SportsWrath

Anyone who thinks this series is over

GorillaNJ

Was obviously not alive in 1986... I was a young wippersnapper of 8 and that series burnt into my brain that it is never over.

The Mets came back to Shea needing two wins against the RedSox. Everyone thought the sox were going to win it... everyone except for me :TU:

I clearly rember being up late watching Game 6 and my mother telling me I should go to bed because it was over... and I refused and we all know what happened next

260px-Billbuckner.jpg

To this day anytime I am watching any game and I want to change the channel my mother always says... Dont touch that dial, dont you rember the 1986 Mets?

So who are you fans of little faith to throw away your Miracle Mets, do we have the starting pitching? No... Do we have the offensive Firepower to make that not matter YES! Do we have the best Bullpen in all of baseball? YES Do we have the teamwork to make the Dream Work? HELL YES LETS GO METS!!!!!!

Was obviously not alive in 1986... I was a young wippersnapper of 8 and that series burnt into my brain that it is never over.

The Mets came back to Shea needing two wins against the RedSox. Everyone thought the sox were going to win it... everyone except for me :TU:

I clearly rember being up late watching Game 6 and my mother telling me I should go to bed because it was over... and I refused and we all know what happened next

260px-Billbuckner.jpg

To this day anytime I am watching any game and I want to change the channel my mother always says... Dont touch that dial, dont you rember the 1986 Mets?

So who are you fans of little faith to throw away your Miracle Mets, do we have the starting pitching? No... Do we have the offensive Firepower to make that not matter YES! Do we have the best Bullpen in all of baseball? YES Do we have the teamwork to make the Dream Work? HELL YES LETS GO METS!!!!!!

:clap: Thats what I'm talkin about man. I was 9 durring that series and I remember watching with my dad. I've been reading all these comment about the series being over and what not, in fuckin game 2 of this series! I've never seen fans of a team give up so easy.

We've watched this team all year just waiting for this post season action, which has been pretty damn good so far. The drama of October baseball. I understand people need to tear themselves down so they aren't so dissappointed if we lose, but damn. This is the stuff we waited for since March kids, so buck up and root the team on.

LETS GO METS!! :rock:

:clap: Thats what I'm talkin about man. I was 9 durring that series and I remember watching with my dad. I've been reading all these comment about the series being over and what not, in in game 2 of this series! I've never seen fans of a team give up so easy.

We've watched this team all year just waiting for this post season action, which has been pretty damn good so far. The drama of October baseball. I understand people need to tear themselves down so they aren't so dissappointed if we lose, but damn. This is the stuff we waited for since March kids, so buck up and root the team on.

LETS GO METS!! :rock:

exactly..the series is far from over. especially conming back home. i really wanted to take that game though, so we wouldn't be in a must win situation facing carpenter but whatever, we gotta do it. the bats have been really dissapointing this series besides the 12-5 rout. i don't even put any of this on the pitching staff. overall they have kept us in the game for the most part. if our bats are ice cold like this and we can't score, then we don't deserve to win. hopefully they'll wake the fl_lck up. i never thought this year was our year, i thought it was going to be next. but they surprised me, and if we lost in the world series i could deal with that, but not to this sh!tty cardinals team. yes the team that won 84 games or whatever it was. we are better than them. maybe the mets have a few surprises left in the tank. i sure fl_lcking hope so.

I was only 2 then so I don't remember the experience, but I get what ur saying. It looks bad... but that doesn't mean that it is bad. Come on Mets! I don't want to watch those retards celebrating on our field!

In 1986 game 6 vs the Sox we had a guy by the name of Dwight Gooden on the mound. In game 7 against the Sox we had a guy by the name of Ron Darling on the mound and if he shit the bed(which he did) he was backed up by a guy named Sid Fernandez. The staff was also backed up in case of a poor start by a guy named Rick Aguilera. In this series, if it were 20 years later Sid Fernandez and Rick Aguilera(2 guys who did not make the post season starting rotation)would be our #1 and #2 starters on this team. That tells you all you need to know about the difference in situations.

In 1986 game 6 vs the Sox we had a guy by the name of Dwight Gooden on the mound. In game 7 against the Sox we had a guy by the name of Ron Darling on the mound and if he shit the bed(which he did) he was backed up by a guy named Sid Fernandez. The staff was also backed up in case of a poor start by a guy named Rick Aguilera. In this series, if it were 20 years later Sid Fernandez and Rick Aguilera(2 guys who did not make the post season starting rotation)would be our #1 and #2 starters on this team. That tells you all you need to know about the difference in situations.

The starting pitching while it seems to be out weekness has not be responcible for a single loss in this series. Wagner blew one, but it has been the cold bats. I think Shea will be rocking tonight and the bats will come alive, this time tomorrow Ill be in my seat in the upper deck of Shea waiting for that Ugly Apple to show it's face!

The starting pitching while it seems to be out weekness has not be responcible for a single loss in this series. Wagner blew one, but it has been the cold bats. I think Shea will be rocking tonight and the bats will come alive, this time tomorrow Ill be in my seat in the upper deck of Shea waiting for that Ugly Apple to show it's face!

Maine's inability to hold the leads we gave him, Trachsel's bullshit start...

Maine's inability to hold the leads we gave him, Trachsel's bullshit start...

our Losses this series

4-2

5-0

9-6 Loss in the 9th

All of those games were winnable, especially if you consider the Mets averaged just over 5 runs a game during the season.

If the bats wake up tonight :TU:

our Losses this series

4-2

5-0

9-6 Loss in the 9th

All of those games were winnable, especially if you consider the Mets averaged just over 5 runs a game during the season.

If the bats wake up tonight :TU:

quality start= 6 ip 3 runs, # of Mets quality starts this series= 1.

regularseason run averages are meaningless now, good pitching always beats good hitting and we have not had good starting pitching.