SportsWrath

The dirty white boy

Lughead

While I am not convinced with Blackburns ability to be a starting LB, he is easily a competant backup. You cannot deny that he has made an impact each time he steps onto the field. Fumble recovery in his first game, INT for a TD his second, and a sack in the playoff game. Three games he has gotten playing time in, each game a major play.

When he came in last season in his first game, can't remember against who I want to say Eagles, I watched him closely because I knew he was a UDFA and it is always great to see a UDFA play well. At first he was having obvious adjustment problems, but he quickly showed he was getting comfortable. He was in on a lot of plays and showed recognition skills. Each game he has played in he has been a contributing force on defense. That alone makes him worth an extension and a small monetary committment.

I'd say he at least deserves a shot at showing he can be a starter. I'm pretty sure Spag said he would be adding more 3-4 looks on defense, Blackburn would probably be a good second MLB next to Pierce. Good run support, letting one of our speed DEs set up on the edge to put some pressure on the QB.

I'm glad we signed Blackburn too. Reminds me a lot of Nick Greisen, but with a bit more speed and size.

I'm not sure if he's starting caliber either, but we should at least give him a shot. We drafted a guy named Jesse Armstead in the eighth round one year, and he sat around playing nickel and dime linebacker for four years before we gave him a legit shot... and that worked out great for us.

I'm not saying that Blackburn will be that good, but it IS possible. I'm glad he's sticking around.

I'm glad we signed Blackburn too. Reminds me a lot of Nick Greisen, but with a bit more speed and size.

I'm not sure if he's starting caliber either, but we should at least give him a shot. We drafted a guy named Jesse Armstead in the eighth round one year, and he sat around playing nickel and dime linebacker for four years before we gave him a legit shot... and that worked out great for us.

I'm not saying that Blackburn will be that good, but it IS possible. I'm glad he's sticking around.

Thats the best signature I have ever seen. :clap:

Its a good signing as long as he is not a starter for a long period of time.

Yeah well lets just see what he has. No one said he was coming into the year as a starter. But lets give him some more playing time, and go from there. Thats all I'm saying. If he can do it great, if not, than letting Arrington go is going to be the biggest mistake Reese makes. And how great that it was one of his first moves as GM. I still say it was a bad idea. <_<