SportsWrath

I was wrong...

Sephiroth

I thought David Diehl would be a horrible bust at LT. He didn't impress as a RT, and I thought he was just an above-average Guard... nothing special.

Well, going into game 6, I've gotta say that Diehl has been more than solid. Hasn't given up a whole lot of sacks, and has been a beast run blocking on the left side... just look at all the 9-yard runs Ward had over there for proof... and that "hold" last week was questionable on Jacob's TD run.

Sometimes, I love being so wrong. Now, if Eli could just make me look stupid...

I thought David Diehl would be a horrible bust at LT. He didn't impress as a RT, and I thought he was just an above-average Guard... nothing special.

Well, going into game 6, I've gotta say that Diehl has been more than solid. Hasn't given up a whole lot of sacks, and has been a beast run blocking on the left side... just look at all the 9-yard runs Ward had over there for proof... and that "hold" last week was questionable on Jacob's TD run.

Sometimes, I love being so wrong. Now, if Eli could just make me look stupid...

I know, I almost started giving up on him. He makes some good snap decisions in comeback situations, which is a good trait. But its like hes so lax the entire rest of the game. But I see big things from him coming up. With a solid, and I mean solid run game, two great receivers and a great TE & the Oline doing well he should have all the pieces in place to be a monster.

I know, I almost started giving up on him. He makes some good snap decisions in comeback situations, which is a good trait. But its like hes so lax the entire rest of the game. But I see big things from him coming up. With a solid, and I mean solid run game, two great receivers and a great TE & the Oline doing well he should have all the pieces in place to be a monster.

Eli is a very good QB. I never gave up on him.. never will.

It's good that our organization finally realized the importance of a good, solid line that's been playing together for a couple years now. Not some pieced together, untested dudes on the oline anymore!

BTW, Seph, it's okay to be wrong....there's been about 2 dozen guys on here that were wrong about Aaron Ross, even as I've been talking him up.

People were saying that it meant nothing that A Ross received the best cb in college award(the name slips my mind)

You know... I really feel like we've got what we've got with Eli.

But hey, I've been wrong before. ;)

You know... I really feel like we've got what we've got with Eli.

But hey, I've been wrong before. ;)

The reason I keep holding out hope for him to be great is because he shows talent in something that cant be taught, the comeback. In tense situations he excels, that is god given. He is real good right now, but he can be great. And with our offense having the weapons it does, theres no reason he cant be.

The reason I keep holding out hope for him to be great is because he shows talent in something that cant be taught, the comeback. In tense situations he excels, that is god given. He is real good right now, but he can be great. And with our offense having the weapons it does, theres no reason he cant be.

See, I'd say he's really average right now... he'll look like a world beater one drive then toss an INT that you learn not to throw in Pop Warner the next.

He's in year four. I think this is what we get.