SportsWrath

What should the team look like next year?

hey

Here is the line up i would like to see, including the free agents i would like the yankees to pursue:

LF-Melky

CF-Gary Matthew's Jr.

RF:Bobby Abreu

1B-Matsui

2B-Cano

3B-Eric Duncan

ss-Jeter

C- posada

DH-Giambi

pitching:

1. Wang

2. Barry Zito

3. Mussina

4. Cory Lidle

5. Philip hughes

Losses:

Sheffield

A-Rod

Randy johnson

Damon

Addition

Gary Matthew's(FA)

Barry Zito(FA)

Hughes and duncan get called up.

Obviously, there is not a chance in hell this would happen, but i think that would be a very good team and would definitly have some chemistry.

how exactly do you plan on getting rid of arod and damon with getting absolutely nothing in return? you also plan on bringing up hughes with no aaa experience, and duncan who was so bad at aaa that we demoted him, yet he can handle 3b in the majors, even after being moved to first?

how exactly do you plan on getting rid of arod and damon with getting absolutely nothing in return? you also plan on bringing up hughes with no aaa experience, and duncan who was so bad at aaa that we demoted him, yet he can handle 3b in the majors, even after being moved to first?

haha idc. maybe trade a-rod for eric chavez or something like that and a sign and trade with sheffield for matthews.

and maybe it would work, you dont know. i know its not going to happen at all, but i like that team very much, it has a good combo of players, jsut not all superstar names like now. Does anyone think Soriano could play 3rd for us? lol he's my favorite player, im still mad we got rid of him for a-rod. The guy may have been a bad fielder, but at least he was clutch and made big plays in big situations for us in his short time here.

Here's what the team SHOULD, not will, look like from my perspective (I'll try to make everything possible)

1B- Not even George knows yet.

2B- Robby Cano

SS- Derek Jeter

3B- Arimas Ramirez?

LF- Melky Cabrera

CF- Johnny Damon

RF- Bobby Abreu

DH- Hideki Matsui

C- Posada

P- Wang, Johnson, Petitte? Mulder?, blah, blah.

Here's what the team SHOULD, not will, look like from my perspective (I'll try to make everything possible)

1B- Not even George knows yet.

2B- Robby Cano

SS- Derek Jeter

3B- Arimas Ramirez?

LF- Melky Cabrera

CF- Johnny Damon

RF- Bobby Abreu

DH- Hideki Matsui

C- Posada

P- Wang, Johnson, Petitte? Mulder?, blah, blah.

o yea i forgot about ramirez. i like him a lot.

but why the fuck would you want johnson over mussina. johnson has been garbage over the past two years. And we never should have let pettite get away.

o yea i forgot about ramirez. i like him a lot.

but why the fuck would you want johnson over mussina. johnson has been garbage over the past two years. And we never should have let pettite get away.

Obviously you don't want Johnson over the Moose, but the Moose is a FA and Johnson still has a year left and won't be quitting.

1B Matsui ;)

2B Cano

SS Jeter

3B A-Rod (thats right, he aint going nowhere)

LF Melky

CF Damon

LF Abreu

C Posada

DH Giambi

Pitchers

Zito, Wang, Matsuzaka, Johnson, Wright

Wright, no trade that shit. Jason Schmidt? I am not sure Hughes is ready yet. Atleast I will get to see him a few times next yera.

Damon is such a great leadoff hitter, he can steal bases and he's a good lockeroom presence. But, Jesus Christ I wish we could get an arm in Centerfield. It's not worth getting rid of Damon for that, but shit, I wish he had at least a average arm.

You don't remember, but we tried Sori at 3rd, and that was a complete fiasco. I doubt if A-Rod goes anyway. More likely, it'll be Torre.

I like your idea about Hughes, but that probably won't happen till about late June, after he spends a couple of months in Scranton. Also pencil in Karstens and Rasner.

Really, i never knew we put sori at 3rd. I know he came up as a SS and moved to 2nd and was supposed to be our future CF.

I think a-rod will be traded at the deadline next year and i liked what i saw from karstens.

1B - Albert Pujols

2B - Alfonso Soriano

SS - Jeter

3B - David Wright

C - Ivan Rodriguez

LF - Barry Bonds

CF - Vernon Wells

RF - Vladamir Guerro

SP- Dontrelle Willis

SP - Johan Santana

SP - Curt Shcilling

SP - Gregg Madux

SP - Kenny Rogers

RP - Roy Oswalt

RP - Brandon Webb

RP - Barry Zito

RP - Mike Mussina

CP - Mariano Rivera

Managing will also be a team effort. Managing Team will be Joe Torre, Lou Pinellia and Joe Girardi

haha idc. maybe trade a-rod for eric chavez or something like that and a sign and trade with sheffield for matthews.

and maybe it would work, you dont know. i know its not going to happen at all, but i like that team very much, it has a good combo of players, jsut not all superstar names like now. Does anyone think Soriano could play 3rd for us? lol he's my favorite player, im still mad we got rid of him for a-rod. The guy may have been a bad fielder, but at least he was clutch and made big plays in big situations for us in his short time here.

You don't remember, but we tried Sori at 3rd, and that was a complete fiasco. I doubt if A-Rod goes anyway. More likely, it'll be Torre.

I like your idea about Hughes, but that probably won't happen till about late June, after he spends a couple of months in Scranton. Also pencil in Karstens and Rasner.