SportsWrath

No wonder he sucked at nose tackle

Lughead

Is Willie Joe for Real?

By Ken Palmer

Giants Insider

Posted Aug 2, 2007

Brace yourselves Giants fans. William Joseph is now not only running with the first team in Michael Strahan’s absence (nothing new to report on that front), but he’s also doing very well. Giants coach Tom Coughlin clearly has noticed.

“I like what I have seen out of William,” he said. “As I’ve said, he really did a nice job on the conditioning test. He seems to be a guy that right now, he is just working. He’s out there, he has his head up every day, and he is working hard. You know, he is a big, strong kid. It would be a good time for him to have his best year, obviously."

Coughlin mentioned that CB Kevin Dockery is still ailing from the concussion he suffered early in camp.

“He’s still having that same issue with his eyes,” said Coughlin of Dockery’s sensitivity to light. “He couldn’t go to meetings this week.”

Coughlin said that it’s just going to require time before Dockery can return to field, but that he’s anxious for the youngster, who surprised many and made the club as a rookie free agent last season, to return to action.

“He’s a guy that if you’re going to say had a real good spring, it’s him,” he said.

Rice came in and left with no contract. I can't blieve Willie Joe may be the guy to replace Strahan

Someone should tell Dockery there is such a thing as sun glasses

Dude, he'd be useless anyway if he was recovering from a concussion. Wouldn't remember shit, would be tired/go to sleep, and would be prone to mood swings.

In a way it makes sense. Why is Rice not Strahan? Because he is weak on the run. Willie Joseph is a bigger guy used to the DT position, more of a run-stopping guy than a DE. If he could trim himself down and if he has decent enough speed a DT could make the transition. Certainly no Strahan but if he is doing better than Tuck is....well I would be really surprised.

In a way it makes sense. Why is Rice not Strahan? Because he is weak on the run. Willie Joseph is a bigger guy used to the DT position, more of a run-stopping guy than a DE. If he could trim himself down and if he has decent enough speed a DT could make the transition. Certainly no Strahan but if he is doing better than Tuck is....well I would be really surprised.

But with his abilities, he should create some sort of pass rush. Isn't this the last year of his contract?

Dude, he'd be useless anyway if he was recovering from a concussion. Wouldn't remember shit, would be tired/go to sleep, and would be prone to mood swings.

Yeah, exactly. I've seen people write saying Harry Carson should be DC,

he can barely remember his name, never mind complex defensive formations.