SportsWrath

It's time to face the facts

xxi-xxv

and that is the starting pitching. I think after the easy way we beat the Dodgers despite not getting good starting pitching we were a bit blinded to the facts. With no El Duque its very difficult for the Mets to compete, having starters not get past the 4th inning. I will not even include Pedro in this, but I have to think that in game 2 had El Duque been given a 3 run lead, we at least get 6-7 solid innings out of him. Tracshel is complete garbage and in all honesty a month ago many thought he would not even make the post season rotation(Pedro, Glavine, El Duque, Maine). Anyway the injuries caught up with them, still no exuse as Wagner should have done better in game 2.

Its not over man...You have to fight to the DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

oh they will, its just that the starting pitching is so depleted with injuries its gonna be hard. The Mets have had 2 quality starts this post season, they have both been by Glavine and amazingly they are still only down 2-1 and actually one a series with it. You do not win in the post season with non quality outings.

and that is the starting pitching. I think after the easy way we beat the Dodgers despite not getting good starting pitching we were a bit blinded to the facts. With no El Duque its very difficult for the Mets to compete, having starters not get past the 4th inning. I will not even include Pedro in this, but I have to think that in game 2 had El Duque been given a 3 run lead, we at least get 6-7 solid innings out of him. Tracshel is complete garbage and in all honesty a month ago many thought he would not even make the post season rotation(Pedro, Glavine, El Duque, Maine). Anyway the injuries caught up with them, still no exuse as Wagner should have done better in game 2.

If anything, Darren Oliver was huge tonight, giving the bullpen a night off. If Perez can give the Mets a decent start, they have a great shot at winning tomorrow's game. Then we have Glavine going the next night. I still like our chances in this series.

We need the Oliver Perez of 2004!

oh they will, its just that the starting pitching is so depleted with injuries its gonna be hard. The Mets have had 2 quality starts this post season, they have both been by Glavine and amazingly they are still only down 2-1 and actually one a series with it. You do not win in the post season with non quality outings.

True, but I have a funny feeling the Mets bats are going to take over. I think the Mets are going to Slug it out, watch.

The Mets lineup is not built around 2-1 games. There's a lot of firepower that was silenced tonite. Just like Glavine game 1, this was excellent pitching by the Cards.

and horrendous starting pitching by the Mets and as we all know in the post season, good pitching beats good hitting.

Trachsel = Trash... I've said it all year.. he almost ruined the fucken Dodgers game... when will everyone wake up an realize how bad that guy is... I think Darren Oliver should start, and Trachsel come in as the clean up role ONLY when we have a 10 run lead...that's how much I trust Trachsel, is even with a 10 run lead I'm still scared

As I am at ease with the fact that the Mets are not bringing this series home I can stop and reflect on the 6 seasons that I have had to watch Steve Tracshel in a Met uni and thank the heavens that this is the last I will ever have to see of him again.

Fuck you Steve. One side note, if he takes as long to fuck as he does to throw a pitch his wife must be the happiest chick alive! :TU:

As I am at ease with the fact that the Mets are not bringing this series home I can stop and reflect on the 6 seasons that I have had to watch Steve Tracshel in a Met uni and thank the heavens that this is the last I will ever have to see of him again.

Fuck you Steve. One side note, if he takes as long to fuck as he does to throw a pitch his wife must be the happiest chick alive! :TU:

lol...if we make it to the WS, I'd rather see Pelfrey or Bannister before I ever have to see Trash-el ever pitch again... where is blue jeans and mws? so I can remind them why I hate Trax

lol...if we make it to the WS, I'd rather see Pelfrey or Bannister before I ever have to see Trash-el ever pitch again... where is blue jeans and mws? so I can remind them why I hate Trax

I'm right here.

Trachsel isn't bad at all... does he deserve to be starting in the playoffs? Probably not, but who else do we have after El Duque and Pedro are gone? Mike Pelfrey? :LMAO: You can argue that maybe Dave Williams should be added to the roster in place of Anderson Hernandez but Trachsel has no other choice but to start his games at this point in time.

He's as good as you're going to get out of your 5th starter. Problem, he's not our fifth starter.