SportsWrath

Offseason Power Rankings

jerseygiantfan

Pardon me but how can you rank the Bengals 10'th and the Giants 17'th when they both had the same tough schedule last season & the same record? Considering neither team has had a real knock out off-season shouldn't they be closer?

One team has Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson.

The other doesn't.

That explains alot to me.

Wow that ranking is bullshit. They trash the Bears but still rank them #5( fifth best team in the entire league) because they play in the NFC North? I have officially lost all respect for ESPN "experts".

BLOW ME ESPN (if there was a middle finger smiley, this is where it would be)

Finger_2.jpg

One team has Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson.

The other doesn't.

That explains alot to me.

Yeah & last I checked they:

A. Didn't make the playoffs because they lost their last 3 games and couldn't put the smack on the worthless Steelers (a division rival) in their last game of the season @ home including in OT.

B. The Giants did make the playoffs by faltering and then winning their last game of the regular season (against a division rival) and nearly won a playoff game they had no business being in.

For those two reasons alone they should be ranked much closer.

Finger_2.jpg

:clap:

A. Didn't make the playoffs because they lost their last 3 games and couldn't put the smack on the worthless Steelers (a division rival) in their last game of the season @ home including in OT.

Can't say for sure cause I am not going to check on this, but I am going to assume they had some injuries and end-of-season issues to deal with here...but even if they didn't..............................................

B. The Giants did make the playoffs by faltering and then winning their last game of the regular season (against a division rival) and nearly won a playoff game they had no business being in.

With a certain player who is no longer on the team that individually accounted for over 40% of the teams offense.

Listen I agree with you as a Giants fan but the writer of those rankings put it best, no one knows what BJ will do as the feature back...it could be great it could be bad...I think it will be good but I am of course biased.

Should they be closer? Maybe. But who gives a fuck, these are power rankings in MAY...the season runs from Sept-Feb power rankings in May are published for one reason only footballs diehard fans have entered into the truly dead part of the year where there is very little of anything to talk about....so lets do power rankings!

Powerrankings in May are worthless anyway ...but until they prove otherwise ....the G men at 17 is about right !

Personally i like to see the Cowgirls and Eagles totally overrated ( as usual )

I would be very happy with the Giants entering the season as underdogs again

At least the Skins are in their rightful place ..near the bottom !