SportsWrath

How many years do you give a QB?

ksm7

It's amazing how some people still blame Norwood. It was hardly a chip shot and that was the best Superbowl I have ever seen. I still remember Hostetler getting smelling salts more than once and the teams were out to kill each other. Maybe it's nostalgia talking but the Superbowls lately just seem boring.

That was the longest field goal attempt in the Super

Bowl up to that point and it's still the only attempt where

if he missed it wouldn't have gone into overtime.

My point is I think you're putting way too much of the blame on the receivers and not enough on the passer..... ...That's one every 3-4 games. When Eli's passing 30 odd times a game that's not effecting his passer rating too much. At some stage you have to look to his accuracy. Too many of his balls are rushed or just plain not catchable.

Eli last year 32.6 attempts per game

Eli finished with 57.7% completion percentage.

It's amazing how some people still blame Norwood. It was hardly a chip shot and that was the best Superbowl I have ever seen. I still remember Hostetler getting smelling salts more than once and the teams were out to kill each other. Maybe it's nostalgia talking but the Superbowls lately just seem boring.

Yes and partly because now we have a 3 hour concert at half time with music that sucks with wardrobe malfunction.

Is there weed in them hotdogs??? :confused:

Silly??? Youre tellin me that if alot of those passes, thrown RIGHT at thier chests, were caught, Eli's #'s wouldnt be better? Can I have a hit?

EXAMPLE: If Eli completed 50 passes(example), and attempted 80 cause 30 were dropped, youre saying that his #'s wouldnt be better if 20 of those werent dropped? :rolleyes:

The Dog is now certain that you are quite brilliant indeed...The Giant faithful are truelly fortunate to have a sheppard such as yourself leading them to graze...Obviously your cute little explanation above is true- the Dog's original point being that this is a lame argument, because it applies to every QB that has ever played...unless of course, you are able to produce real statistics that validate the fact that Eli Manning was victimized by a statistically significant higher number of dropped passes then the average NFL QB, then your thought along this line was, is, and will always be merely quite silly...Now, be a doll and fetch the Dog the statistics he was asking for...

While we are on the subject, the guy who got all the press for dropping passes last season, including what would have been a 70 yard TD in Washinton, was TO.

Interestingly, this had a negative impact on Romo's stats, not Peyton's baby brother's stats. So, if we want to analyze dropped passes, I am quite certain that Romo would put even more distance between himself and Peyton's baby brother... :clap:

Im starting to agree with you, except for the totally unclutch.(refer to 1st agme against Philly, Plax GW catch).

You do appear to be firmly strattling the fence on this entire issue. First you argue that Burress and Shockey drop a number of passes that Manning puts "right on the numbers," then you agree that Burress and Shockey don't drop a lot of passes, except when it counts...then you say that you disagree with the statement that they are totally unclutch (which would support the idea that they drop passes when it counts), citing the Eagles game...The Dog would like to request that in future debates, it may help if you actually take a stance on the issue being discussed...anything else would be, well, it would be you just being silly again...

The Dog is now certain that you are quite brilliant indeed...The Giant faithful are truelly fortunate to have a sheppard such as yourself leading them to graze...Obviously your cute little explanation above is true- the Dog's original point being that this is a lame argument, because it applies to every QB that has ever played...unless of course, you are able to produce real statistics that validate the fact that Eli Manning was victimized by a statistically significant higher number of dropped passes then the average NFL QB, then your thought along this line was, is, and will always be merely quite silly...Now, be a doll and fetch the Dog the statistics he was asking for...

LOL!! Hold on a second, Im busy fetchin your mom. ;) Now, when you learn how to talk to me, we can continue. Until that time, continue being your normal, double personality schmuck who talks in the 3rd person.

Dropped passes affect stats, if your too stupid too see that, you got issues.

LOL!! Hold on a second, Im busy fetchin your mom. ;) Now, when you learn how to talk to me, we can continue. Until that time, continue being your normal, double personality schmuck who talks in the 3rd person.

Dropped passes affect stats, if your too stupid too see that, you got issues.

Is that the best you can do? The double personality and a rather mundane "mom" joke? Please tell the Dog you have something better...You are arguing that Manning was victimized by dropped passes, which obviously effects all QB's numbers, not just his (and based on the posted stats, it appears to effect others more so then Manning)...Please tell the Dog you haven't resorted to lame accusations and mother jokes...and to be clear - do you or don't you believe that shockey and burress dropped a lot of passes, and if so, did they do it in clutch times or not? You appear to be struggling with your own self on this issue...

Is that the best you can do? The double personality and a rather mundane "mom" joke? Please tell the Dog you have something better...You are arguing that Manning was victimized by dropped passes, which obviously effects all QB's numbers, not just his (and based on the posted stats, it appears to effect others more so then Manning)...Please tell the Dog you haven't resorted to lame accusations and mother jokes...and to be clear - do you or don't you believe that shockey and burress dropped a lot of passes, and if so, did they do it in clutch times or not? You appear to be struggling with your own self on this issue...

Not once, did I say he was VICTIMIZED, those are your words. I merely stated that if they didnt drop as many passes, his ratio and rating would be higher. Its common sense, oh wait, you have none. Its easy to understand. ;)

LOL!! I love the vain attempts at bein clever egg! :doh:

While we are on the subject, the guy who got all the press for dropping passes last season, ........was TO.

Interestingly, this had a negative impact on Romo's stats, not Peyton's baby brother's stats. So, if we want to analyze dropped passes, I am quite certain that Romo would put even more distance between himself and Peyton's baby brother... :clap:

You ARE correct about T.O., last season and his dropped passes. He rated real high as far as dropped passes. Now IF I was a true Cowboy fan, I would have left the T.O. 'dropsies' out of it....it really doesn't make Toni Roma a better QB. Back on the T.O. 'dropsies'...T.O. has really never been one to drop passes but he set a 'low' standard for himself as soon as he became a Cowboy. Why is that? The 'old' cowboys (Irvin, Harper,etc..) were never known for 'dropped' passes.

Now if you was to project Toni Roma's stats over three years (assuming he played the way he did for his 8 game run)...his career would be real mediocre. But hey....acccording to the press and Dallas fans, for the first 4 games Toni Roma was Roger Staubaugh re-incarnated!!!

Dallas was 8-4 through 12 games and ready to take its place as a legitimate Super Bowl contender from the NFC. However, Romo and Co. stumbled in the final quarter of the season, going 1-3 and eking into the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

So with the 22nd pick in this past weekend's draft, Dallas had a chance to grab a player who appears more of a sure thing than Romo. That, of course, was ex-Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn. Projected by most as a top-five pick, Quinn plummeted into the 20s, where the Cowboys could have grabbed him. Instead, owner Jerry Jones traded the pick to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for a second-rounder in 2007 (which was unloaded for more selections) and a first-rounder next year. Brilliant!!!!! :clap:

Now ask yourself this 'How many years do you give a Romo?'

Not once, did I say he was VICTIMIZED, those are your words. I merely stated that if they didnt drop as many passes, his ratio and rating would be higher. Its common sense, oh wait, you have none. Its easy to understand. ;)

LOL!! I love the vain attempts at bein clever egg! :doh:

It is common sense - The Dog still stands on the fact that it is a silly argument, because Manning's numbers are no more impacted by dropped passes than any other QB who has played the game...if you want to boost his numbers to take this into account, then you have to do the same for every QB, which in turn, puts Manning's current production in the same level relative to every other QB...That is common sense...The Dog still wonders, are you of the belief that shockey and burress drop a lot of passes that Manning puts right on the numbers as you stated earlier, or are you of the belief that they only drop passes in clutch situations as you later agreed, or option three, are you of the belief that they do not drop passes in clutch situations, as you stated as well, citing the Eagles game...because again, the Dog is quite certain you are confusing yourself on these issues...

It is common sense - The Dog still stands on the fact that it is a silly argument, because Manning's numbers are no more impacted by dropped passes than any other QB who has played the game...if you want to boost his numbers to take this into account, then you have to do the same for every QB, which in turn, puts Manning's current production in the same level relative to every other QB...That is common sense...The Dog still wonders, are you of the belief that shockey and burress drop a lot of passes that Manning puts right on the numbers as you stated earlier, or are you of the belief that they only drop passes in clutch situations as you later agreed, or option three, are you of the belief that they do not drop passes in clutch situations, as you stated as well, citing the Eagles game...because again, the Dog is quite certain you are confusing yourself on these issues...

No, the Blue is quite certain you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Players catch more passes, QB's have better #'s. Thats all Im saying.

Type---- Number---- Pct of Incomp--- Pct of Overall Attempts 
Pass Dropped-- 26 ----------11.8-------------- 5.0 
Poor Throw----- 86---------- 38.9-------------- 16.5 
Pass Defensed-- 34--------- 15.4--------------- 6.5 
Pass Hit at Line- 15---------- 6.8---------------- 2.9 
Other ------------42---------- 19.0-------------- 8.0 
Intercepted -----18---------- 8.1---------------- 3.4

The reason you can't give up on Eli at this point is simple, he's a monster in the redzone.

Kerri Collins got us into the redzone a lot more than Eli, but we're still coming away with more points.

You ARE correct about T.O., last season and his dropped passes. He rated real high as far as dropped passes. Now IF I was a true Cowboy fan, I would have left the T.O. 'dropsies' out of it....it really doesn't make Toni Roma a better QB. Back on the T.O. 'dropsies'...T.O. has really never been one to drop passes but he set a 'low' standard for himself as soon as he became a Cowboy. Why is that? The 'old' cowboys (Irvin, Harper,etc..) were never known for 'dropped' passes.

Now if you was to project Toni Roma's stats over three years (assuming he played the way he did for his 8 game run)...his career would be real mediocre. But hey....acccording to the press and Dallas fans, for the first 4 games Toni Roma was Roger Staubaugh re-incarnated!!!

Dallas was 8-4 through 12 games and ready to take its place as a legitimate Super Bowl contender from the NFC. However, Romo and Co. stumbled in the final quarter of the season, going 1-3 and eking into the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

So with the 22nd pick in this past weekend's draft, Dallas had a chance to grab a player who appears more of a sure thing than Romo. That, of course, was ex-Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn. Projected by most as a top-five pick, Quinn plummeted into the 20s, where the Cowboys could have grabbed him. Instead, owner Jerry Jones traded the pick to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for a second-rounder in 2007 (which was unloaded for more selections) and a first-rounder next year. Brilliant!!!!! :clap:

Now ask yourself this 'How many years do you give a Romo?'

Based on Romo's performance last season I think the Cowboys must resign him immediatetly. I wish they didn't have to and could observe one more year. But they really have no choice.

People have this misconception that they won all of those games in the middle of the season because of Romo and went 1-3 because of Romo. The defense played well in most of those wins. Most, if not all of there losses, resulted from defensive breakdowns. Romo made poor decisions, but he did not single handledly loose any of those games. Also, had TO caught the perfect strike from Romo against Washinton they would have won that game as well. So that is another loss that was not Tony Romo's fault.

As far as Quinn goes, if he was really a top 5 pick, Cleveland would not have risked losing him and Miami would have taken him. At this stage of the game, I will take Romo, who has already proven he can win in this league and lead a team to the playoffs, over Brady Quinn who has not proven anything.

And, by the way, Jone's move was brilliant. They get a good pass rusher and with 2 number one picks next season, they will get their QB is Romo does not pan out. In fact, maybe they will even give Eli a second change as he could be unemployed next Jan. :LMAO:

After the Manning debacle, the Giants could learn something from Jone's draft.

No, the Blue is quite certain you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Players catch more passes, QB's have better #'s. Thats all Im saying.

Perhaps the Dog is making more of this...it is just that, you clearly wanted to discuss the fact that Manning's numbers were depressed by dropped passes, something you didn't recall being a factor for McNabb in his early years...The Dog simply pointed out that this is silly in that all QB's are victims of the same issue...You appeared to take some offense to the charge of being silly, escalating the debate from there, in which you spiraled into not agreeing with your original statement that burress and shockey drop a lot of passes, but do so only in clutch situations, which you ultimately disagreed with (seemingly disagreed with yourself on this one) by stating that you do not believe that they are "unclutch." At which time, the Dog, being one who thirsts logic, was asking for clarification on, which you seem to not want to do...never the less, the Dog will now shift away from this debate, as it seems to be occupying entirely too much of the Dog's time, and as you may know, the Dog's time is extremely precious...

Perhaps the Dog is making more of this...it is just that, you clearly wanted to discuss the fact that Manning's numbers were depressed by dropped passes, something you didn't recall being a factor for McNabb in his early years...The Dog simply pointed out that this is silly in that all QB's are victims of the same issue...You appeared to take some offense to the charge of being silly, escalating the debate from there, in which you spiraled into not agreeing with your original statement that burress and shockey drop a lot of passes, but do so only in clutch situations, which you ultimately disagreed with (seemingly disagreed with yourself on this one) by stating that you do not believe that they are "unclutch." At which time, the Dog, being one who thirsts logic, was asking for clarification on, which you seem to not want to do...never the less, the Dog will now shift away from this debate, as it seems to be occupying entirely too much of the Dog's time, and as you may know, the Dog's time is extremely precious...

:confused:

LOL!! OK, someone likes to read dictionaries and type those words to make others think he's smart. :rolleyes:

Anyway, yes, as stated in the previous post, it is WAY to early to give up on Eli. Even with his downfall, he still better than half the QB's in the league at this point, including Romo the Homo.

LOL!! OK, someone likes to read dictionaries and type those words to make others think he's smart. :rolleyes:

Anyway, yes, as stated in the previous post, it is WAY to early to give up on Eli. Even with his downfall, he still better than half the QB's in the league at this point, including Romo the Homo.

Just out of curiosity Bigblue, which word that the dog typed do you need a dictionary for? :confused:

ANd why did you post twice?

Hmmm...The Dog is starting to see the issue here. Earlier in this post, you told the Dog that "until you know how to talk to me"...the Dog disregraded that statement at the time, as it made little sense...but now the pieces come together - if you require a dictionary to understand the words in the Dog's post, which on further review, all appear to be standard vocabulary that many possess by grade 6, then it is clear that the Dog does not know how to talk to you...it has been quite some time since the Dog was in kindergarten, but the Dog will give it the old college try (college is like big people school)...

See Shockey run...Run Shockey run...

See Eli throw ball...throw that ball Eli!

See Shockey drop the ball...Oh dear!!

Bigblue1, Do you think Shockey drops lots of balls? Do you think Plaxico drops lots of balls? Do you think they do this when they feel scared?

Just out of curiosity Bigblue, which word that the dog typed do you need a dictionary for? :confused:

ANd why did you post twice?

How ironic. I was told that I was a dummy for not understanding the wordage about Emmons and DeOssie on another thread, and now look, eggy/hotdog cant read mine. :rolleyes:

I said HOTDOG(your alter ego) needs to read a dictionary to make him feel smart....LMFAO!!!!!! :LMAO:

How ironic. I was told that I was a dummy for not understanding the wordage about Emmons and DeOssie on another thread, and now look, eggy/hotdog cant read mine. :rolleyes:

I said HOTDOG(your alter ego) needs to read a dictionary to make him feel smart....LMFAO!!!!!! :LMAO:

:doh:

Oh my...perhaps the Dog can simplify this: the fact that you believe that the Dog needed a dictionary in the above posts, leads the Dog to believe that you feel the words are quite challenging (why else would you think the Dog needed a dictionary for the above post)...see if you can connect the dots here - if you do believe this to be the case, then clearly you find the post to be challenging in terms of the vocabulary used, which, as was already stated, was nothing more then elementary level vocabulary...

THe Dog does find the fact that you continue to make yourself laugh extremely refreshing...that being said, will you clarify the fact that you are a walking contradiction or are you going to just let that go? Oh my, the Dog used a four syllable word...

To get back to topic...The Dog concurs that it is in fact early to give up on him, but the initial impression is certainly lacking at this point...That being said, the Dog is not ready to say that he is better then half the QBs in the league...

Oh my...perhaps the Dog can simplify this: the fact that you believe that the Dog needed a dictionary in the above posts, leads the Dog to believe that you feel the words are quite challenging (why else would you think the Dog needed a dictionary for the above post)...see if you can connect the dots here - if you do believe this to be the case, then clearly you find the post to be challenging in terms of the vocabulary used, which, as was already stated, was nothing more then elementary level vocabulary...

THe Dog does find the fact that you continue to make yourself laugh extremely refreshing...that being said, will you clarify the fact that you are a walking contradiction or are you going to just let that go? Oh my, the Dog used a four syllable word...

Show me ONCE, where I contradicted myself. And no, the words are not challenging. You know what I mean, stop tryin to outwit someone on the INTERNET. What kind of loser are you? Youre putting up posts, while talking in the 3rd person, that appear to try and sound witty. Just talk about the subject at hand, dont try to win some poster of the year award. :rolleyes: