SportsWrath

::::::::::::::::::Late Breaking::::::::::::::::

Lughead

Tiki Barber Will Continue Working With Brandon Jacobs: LINK

Posted Feb 16th 2007 4:22PM by Dan Benton

Filed under: NY Giants, NFC East, New York

Although Tiki Barber may be retired from football it appears that he'll continue working with Brandon Jacobs. Barber's goal is apparently to make Jacobs into the best all-around running back possible. The two clearly developed a close relationship during their two years playing together and it will continue beyond Tiki's playing days.

"Brandon is a powerful, determined runner. What I will continue to work with him on is controlling and harnessing his emotions, because sometimes they get the best of him. He also needs to learn how to be a complete player. He's also got to run a little bit lower, because they're going to come at his knees since he's 6-foot-4. I think he can be a #1 back next year, but he has to win the job," Barber said.

It's nice to hear Tiki say something that isn't derogatory about the Giants for a change and I sure hope he's right. I'm a huge Brandon Jacobs fan and have been calling for him to start since the end of the season. I feel like the Giants already have the solution to their running back problem and shouldn't waste any money or a draft pick to fill a hole that's not really there.

Does Jacobs have some improvements to make? Of course, but those will be made this off-season and throughout training camp. Jacobs can carry this team regardless of what kind of runner he is. Is a change-of-pace back needed? Yes, but a back-up is much easier to come by and much more cost effective.

See, everyone wanted to tear Tiki down when they thought he was talkin shit, now he's the man. Please guys and gals, he's always been the man.

Its funny how some people got mad when he talked about Tom Coughlin, you know, the same coach WE all talked shit about. :TU:

See, everyone wanted to tear Tiki down when they thought he was talkin shit, now he's the man. Please guys and gals, he's always been the man.

Its funny how some people got mad when he talked about Tom Coughlin, you know, the same coach WE all talked shit about. :TU:

We are fans, not former players. What we say doesn't make waves in the locker room, or have the potential to cause controversy. Tiki should just shut his yap, and move on with his life. He sounds like a bitch anyway. "Coughlin worked me too hard :cwy: ." Please. First he says he's been planning his retirement for 10 years, now it's Coughlin's methods had a hand in his decision?? One more year under Coughlin, and maybe he'd really be considered a Hall of Famer. Thank God he left now though, because if he ever made the Hall, he'd surely let us know how great he is. Oh, he's already been doing that. :rolleyes:

Thanks, but no thanks, Tiki. We can take it from here. We don't need someone chirping in Jacobs' ear about the bad coaching if and when the going gets tough.

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard.

"Brandon is a powerful, determined runner. What I will continue to work with him on is controlling and harnessing his emotions, because sometimes they get the best of him. ......"

so, he'll teach him how to lead the league in butt slaps and help ups. i agree with mickeef. we have coaches, he doesn't need tiki's help. and who wants jacobs to lose his fire?

Yeah...because Tiki's never whined about the coaching when he going got tough... :blink:

Tiki Barber was nothing but as asset for the Giants. He has the right to voice his opinion of a bunch of asshole coaches who choekd.

Tiki's a putz who tarnished his whole Giant career in the space of about five weeks. Good riddance. Tired of his whining.

:LMAO:

He didn't tarnish all of it, but he definitely wasn't graceful on the way out.

Oh Cmon, you guys make me fuckin sick. I bet both of you were up and cheering his "Tarnished" last few games.

I dont know if thats supposed to be about my reply, but I never bashed Tiki. Mybe I was a little upset about him announcing his retirement. But thats it.

Oh Cmon, you guys make me fuckin sick. I bet both of you were up and cheering his "Tarnished" last few games.

Of course we were. But he has been a first rate asshole over the last week or two. And when his autobiography comes out in September, it'll be another distraction.

Of course we were. But he has been a first rate asshole over the last week or two. And when his autobiography comes out in September, it'll be another distraction.

:confused:

Distraction for who? He doesnt play football anymore.

You're damn right I was, but that doesn't mean he went out gracefully. He sat on the bench looking like he didn't give a rat's ass against the Eagles in the playoffs and was smiling ear to ear after the loss. Now he's bad mouthing the coach for the second straight offseason, while not even on the team anymore and calling himself "great". I said nothing about his play, I think he was great and loved watching him play. I also think Terrell Owens was once great, but we all know he's an asshole.

:confused:

Distraction for who? He doesnt play football anymore.

It will be a distraction the first time someone asks Coughlin, "Hey, what do you think about what Tiki said about you in his book?", during next season. Hmm, I wonder why it's coming out in September? Oh, I think that's when football season starts!

Write book... bad mouth coach in it... release when football season starts... reporters to ask former coaches and teammates what they think... create buzz... get people interested in book... make money. BRILLIANT!!!

It will be a distraction the first time someone asks Coughlin, "Hey, what do you think about what Tiki said about you in his book?", during next season. Hmm, I wonder why it's coming out in September? Oh, I think that's when football season starts!

Write book... bad mouth coach in it... release when football season starts... reporters to ask former coaches and teammates what they think... create buzz... get people interested in book... make money. BRILLIANT!!!

Q:Hey, what do you think about what Tiki said about you in his book?

A: It doesnt matter, I have no comment on it and if I am asked another question about his book all Media days will be cut inhalf for the rest of the season.

Make oney? Tiki Barber made almost 5 millio dollars last year alone. You dont thin the Giants offered him a crazy amount of money for another year? Your an idiot if you dont. He's gonna make more money in 1 year with his broadcasting than he did his first 5 as a Giant. Money is not an issue.

Make oney? Tiki Barber made almost 5 millio dollars last year alone. You dont thin the Giants offered him a crazy amount of money for another year? Your an idiot if you dont. He's gonna make more money in 1 year with his broadcasting than he did his first 5 as a Giant. Money is not an issue.

What is the purpose of writing and selling a book? Are those books going to be handed out for free? He's marketing himself, TO MAKE MORE MONEY, now and in the future. There's nothing wrong with that, but don't think that Tiki is writing a book for any reason other than it will sell and help propel him further into his new career.

Thanks, but no thanks, Tiki. We can take it from here. We don't need someone chirping in Jacobs' ear about the bad coaching if and when the going gets tough.

You know what pisses me off about the whole "Coach TC made me retire" thing? Wasn't it Tiki that bitched about not getting the ball enough through out the whole season?

You know what pisses me off about the whole "Coach TC made me retire" thing? Wasn't it Tiki that bitched about not getting the ball enough through out the whole season?

You you people really amaze me. When your the best damn player on the team and you dont get the ball, why not make some noise? What is your line of thinking?