SportsWrath

Drew Bennett

fringe

He'd be a great fit on the Giants. Tall, over the middle, route running possesion receiver.

Drew Bennett, UFA, Tennessee Titans

Bennett might not be considered a special wide receiver in NFL circles, but the UCLA product has great size and good hands as a second receiving option. An uncanny connection with quarterback Billy Volek in 2004 helped Bennett to 1,247 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns. With Vince Young being named the starter, production was up and down for Bennett, but he managed to reach triple-digit receiving yards in three different games, and totaled 737 yards with three scores. The Titans are closer to competing than previously though, it appears, but Bennett may look for work in a system focused more on the pass and with a chance to seriously compete sooner. Several teams could use Bennett to compliment a smaller and faster receiver, and if used properly, Bennett can put up strong numbers once again.

discuss....

When Toomer went down it exposed one GLARING weakness in our receiving corp, a total lack of possession receivers outside of Toomer. We need Bennett or at least a player like him.

Even when Plax missed a game, we played poorly. Against the Texans, one of the worst defenses in the NFL, Eli had a very mediocre game. If either Amani or Plax goes down, Eli's production is hurt. That's why we need another reliable target.

He'd be a great fit on the Giants. Tall, over the middle, route running possesion receiver.

Drew Bennett, UFA, Tennessee Titans

Bennett might not be considered a special wide receiver in NFL circles, but the UCLA product has great size and good hands as a second receiving option. An uncanny connection with quarterback Billy Volek in 2004 helped Bennett to 1,247 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns. With Vince Young being named the starter, production was up and down for Bennett, but he managed to reach triple-digit receiving yards in three different games, and totaled 737 yards with three scores. The Titans are closer to competing than previously though, it appears, but Bennett may look for work in a system focused more on the pass and with a chance to seriously compete sooner. Several teams could use Bennett to compliment a smaller and faster receiver, and if used properly, Bennett can put up strong numbers once again.

discuss....

he would be a great pick up and we can put carter out on the curb with the garbage and use moss as our speedster.

he would be a great pick up and we can put carter out on the curb with the garbage and use moss as our speedster.

moss has shown nothing so far. also, probably the worst KO returner since jason sehorn. no moves whatsoever.

he still draft eligible. kinda draft him like drew Henson. if we draft him how long do we have with him. he still can switch back and ply football.

We can only keep him for one year. And seeing that we are in no way, sharpe or form going to get the kinda of money he got from the cubs from us. Yeah, he's not putting on a football uniform anytime soon.

moss has shown nothing so far. also, probably the worst KO returner since jason sehorn. no moves whatsoever.

You didn't see his first k/o return after Morton got hurt? and ahhhh yeah Morton had all the "Moves" <_>

Moss was filling in he didn't have time to prepare for this position I leave the non-prep fault on the coaches but give him time he should be ok.

When Toomer went down it exposed one GLARING weakness in our receiving corp, a total lack of possession receivers outside of Toomer. We need Bennett or at least a player like him.

I agree with this, we missed amani greatly. Our offense was pretty predictable. :brooding:

You didn't see his first k/o return after Morton got hurt? and ahhhh yeah Morton had all the "Moves" <_<

Moss was filling in he didn't have time to prepare for this position I leave the non-prep fault on the coaches but give him time he should be ok.

granted, the book is still out on him, i just didn't see much when he was out there. on KR's he pretty much ran straight into the waiting arms of the defense.

Moss is nothing as a KR. I don't know why we put him back there. If we wanted to get the ball to him so badly, we should've just put him in more offensive plays. The coaches should've realized that he was not a good fit returning kicks. Maybe RW would've worked better.

You didn't see his first k/o return after Morton got hurt? and ahhhh yeah Morton had all the "Moves" <_<

Also the blocking for PR/KR sucked a fat floppy one all season long. Not one return for a TD.

He would be a decent fit. But he is too good to be a No 3. If we do take him, Toomer will have to be displaced if he doesnt retire. Neither Toomer or Bennett would agree to No 3.

Does Bennett have enough of an ego to be disgruntled at #3?

I guess if he didn't want to be #3, he wouldn't sign here.

Does Bennett have enough of an ego to be disgruntled at #3?

I guess if he didn't want to be #3, he wouldn't sign here.

No, but I guess a couple of teams, Baltimore and Kansas City being a couple of them, would gladly have him as their No 1 WR. In anycase, if we do pick him up, he'd certainly be an upgrade over Toomer. I love Amani, but face it, he has lost a step. Bennett is workhorse and if we do pick him up, he would be an ideal complement to Plax and Sinorice (if this bum ever does actually show up) and considering his work ethics, he might be able to supplant Plax (maybe)