SportsWrath

Maybe Jerry Reese can play TE

BadEgg

Young up and coming HC. New respected DC. New day and era in Big D.

NoTE. No Steve Smith. No security blanket for Little Manning.

By the way, great article on Little Eli, in case you missed it.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6826921/eli-manning-lack-leadership-reason-plaxico-burress-re-sign-new-york-giants

And then there's Osi and the "defense."

Looks like two teams going in the opposite direction if you ask me. What am I missing here? :o

Reality...........your team has a long long long way to go to compete for the Lombardi

Check back mid season Badegg......its a little early to come here proclaiming the team that has not won anything since 1995.............yes have a few issues to iron out.......you have to get rid of an owner (thats tough)

Our team is peppered with All Pro or near All Pro talent..........bring it on buddy

Also if you guys are so high on Plaxico, you should have dialed his number.......we are not struggling at the passing game......there is a little guy named Cruz you never heard up who is going to light you up.

you have a QB who is dare I coin a new term "clutch-less", and injury prone

He needs to get Jessica back LOL

Opps sorry about that Badegg- Cruz is 6 ft 200 lbs and fast as lightning with hands of glue.....looks like he has the #3 spot nailed down at this point

Hi BadEgg.

As far as the receivers go, Hakeem Nicks had near 1100 yards and 11 TD's in 13 games last year. Manningham had near 1000 yards and 9 TD's last year, playing part of the year as the 3rd receiver. You have two guys at WR that had 2000 yards and 20 TD's by themselves. That's pretty strong.

If your concern is the third receiver, I believe that a player out of the group of Devin Thomas, Victor Cruz, or Michael Clayton, Duke Calhoun, Ramses Barden, or Jerrel Jernigan will emerge and take that job and run with it. If none of those guys steps up, Domenik Hixon is the third receiver, and he's a guy who used to start, has a lot of experience, and is comfortable with Eli and the offense.

Also, Steve Smith is likely to return to the Giants. He probably won't contribute much early in the season if at all. But even if he doesn't, with the guys I mentioned I don't see receiver as a big concern.

As to your point about the TE, it is a valid point. We'll have to see what happens going forward. The Giants do have a lot of good players, though, deep at many positions. IF a team gets desperate for a QB, look for the Giants to trade Sage Rosenfels. Sage, due to his $3 million salary, has little chance to win the backup QB job over David Carr, who's already familiar with the job and the playbook and has performed well when called upon. A lot of people speculated a Osi to the Seahawks for Carlson and a pick earlier in the preseason. I think if Tarvaris Jackson is not performing well early, then we could see a Rosenfels for Carlson deal... as the Seahawks signed Zach Miller. I for one am not convinced that our week 1 starting TE is already on our roster. But it is a valid point you make right now.

BTW, Stephen A. is a clown, does anybody care about his opinion? He only has notoriety on ESPN because he talks loud.

I'm not sure what your point is about Osi and the defense. Even if you removed Osi from the team... I would fear this defense moreso than the Eagles.

Point #1 - Giants are entering the second season with DC Perry Fewell and his system (he's also a well-respected DC)

Point #2 - Reports are now that Kenny Phillips has fully recovered from the knee injury that cost him all of 2009 and that tempered his playmaking ability last year. This year, Fewell says he will be "unleashed".

Point #3 - Pierre-Paul is entering his second season and already showed flashes of being an unstoppable force last year. 5.5 sacks in limited action for a rook.

Point #4 - Kiwanuka is healthy and back.

This defense looks better than any in the East, maybe in the NFL. The front four look better than ever, and that's without Osi.

If Osi comes back and plays (which most think he will), that's just gravy.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6826921/eli-manning-lack-leadership-reason-plaxico-burress-re-sign-new-york-giants

Looks like two teams going in the opposite direction if you ask me. What am I missing here? :o

Dude, I love seeing you here... I love having fans of other teams participate.. but I also love reason. Trash talk doesn't fly. The Giants have issues.. what team does not?

No TE? Really.. who did we have before? was he a top 10 TE? I ceretainly don't think so.. the Giants seldom use the TE anyway.. and we have a guy named Bear who actually impressed a few of us more than Boss did. Don't take me wrong.. I loved Boss because he was a team player and played with heart.. but the sky is not falling.

Steve Smith is injured.. he will rejoin us and the WR position is the least of our worries. Eli has already earned his stripes... the quiet classy QB we have is better than any choker your team can ever field.

The article you posted is from a loud mouth who sees skin color.. sadly. That has been my impression of that dude for years now. So Manning might've not wanted Plax back... evidently he knows a lot more about Plax and his work ethic than we all do... many of us were rooting for Plax but hey.. Manning has his say and what he says goes.

Maybe you should take a page from the Giants' playbook on how to handle rogue players. Osi may very well be back with the team after his childish antics.. and if he isn't.. we have enough DE's to smother your O all day long.

I'm going to give BadEgg some credit. He likes to talk trash, sure, and he did renege on his promise to never come back here, sure. But he's a good fan, albeit a Cowboys' fan. He'll at least show you his colors.

Here's my take on Dallas, BadEgg... I think Dallas is a legit threat, unlike our renowned Jack.

Terrell Thomas is a very good NFL corner and Dez Bryant made him look like CC Brown last year. Dez Bryant is looking at having an expanded role in the 'Boys offense with Roy Williams now gone. The duo of Austin and Bryant is very formidable. Question to BadEgg, though, who is going to be the third receiver? Lots of unfamiliar names there on the roster. Will it be Ogletree?

I think the Cowboys definitely upgraded the O-line with the drafting of Tyron Smith. Free also proved himself at LT last year. I think the interior of the line is still somewhat of a question mark. Kosier did well last year, Gurode is a good C from what I recall. Montrae Holland the other guard? Not sure about depth there.

Cowboys still have the best TE in the East, and a very good backup in Bennett. Romo is going to be back. Felix Jones did well last year. And another draft pick by the 'Boys that I was really pissed about was RB DeMarco Murray from Oklahoma. That guy is going to be a star. He's yet another homerun threat that needs to be accounted for.

The defense is where I think the Cowboys will have a problem. The D-line looks pretty good with the addition of Coleman from Cleveland. Olshansky is a good run-stopping DE. I thought Ratliff had a down year last year. The linebackers still look good. I have questions about Anthony Spencer but Ware and James are still a formidable tandem.

I think the main weakness is in the secondary. They really didn't do anything to upgrade that area of the team, and you can ask the 2009 version of the Giants how far you can go with a leaky secondary. Newman is still a quality starter, and Jenkins regressed last year. That duo is not good enough in the east when they are going to have to face the tandem of DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin twice, Hakeem Nicks and Manningham twice, as well as Santonio Holmes and Plaxico week 1, and a lot of other dangerous receivers over the course of the season, I just don't think they have good enough corners or depth behind them to win against the level of talent they will be facing. And the safeties, they look even weaker to me.

That secondary on the Cowboys just looks like it's going to be a problem for them, and that's a bad problem to have.

I also don't think there is quality depth on the Cowboys at very many positions other than TE, RB, QB, and maybe linebacker, whereas the Giants have quality depth at nearly every position (except for TE). If the 'Boys start taking on injuries at some of those other position groups, they could be looking at a similar season to last year. But as long as the Cowboys are healthy, I don't look forward to playing them.

The cowboys have a nice looking team more or less, but you have to worry about new coaching systems this year with the lockout. The Giants have concerns, TE, Smith, depth at CB with the two injuries, but the core group has been together a while, and has won together.

Anytime you change coaching, and even though Garrett was promoted, it's still a coaching change,m plus a new defensive system, you're going to have issues because of unfamiliarity.

I stand by my prediction of the Cowboys at 8-8 Tops...........sorry Badegg.......the NFL is littered with teams that made a mid-season coaching change and went on to win 7-8 meaningless games..........rarely does that carry over to the following year

almost never..........its like a teaser

A Superbowl in the last 15 years and good trash talk. :rolleyes:

That's usually who trash talks though.. fans of winning teams don't have to.

I cannot understand why anyone likes this douchebag. LOL...why am I not surprised hes showin up BEFORE the season starts and PREDICTING good things for his team? <_< Typical cowshit fan.

I cannot understand why anyone likes this douchebag. LOL...why am I not surprised hes showin up BEFORE the season starts and PREDICTING good things for his team? <_< Typical cowshit fan.

He's a cool kid. And he brings entertainment.. by way of trash talk.