SportsWrath

Strahan to speak

Lughead

FOOTBALL Strahan may talk today email_top.gif print_top.gif

Saturday, August 4, 2007

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Michael Strahan's representative said Friday his client is ready to make a statement about his status, either today or Sunday, but does not think that statement will be his final decision on whether he wants to continue playing.

"Michael is just going to say, 'Look, here's what I'm doing,' " said Baltimore-based Tony Agnone. "He just wants everyone to know it's not just about the money, that he hasn't made up his mind yet whether he wants to play."

Agnone added Strahan is talking with "people he respects," including his father, about his future, and doesn't think he's close to making his final decision. But he can't understand why so many people are dismissing the retirement talk as a contract ploy.

"People think he's broke, but he's not," Agnone said. "I just don't know if he has that fire anymore."

The Giants had no further comment Friday on the Strahan situation.

-- Vinny DiTrani

CHUMP CHANGE

STRAHAN: IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

By PAUL SCHWARTZ

sports046a.jpg GIANT HEADACHE: Michael Strahan's holdout has reached seven days, but his agent says it has nothing to do with his salary.

August 4, 2007 -- ALBANY - Michael Strahan wants Giants fans to know that his holdout - which has now reached seven days and counting - has nothing to do with money and everything to do with his struggle to decide if he has enough passion to play a 15th season.

Strahan's agent, Tony Agnone, yesterday told The Post that Strahan will make a statement to explain himself to Big Blue loyalists in the coming days.

"He's trying to decide if, emotionally and mentally, he can go through 24 weeks to try to bring the Giants a championship," Agnone said. "People are going to tell you it's about the money. It has nothing to do with money."

Agnone admitted that in March he investigated trade possibilities, attempting to gauge interest in Strahan. "I wanted to give him as many different alternative as I could," Agnone said.

Strahan has sought advice from many different players, including longtime Saints and Chiefs offensive tackle Willie Roaf, who retired last year.

As for the Giants' desire to have Strahan back on the field, Agnone said "They say they want the guy. We'll see."

So he's not broke huh? then what's all this about? Is it just that his mind is in the game but his body isn't? or he just does not know how to walk away from the game . one thing is for certain at least he is going threw this now instead of week 5 or 6 like one former Giant did .

It would of been better before the draft no doubt but this is where we are at now .

Stray can go to the Raiders for all I care. I'm sick of these fucking "me,me,me" players. Mark my words, next year Shockey will be pulling this shit.

I don't think so . I have a gut feeling he is turning the corner and becoming more mature.

So he's not broke huh? then what's all this about? Is it just that his mind is in the game but his body isn't? or he just does not know how to walk away from the game . one thing is for certain at least he is going threw this now instead of week 5 or 6 like one former Giant did .

It would of been better before the draft no doubt but this is where we are at now .

Usually, when a player say its not about the money. Its about the money.

Usually, when a player say its not about the money. Its about the money.

Fuck that dude, the giants should trade him to the saints for one of their extra reievers :P . Seriously I dont want him there either.

Stray can go to the Raiders for all I care. I'm sick of these fucking "me,me,me" players. Mark my words, next year Shockey will be pulling this shit.

Shockey said he has enough money with endorsments and such to live very well the rest of his life. That he doesnt play football for "the money".

Shockey said he has enough money with endorsments and such to live very well the rest of his life. That he doesnt play football for "the money".

I dont think Shock will pull this shit.

Fuck you Mike, you can do what you want in your life, but dont pull this shit at the worst possible time and look for sympathy when it blows out of porportion.