SportsWrath

Rewatched the game from week 2 on NFL replay

xxi-xxv

the QB desperately misses Amani Toomer. It's been evident that ELI misses Amani, but to see it 3 and a half months ago and the difference in ELI's game is amazing. There were plays were Amani actually ran back towards the ball to help his QB out under pressure and his route running was precise and on cue with his QB. There was one play in particular where ELI was pressured out of the pocket and rolled right, Amani was doubled by Dawkins and Sheppard and its almost as though they were able to read each others minds(could this be because Toomer works out in NJ and not Miami in the offseason?) and he came back towards ELI who released the ball and put it where only Toomer coming back for the ball could get it. Kind of like what shoud have been done in that Titans game on that awful INT late that Jones had.

He looked like a different QB that game, he was pummeled to death yet kept getting up and making good throws. I have not taken for granted how huge a loss Amani was, but seeing it yet again really reinforced the matter.

That's why I've said it numerous times on this board....it seems like this current batch of recievers DO NOT practice with Eli ever! Particularly Burress and Big Drop Shock.

Case in point: If you are the #1 TE and 'supposedly' practice with an Eli...how is it that a guy like Shockey gets his fingers jammed, broken or cut from an Eli warm up pass? :confused:

That's why I've said it numerous times on this board....it seems like this current batch of recievers DO NOT practice with Eli ever! Particularly Burress and Big Drop Shock.

Case in point: If you are the #1 TE and 'supposedly' practice with an Eli...how is it that a guy like Shockey gets his fingers jammed, broken or cut from an Eli warm up pass? :confused:

yep their own regime is now working in the offseason. They have to be hear next season. Tom should have laid down the law. If there is a regime change here for next season they better be here.

the QB desperately misses Amani Toomer. It's been evident that ELI misses Amani, but to see it 3 and a half months ago and the difference in ELI's game is amazing. There were plays were Amani actually ran back towards the ball to help his QB out under pressure and his route running was precise and on cue with his QB. There was one play in particular where ELI was pressured out of the pocket and rolled right, Amani was doubled by Dawkins and Sheppard and its almost as though they were able to read each others minds(could this be because Toomer works out in NJ and not Miami in the offseason?) and he came back towards ELI who released the ball and put it where only Toomer coming back for the ball could get it. Kind of like what shoud have been done in that Titans game on that awful INT late that Jones had.

He looked like a different QB that game, he was pummeled to death yet kept getting up and making good throws. I have not taken for granted how huge a loss Amani was, but seeing it yet again really reinforced the matter.

There was this one pass this season (forgot which game it was) where Amani was doubled near the sideline and Eli put it up high where only Toomer could go get it. It was an amazing play by both QB and WR that we just don't see with Eli and the other receivers.

Laxico makes some great catches too, but the timing between he and Eli is just not right. No chemistry whatsoever between Eli and any of the Giants current receivers. The difference between Toomer and Shockey/Burress is simple. Amani is and acts like a PROFESSIONAL. Could you imagine Toomer dropping that pass on 4th and 2 against the Saints? Me either...

People were saying Toomer wasn't a big part of the offense and wouldn't be missed that much, but I knew he would be sorely missed by Eli. His only dependable option is missing. I hope Giant fans now truly appreciate what Toomer brings to the table.

There was this one pass this season (forgot which game it was) where Amani was doubled near the sideline and Eli put it up high where only Toomer could go get it. It was an amazing play by both QB and WR that we just don't see with Eli and the other receivers.

Might have been against the Falcons.

I think you're exactly right, Eli and Amani actually have *gasp* chemistry. When Eli and Amani are on, not only is Amani one of the clutchest WRs in the league, Eli is one of the best quarterbacks.

I tried to explain this entire situation to an Eagles fan, but he claims that Mcnabb is still spot on even though he doesnt train with his WRs so it was a lost cause. He also claims that Burress is top 3 in the league at WR and that Manning is the problem not his supporting cast. I tried to tell him that while Manning has been far from perfect this season, if he had receivers that didn't give up mid route and actually played for their team as opposed to for themselves, he might be doing a lot better.

xxi-xxv, Amani works out in Las Vegas. That Miami workout thing doesn't hold any weight.

But it is amazing the difference with Eli since Amani went down. Amani's last catch of the year was a third down conversion against Houston, an amazing catch falling backwards to help seal the game with about 3 minutes to go. Typical Amani.

Laxico makes some great catches too, but the timing between he and Eli is just not right. No chemistry whatsoever between Eli and any of the Giants current receivers. The difference between Toomer and Shockey/Burress is simple. Amani is and acts like a PROFESSIONAL. Could you imagine Toomer dropping that pass on 4th and 2 against the Saints? Me either...

People were saying Toomer wasn't a big part of the offense and wouldn't be missed that much, but I knew he would be sorely missed by Eli. His only dependable option is missing. I hope Giant fans now truly appreciate what Toomer brings to the table.

Redskins game. It was third and long, and he caught it at the Skins 11 or something. I don't know how he came down with it. He didn't have both feet down, and was forced out.

Redskins game. It was third and long, and he caught it at the Skins 11 or something. I don't know how he came down with it. He didn't have both feet down, and was forced out.

Yeah the pass I remember was deep in the opponent's territory, so you might be right.

Amani has great footwork as well as hands. Damn I miss that guy.

You know what? Oh Well! Eli need to get over it. His got find that same connection with somebody, and he needs to make it with in 3 days. I'm sorry, they are professional football players! Eli should have found a connection with another reciever by now.

You know what? Oh Well! Eli need to get over it. His got find that same connection with somebody, and he needs to make it with in 3 days. I'm sorry, they are professional football players! Eli should have found a connection with another reciever by now.

amen, brother. enough with the excuses. eagles lost mcnabb and the freak and kept right on truckin'

I might be wrong on thins...But didn't Toomer worked out in Arizona or something like that?

Vegas. Yet people never talk about him going there. I'm sure he did his share of partying like Shockey and Plax did.

I am almost positive that Amani Toomer comes to NY for the OTA's. He may live in Vegas(or Zona or wherever, probably more likely California as that is where he is from). I am sure when the team had their OTA's he was here, in fact I remember ELI commenting on how he and AMani have developed a great chemistry through working and knowing each other.

Amen times 2! I'm so sick entired people making excuses for him. Grow the fuck up.

dude, you're wrong, he has no supporting cast anymore.

Was anyone complaining about him when we started 6-2.

You guys are just plaing wrong. Eli is suffering because half his line is gone and he has two loud mouths that cant make plays when it counts.

You guys are just plaing wrong. Eli is suffering because half his line is gone and he has two loud mouths that cant make plays when it counts.

:confused:

Half the line is gone? I thought we only lost Luke?

Here to the classiest, hardest working, quietest, most underappreciated Giant EVER. :cheers:

I love you, Amani. :rock:

xxi-xxv, Amani works out in Las Vegas. That Miami workout thing doesn't hold any weight.

But it is amazing the difference with Eli since Amani went down. Amani's last catch of the year was a third down conversion against Houston, an amazing catch falling backwards to help seal the game with about 3 minutes to go. Typical Amani.

From what I know of Toomer (I still remember that 15 minute conversation he had with me after practice.. when all the players ran to the locker room in that 90+ degree whether). I noticed he'd slimmed down. The guy is a true professional and unlike Mr Pectorial tears, he practices Yoga which explains how solid and injury free he's been. The knee injury is due to overuse (I know it all too well myself).

I am almost positive that Amani Toomer comes to NY for the OTA's. He may live in Vegas(or Zona or wherever, probably more likely California as that is where he is from). I am sure when the team had their OTA's he was here, in fact I remember ELI commenting on how he and AMani have developed a great chemistry through working and knowing each other.

Maybe he doesn't stay in Vegas as long as Plax and Shockey do, and Amani comes back for a month to work with Eli. In training camp this year he was in amazing shape and Amani said he had a new workout regime in Vegas.

It works both ways. No one is helping Eli out and Eli is too erratic when someone gets open.

One common theme I notice when I watch young QBs such as Rivers and Romo is that his guys get open. Like with Rivers GW TD pass to Jackson, he was wide open. Have Giants WRs ever been wide open before? I remember Toomer getting open a lot and Shockey sometimes, but with this current support cast no one gets open.

Plax makes sensational catches, yeah, but he rarely breaks away from defenders on his routes. We need a guy who can do that.

Maybe he doesn't stay in Vegas as long as Plax and Shockey do, and Amani comes back for a month to work with Eli. In training camp this year he was in amazing shape and Amani said he had a new workout regime in Vegas.

The guy has been in amazing shape since I saw him in 2002 (when I was at the Training camp hoping to kick for the team). I noticed how slim he was compared to prior years and asked him about it. He even incorporates yoga into his routine... something Strahan & Emmons can use to avoid their pectorial injuries.. among most injuries.