SportsWrath

Michael Bush

Virginia Giant

Michael Bush from Louisville is entering the draft. Now he is someione we might get in the second round, remember he was a Heisman hopefull before he broke his leg.

I know noone wants to draft injured players, but he might be worth the risk. I'm really not ready to enter the season with Jacobs as really the only RB we have.

Calvin Johnson from GT is a pipe dream for the Giants. Michael Bush could very well be available given the fact that he didn't play this year. Had he played, he'd be in the top half of the first round. I don't think he'll drop down to 20-whatever in the 2nd round. We could very easily trade up in the 2nd to get him. I don't like the idea of trading down in the first.

I want to be set at the RB position come draft time. I like some of the prospects, but I really like Michael Turner. The Giants certainly should show interest in him this off-season. He is an RFA, and I doubt the Chargers will overpay him even a little with LDT there. If we match, we can trade a 5th rounder for him.

I want to be set at the RB position come draft time. I like some of the prospects, but I really like Michael Turner. The Giants certainly should show interest in him this off-season. He is an RFA, and I doubt the Chargers will overpay him even a little with LDT there. If we match, we can trade a 5th rounder for him.

we gave the chargers too much last time we delt with them . Some people are saying we may take Ahman Green

we gave the chargers too much last time we delt with them . Some people are saying we may take Ahman Green

Yeah I heard that too. I don't like Ahman, he's fallen off the last few years.

But with Turner, I don't think the Bolts can ask for more then a 5th rounder if we match them because that's where they drafted him. I'm not really that sure, I'm not too familiar with RFA. But I doubt the Bolts will be that desperate to bring him back with LDT and with some talent in Darren Sproles.

But with Turner, I don't think the Bolts can ask for more then a 5th rounder if we match them because that's where they drafted him. I'm not really that sure, I'm not too familiar with RFA. But I doubt the Bolts will be that desperate to bring him back with LDT and with some talent in Darren Sproles.

What I read today in the SL was that they were going to put a first-rounder on him. The Jets are interested in him as well...then again the entire NFL would love to get Turner.

What I read today in the SL was that they were going to put a first-rounder on him. The Jets are interested in him as well...then again the entire NFL would love to get Turner.

1st round pick? I have the star ledger in front of me and it says nothing of that sort.

1st round pick? I have the star ledger in front of me and it says nothing of that sort.

Let me direct you to page 59, in the sports section. There is an article entitled "Replacing Martin is top priority". Scan down the article to the 4th paragraph, specifically the last sentance.

I'll quote it for those who do not have the SL.

But the fourth-year pro (Turner) is a restricted free agent and early word out of San Diego is that the Chargers are expected to put a first-round tender offer on him.

Let me direct you to page 59, in the sports section. There is an article entitled "Replacing Martin is top priority". Scan down the article to the 4th paragraph, specifically the last sentance.

I'll quote it for those who do not have the SL.

Oh. I looked in the section with Jacobs retiring and Turner being among one of the choices.

Oh. I looked in the section with Jacobs retiring and Turner being among one of the choices.

Yeah they mentioned it twice. I read the paper while eating breakfast and the Giants section never holds me over so I read about the Jets too.

No no no no no more injured players. Bull-fucking-shit. We cannot deal with more guys with health questions. If we have to sacrifice some talent for health THEN SO BE IT!

Drafting a talented back with health questions isn't so bad because it's not as if he'll be getting 300 carries with Jacobs in town. He can gain stamina and help us win ball games as the years go by if we do draft him.

Drafting a talented back with health questions isn't so bad because it's not as if he'll be getting 300 carries with Jacobs in town. He can gain stamina and help us win ball games as the years go by if we do draft him.

With our luck, both of his knees will explode on his first carry. :P

I would also like to pick up Calvin Johnson WR GT Yellowjackets :clap:

"His play today was typical. That's what we've come to expect from Calvin," Tech coach Chan Gailey said.

Johnson won the Biletnikoff Award this year as the nation's top receiver and was named the Atlantic Coast Conference player of the year. Before Monday's game, he had 1,016 yards receiving and 13 touchdowns, fourth-best in the country.

For his size, Johnson is also extremely athletic. He runs a 4.4 40-yard dash and has a 45-inch vertical leap. The combination makes him difficult to defend, even with a scheme keyed to stop him.

"What can you say about Calvin Johnson? We knew coming in he was going to be dangerous, but he just ran over top of us," West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez said.

Ahman actually isn't a bad back to pick up for a 1 maybe 2 year deal if we cant land Turner.

Year Team G GS Att Yds Avg Lg TD 20+ 1st

2002 Green Bay Packers 14 14 286 1240 4.3 43 7 7 54

2003 Green Bay Packers 16 16 355 1883 5.3 98 15 15 96

2004 Green Bay Packers 15 15 259 1163 4.5 90 7 6 55

2005 Green Bay Packers 5 5 77 255 3.3 13 0 0 11

2006 Green Bay Packers 14 14 266 1059 4.0 70 5 3 55