SportsWrath

Nate Clements

Lughead

Nate Clements,an offer "he can not refuse."

Rumors Begin: Giants Eyeing Nate Clements and Willis McGahee?

Posted Feb 24th 2007 4:22PM by Dan Benton

Filed under: Bills, NY Giants, NFC East, NFL Rumors, New York, NFL Free Agency

The latest rumors state that the Giants are extremely interested in cornerback Nate Clements. According to David Klein [via CBS Sportsline]the rumor is that the Giants will make Clements an offer "he can not refuse." The Giants were obviously unhappy with the performance of their secondary last season and are looking to improve in that area. Clements is the premier free agent cornerback on the market so it would not be a surprise if the Giants were looking in his direction.

The Giants are also determined to grab another running back. I've said from the start that I think Brandon Jacobs can handle the starting role but it doesn't look like he's going to get it. It was reported on Sirius radio earlier that Jerry Reese made a mention of Willis McGahee during a recent press conference. I have not actually heard the press conference but there had been rumors of a Giants/Bills trade for about 10 days now.

Although I am a huge Jacobs fan, I think McGahee would fit the Giants system well. He's a good downhill runner and has good size and speed as well. He's also good going side-to-side and can stop and start without losing to much momentum. It'll be interesting to see how both of these situations pan out.

who do we trade?

They can get fat bag of dick for all I care, becuase that's what their giving us return. <_<

For real. Now I will always be a Giant fan, but I gotta say, If Brandon doesnt get every chance to start for us, then Im going to have to sit out for a while till they can every moron in charge. Last thing we should do is keep BJ's in the back seat.

I hardly think bringing McGahee in is sticking Jacobs in the backseat again. The topic below on the possibility of a trade for McGahee there is a comment from Reese about how they see Jacobs getting the majority of the carries but they want a change-of-pace back. As far as I can tell Reese and Co. want Jacobs to be the starter and want him to keep developing into a complete NFL back but until they have seen he has the ability to do so on the field on a consistent basis they are not going to pin the offenses success on an already inconsistent QB AND an unknown RB. Give Jacobs some competition in training camp and someone on the team who can come in to keep Jacobs fresh throughout the game. Keep in mind Jacobs has never been the sole-starting RB in any of his colleges. He has always been part of a combo. And since RB combos are the rage now in the NFL, the Giants want to jump on board. The two Super Bowl teams were RB tandem teams keep in mind.

As far as Clements goes, he is the best CB available and a proven player at the position. It is my understanding that he also does a good job in run support. Bringing Clements in is pretty much the only big move available on the FA market now that the tags have taken 90% of the best talent out of play.

For real. Now I will always be a Giant fan, but I gotta say, If Brandon doesnt get every chance to start for us, then Im going to have to sit out for a while till they can every moron in charge. Last thing we should do is keep BJ's in the back seat.

:clap::rock::TU::drool::LMAO:

I hardly think bringing McGahee in is sticking Jacobs in the backseat again. The topic below on the possibility of a trade for McGahee there is a comment from Reese about how they see Jacobs getting the majority of the carries but they want a change-of-pace back. As far as I can tell Reese and Co. want Jacobs to be the starter and want him to keep developing into a complete NFL back but until they have seen he has the ability to do so on the field on a consistent basis they are not going to pin the offenses success on an already inconsistent QB AND an unknown RB. Give Jacobs some competition in training camp and someone on the team who can come in to keep Jacobs fresh throughout the game. Keep in mind Jacobs has never been the sole-starting RB in any of his colleges. He has always been part of a combo. And since RB combos are the rage now in the NFL, the Giants want to jump on board. The two Super Bowl teams were RB tandem teams keep in mind.

As far as Clements goes, he is the best CB available and a proven player at the position. It is my understanding that he also does a good job in run support. Bringing Clements in is pretty much the only big move available on the FA market now that the tags have taken 90% of the best talent out of play.

Yea, but McGahee is going to want to start, and if he doesnt hes going to cry about it. Last thing we need. The competion couldnt hurt though, your right about that. I just think the guy could bring more problems than solutions. There are other good backs that wont come with as much baggage.

I can definitly dig getting Clements though, for sure.

Yea, but McGahee is going to want to start, and if he doesnt hes going to cry about it. Last thing we need. The competion couldnt hurt though, your right about that. I just think the guy could bring more problems than solutions. There are other good backs that wont come with as much baggage.

I can definitly dig getting Clements though, for sure.

The reason Buffalo wants to trade him is to avoid a hold out that he has threatened when his contract is up after next season. So that is the kind of guy we'd be dealing with. Is he really worth it?

The reason Buffalo wants to trade him is to avoid a hold out that he has threatened when his contract is up after next season. So that is the kind of guy we'd be dealing with. Is he really worth it?

I think the Giants are a better fit for Willis and if they are smart they don't make the trade unless he agrees to a contract extension.