SportsWrath

Steve Phillips "Braves are team to beat in the NL East"

RandolphScott

Steve Phillips can go suck a fat one... Babe Ruth could raise from the Dead and sign with the Mets, Phillips would say the Mets should focus on youth and speed instead.

Ironically something that Mexican secretary fucker never did.

Vaughn

Alomar at 35

Bordick

Bonilla

Henderson

Zeile

Ventura

This is a man who traded away Jason Bay, Melvin Mora, Jason Isringhausen, AJ Burnett, Preston Wilson,

Ironically something that Mexican secretary fucker never did.

Vaughn

Alomar at 35

Bordick

Bonilla

Henderson

Zeile

Ventura

This is a man who traded away Jason Bay, Melvin Mora, Jason Isringhausen, AJ Burnett, Preston Wilson,

Didn't he also sign Carlos Baerga a decade too late, and didn't he also try to trade Jose Reyes?? :ph34r:

Didn't he also sign Carlos Baerga a decade too late, and didn't he also try to trade Jose Reyes?? :ph34r:

:LMAO: Dear Lord yes he did, in the ALomar deal :LMAO:

He also traded Octavio Dotel. This man did nothing but collect old players and NEVER surrond them with some young guys. At least the Mets have some young players in Wright and Reyes and Milliedge and Gomez etc. If Philips were here he would have traded every last one of em. The infield would be Joe Randa, omar Vizquel on the left side.

He also wanted to trade Wright for Jse Cruz Jr. :LMAO:

:LMAO: Dear Lord yes he did, in the ALomar deal :LMAO:

He also traded Octavio Dotel. This man did nothing but collect old players and NEVER surrond them with some young guys. At least the Mets have some young players in Wright and Reyes and Milliedge and Gomez etc. If Philips were here he would have traded every last one of em. The infield would be Joe Randa, omar Vizquel on the left side.

He also wanted to trade Wright for Jse Cruz Jr. :LMAO:

Damn he was terrible. I can't believe he put a team together that reached the World Series.

Damn he was terrible. I can't believe he put a team together that reached the World Series.

thank the Cards for that, the 2000 Mets would never have beaten the Braves and the 2000 Cards could not hit left handed pitching and it happened that the Mets had some decent lefty starters in 2000.

geez, i actually still gave him a bit of credit for getting wright and reyes (or am i wrong there?) but if he tried to trade both of them--i know about reyes for alomar, but wright for cruz?? :LMAO: --then that's all negated.

i dont blame anyone for getting excited about the braves acquisitions, but the mets have been in first all year and are the defending division champs--they are the team to beat at least until someone catches them

geez, i actually still gave him a bit of credit for getting wright and reyes (or am i wrong there?) but if he tried to trade both of them--i know about reyes for alomar, but wright for cruz?? :LMAO: --then that's all negated.

i dont blame anyone for getting excited about the braves acquisitions, but the mets have been in first all year and are the defending division champs--they are the team to beat at least until someone catches them

Tell that to Jimmy Rollins and the moronic Philly fans.

Here is some irony for you, Reyes was found and plucked out of the DR by at the time assistant G.M. Omar Minaya and Wright was drafted with the Mets 2nd pick of the first round in 2001 as compensation for pitcher Mike Hampton leaving for Colorado and their fine schools.

Yes, he and Roger Cedeno.

Remember rocking Roger when Philips brought him back in and he was in CF opening day 2003 when Glavine was on the mound and he Cubs squeaked by the Mets 15-2? I remember him losing the ball all day long and Glavine having this look on his face on the mound like "Why the fuck did I sign here".

I remember the headlines the next day and there was a line in the Post that said, Hey Tom did Andrew Jones ever do that?

Remember rocking Roger when Philips brought him back in and he was in CF opening day 2003 when Glavine was on the mound and he Cubs squeaked by the Mets 15-2? I remember him losing the ball all day long and Glavine having this look on his face on the mound like "Why the fuck did I sign here".

I remember the headlines the next day and there was a line in the Post that said, Hey Tom did Andrew Jones ever do that?

Every year in High School I missed opening day, I remember

walking into the clubhouse, looked at the score and just walked out.

I've missed opening day for 5 years straight for golf.

Every year in High School I missed opening day, I remember

walking into the clubhouse, looked at the score and just walked out.

I've missed opening day for 5 years straight for golf.

yeah I use to miss it back in high school as well when I had games. That was 1989-92 though so like your missed games I did not miss much after 1990.

That 2003 was the most brutal I ever saw.

yeah I use to miss it back in high school as well when I had games. That was 1989-92 though so like your missed games I did not miss much after 1990.

That 2003 was the most brutal I ever saw.

The only one I was really pissed off at missing was Pedro and

Beltran's debut in Cincy. Speaking of Cincy, where has Rudi been?

The only one I was really pissed off at missing was Pedro and

Beltran's debut in Cincy. Speaking of Cincy, where has Rudi been?

:confused:

Yeah I was on a plane that day and we were grounded at an airport in Pittsburgh on a layover and the plane shit the bed that was coming back to Laguardia. I was at the bar just having a drink and I asked the bartender on a whim to just put ESPN on and the Mets/reds were on, great game until Looper came in