SportsWrath

Steve Smith

Lughead

Who knows if there is one going to be available. And if there is and we push after him hard and don't get him, how do you think Plax will feel about us trying to replace him while he's still under contract? This is a fragile situation.

Maybe if Plax gives 100% effort and doesn't play like a bitch we won't try to replace him.

Actually, the Giants went into week 10 vs. the Bears 6-2, and were very much in the game when LUKE PETITGOUT broke his leg and was lost for the season. We ended up tanking the rest of the game and the rest of the season as Eli's blindside was completely undefended with geriatric Bob Whitfield trying to block guys half his age. It was Luke Petitgout who showed just how important he was to this team when he went down last year. Good thing we replaced him.... :confused::furious:

Actually, we went into that game with both Umenoriya, Tuck, and Strahan out, and hoping BRANDON SHORT was healthy enough to start, let alone Arrington.

So, unless Pettigout could have prevented the conversion of 3 and 20, a field goal run back for a touchdown, or would have kept the Bears offense from looking like the '99 Rams, I don't think that this was the factor you think was.

Actually, we went into that game with both Umenoriya, Tuck, and Strahan out, and hoping BRANDON SHORT was healthy enough to start, let alone Arrington.

So, unless Pettigout could have prevented the conversion of 3 and 20, a field goal run back for a touchdown, or would have kept the Bears offense from looking like the '99 Rams, I don't think that this was the factor you think was.

HOW DARE YOU MAKE SENSE :furious:

How do you remember all this? Don't you know forgetting certain things is what keeps us sane?

The Defense blew that game for us. People forget that Tiki had a hell of aq game against that vounted Bears defense.

Steve Smith could be a replacement for Plaxico. I think this is Plaxico's last year as a Giant.

Next years starting wideouts could be Moss and Smith.

They play different positions. Plax is a split end, whereas Smith fits best at flanker. I think they would have drafted differently if the team felt Plax was on the way out.

They play different positions. Plax is a split end, whereas Smith fits best at flanker. I think they would have drafted differently if the team felt Plax was on the way out.

Money, you may be right about the positions, but I've said this about Plax since before Smith was drafted. I think he's one of those big cuts we make at the end of the season, especially if it's a bad one.

Furthermore, based on what you're saying, explain Pettigout. Even you said you were baffled about that one.

Pulling this out of a hat but... injury may have been too serious to pay that money for, we felt he wouldn't be able to block for a guy like Jacobs as exposed to Tiki. Etc. Etc.

There would be no reasoning for cutting Plaxico. If we drafted Jarrett, I would agree. But we didn't. We need a player like Plax for Eli to do well.

Money, you may be right about the positions, but I've said this about Plax since before Smith was drafted. I think he's one of those big cuts we make at the end of the season, especially if it's a bad one.

Amen.

Pulling this out of a hat but... injury may have been too serious to pay that money for, we felt he wouldn't be able to block for a guy like Jacobs as exposed to Tiki. Etc. Etc.

There would be no reasoning for cutting Plaxico. If we drafted Jarrett, I would agree. But we didn't. We need a player like Plax for Eli to do well.

I think in a couple of years we're going to be happy it was Smith that was picked and not Jarrett.

Does there have to be reasoning?. I don't Plaxico is as bad as some make him out to be here, but he's not a stud like a Marvin Harrison etc. If the Giants get a new coach next season, I don't see him around for sure.

I think in a couple of years we're going to be happy it was Smith that was picked and not Jarrett.

Does there have to be reasoning?. I don't Plaxico is as bad as some make him out to be here, but he's not a stud like a Marvin Harrison etc. If the Giants get a new coach next season, I don't see him around for sure.

He's only bad for the money he's making and being our #1 receiver. The expectations are higher and rightfully so. And trust when a player goes down when the defender touches his towel, it doesn't speak well for that player.