SportsWrath

Rewatched the game from week 2 on NFL replay

xxi-xxv

The guy has been in amazing shape since I saw him in 2002 (when I was at the Training camp hoping to kick for the team). I noticed how slim he was compared to prior years and asked him about it. He even incorporates yoga into his routine... something Strahan & Emmons can use to avoid their pectorial injuries.. among most injuries.

Strahan lost a lot of weight coming into camp this year.

Strahan lost a lot of weight coming into camp this year.

I realize that but he still need to incorporate Yoga into his workout routine. His pectorial muscle tear (not sure if it's last year or the year before) and even his current foot injury could've been prevented if he was more flexible.

I realize that but he still need to incorporate Yoga into his workout routine. His pectorial muscle tear (not sure if it's last year or the year before) and even his current foot injury could've been prevented if he was more flexible.

Nah, his foot was really stuck into the ground. I think anyone could've gotten hurt there.

You will be surprised what flexibility does for you. Trust me I know first hand.

If it were that easy that taking yoga would ensure health in accidents like Strahan had, then everyone would do it.

It's just not that simple.

If it were that easy that taking yoga would ensure health in accidents like Strahan had, then everyone would do it.

It's just not that simple.

I didn't say Yoga is a cure-all. However, you will be surprised what stretching can do for you in terms of avoiding injury. Heard of the "bend but not break" phrase? That's exactly where yoga comes to play. I'm by no means flexible.. I thought yoga was for old people... and laughed at guys who did it.. Now I know better. That's why one of my 2007 resolutions is to modify my workout to incorporate more caridio, yoga, and less heavy weights.

The pectoral tear happened in 2004. Other than that and his current injury, Strahan has been pretty much injury-free throughout his career. He must be doing something right. He's getting old...