SportsWrath

Giants Coaches, Owners Both Suck

nosebleedjints

Once again another Giants player has stated the truth, we get outcoached.

It is appauling that a team in the New York market is so cheap with their coaching staff.

Why is it when we looked for a head coach we hired a retread nobody wanted, instead of an OC everybody wanted?

Why is it we hired a DC nobody wanted, and got outbid by the Redskins for Greg Williams?

Why is it we have Hufnagal as our OC instead of Norv Turner?

Why is it John Fox was replaced by John Lynn and then Tim Lewis.

This to me is not about the Giants players, it is about ownership and their lack of commitment to winning.

I am so glad Wellington Mara is no longer inc harge, he was a horrible owner in terms of winning.

He ran this franchise into the ground so pooryly the NFl stepped in and gave him Parcells.

He then followed that by hiring Handly, Reeves, Fassel, and Coughlin.

The Giants ownership tried to copy the Steelers believing stability at coaching is the key to sucess.

Yes, it is when you have Bill Cowher as your head coach and you fix your coordinators.

The Giants owners treated HCs like tenured professors, refusing to fire Fassel stuburnly until his gross incompentence became too much too deny.

Now the Giants, with more talent than they had with John Fox as their DC have their worst defense is how long, and the coaching staff is not to blame?

Maybe since Wellington is gone we actually will have a compotent owner who will not stubbornly and ignorantly look at the wons lost and decide to keep a coach until we got 5-11 or 4-12, maybe he will see how a defense has been awful and how we are the dumbest team in the league with penalties, and see a change is needed now before we sabatoge Tiki and Strahan's title oppurtunities.

You can bet if Wellington was around since we won the division last season Coughlin would have had another threee years, I pray the new Giants owners aren't so cheap and dumb, and they realize DESPITE a winning season it was in SPITE not BECAUSE of coaching.

Can we please stop cutting corners with the likes of Hanly, Fassel, Coughlin, Lynn, Hufnagel, and Lewis, and recruit good coaches?

Say what you want about Snyder, but at least he gets good coaches like Williams and Saunders, say what you want about Jerry Jones, but he paid for Parcells, say what you want about the Eagles, but they find good coaches like Reid and Johnson.

The Giants neither spend nor find good coaches.

They do not understand the need for a coach going back to the Ally Sherman days.

Again, this rests with ownership as they were the ones who let both Lomabrdi and Laundry go.

Let us pay that new ownership is not so retarded.

am so glad Wellington Mara is no longer inc harge, he was a horrible owner in terms of winning.

He ran this franchise into the ground so pooryly the NFl stepped in and gave him Parcells.

Uh, no. The fued between Wellington and his uncle (I think) got so bad Pete Rozell stepped in

and made George Young General Manager he then hired Ray Perkins.

You do know after Parcells first year in which he went 3-12-1 he was extremely close to being

fired and being replaced by University of Miami's Burt Schelbacher or what ever his name is.

Again, this rests with ownership as they were the ones who let both Lomabrdi and Laundry go.

You can't be this much of a dolt.

The Giants were so bad it was destroying the league which is why the league gave them Parcells, and Mara displaying how retarded was actually tired to fire him after one season, yet have gave Fassel seven years.

That's Mara in a nutshell.

Complete retard when it comes to talent.

Complete cheapskate.

Thankfully he is no longer here to mess our club.

The Giants were so bad it was destroying the league which is why the league gave them Parcells, and Mara displaying how retarded was actually

Do you know how to fucking read?

George Young was given to the Giants by the league, George hired Ray Perkins and in 1982 Ray

left to coach his dream job at Alabama we then hired Parcells.

Wow.

It is appauling that a team in the New York market is so cheap with their coaching staff.

Why is it when we looked for a head coach we hired a retread nobody wanted, instead of an OC everybody wanted?

Do you mean Weis, whom everybody in the NFL wanted so badly that he's currently coaching college ball?

Why is it we hired a DC nobody wanted, and got outbid by the Redskins for Greg Williams?

Gee, take the job with a HOF coach and learn under him, with the possibility of taking his place in few years; or wait for a call that didn't happen at that point? If he blew off that opportunity, I wouldn't want him planning strategy anyway.

You mean the guy until last year had the head coaching job with the Raiders? The Norv Turner that had Randy Moss, Jerry Porter and Lamont Jordan as offensive weapons, and still couldn't get it done? :LMAO:

Because Fassel had an "up" season when Fox left, Fassel then hired John Lynn thinking Lynn knew what he was doing; and was fired before Lewis came along. Crazy fucking thing: Owners don't hire defensive coordinators.

This to me is not about the Giants players, it is about ownership and their lack of commitment to winning.

I am so glad Wellington Mara is no longer inc harge, he was a horrible owner in terms of winning.

The Giants ownership tried to copy the Steelers believing stability at coaching is the key to sucess.

Yes, it is when you have Bill Cowher as your head coach and you fix your coordinators.

Yeah, thank god Mara's dead. Do you have any clue how big an asshole you come off as when you post shit like this? Just curious.

Of course, as mentioned earlier, the NFL recommended George Young as a GM to resolve a dispute between Wellington and Tim Mara (his nephew and co-owner at the time). The NFL didn't give us Parcells. Young hired Parcells, after hiring Perkins. He also hired Handly, Reeves, and I believe Fassel.

Now the Giants, with more talent than they had with John Fox as their DC have their worst defense is how long, and the coaching staff is not to blame?

This is probably the only thing I agree with you. Then again, with 4 highly regarded defensive ends, you would think we would have more than one sack from them in 3 games, bad schemes or not. We've got a mix of bad scheming and underachieving going on here.

Maybe since Wellington is gone we actually will have a compotent owner who will not stubbornly and ignorantly look at the wons lost and decide to keep a coach until we got 5-11 or 4-12, maybe he will see how a defense has been awful and how we are the dumbest team in the league with penalties, and see a change is needed now before we sabatoge Tiki and Strahan's title oppurtunities.

You do realize that we are coming off an 11-5 record, and are still very much in the thick of things, right? Do we need to get our shit together--you bet. But firing the coaches right now wouldn't be such a hot idea...

You might also note that the penalty problem has been going on since the Fassel regime. You may then realize that most of the guys getting false starts were playing under Fassel. Coincidence?

Can we please stop cutting corners with the likes of Hanly, Fassel, Coughlin, Lynn, Hufnagel, and Lewis, and recruit good coaches?

Handley was an emergency hire, because Parcells left in February, and Bellichick had already moved on to Cleveland.

Say what you want about Snyder, but at least he gets good coaches like Williams and Saunders, say what you want about Jerry Jones, but he paid for Parcells, say what you want about the Eagles, but they find good coaches like Reid and Johnson.

You're shitting me.

Snyder: Norv Turner, Steve Spurrier, and Marty Schottenheimer for a single year (I can't remember if he hired Pettibone)

Jones: Fires Jim Johnson to hire Barry Switzer; Chan Gailey, Dave Campo

The Eagles also found Rich Kotite and Ray Rhodes.

Of all the hires you mentioned, only Reid has a division championship like Coughlin, and only Reid has gotten to the NFC championship. I'm obviously referring to the recent Parcells/Gibbs teams.

They do not understand the need for a coach going back to the Ally Sherman days.

Jim Lee Howell (you know, the coach that built that great team), retired after Landry and Lombardi left. Would you be willing to dump a coach that built a team that was playing for championships damn near every year from 1957-1963? And yes, I know Sherman took over in '61--that's how good that core was. It would have been like Dallas firing Landry in 1978.

We don't find/hire good coaches?

(assistant coach means I can't be bothered looking up the official title)

Parcells--hired from Perkin's staff.

Romeo Crennel--former Giants assistant coach

Bill Bellichick--former Giants defensive coordinator

Marty Schottenheimer--former Giants linebackers coach

Tom Coughlin--former Giants wide receivers coach

Mike Nolan--former Giants defensive coordinator (under Reeves)

John Fox--former Giants defensive coordinator

Al Groh--former Giants defensive coordinator

Charlie Weiss--former Giants assistant coach

There's probably a couple others I'm forgetting, but the point's made.

The Giants were so bad it was destroying the league which is why the league gave them Parcells, and Mara displaying how retarded was actually tired to fire him after one season, yet have gave Fassel seven years.

That's Mara in a nutshell.

Complete retard when it comes to talent.

Complete cheapskate.

Thankfully he is no longer here to mess our club.

No, it wasn't destroying the league. But Roselle was savvy enough to realize it wasn't a good situation to have a large media market have a team at that level of disarray. So he mediated the situation, and recommended George Young.

Once again, Mara niether hired nor fired Parcells: Young hired him, Parcells (surprise, surprise) quit. Parcells was also 3-12-1 that first year. Aren't you recommending firing Coughlin after 2 losses despite going 11-5 the previous year? According to you, wouldn't a smart owner have fired Parcells? Besides, if an owner "tries" to fire someone, chances are, he's fired.

Coughlin took over a team that went 4-12, had a running back that was more known as a turnover machine than a rushing threat, had a QB that had set an NFL single-season record for fumbling 2 years earlier, and whose players essentially quit the season by the Falcons game. Or did you forget that?

Nice to see someone that takes his sports team so seriously he welcomes a body count. Especially when he doesn't know what he's talking about.

The Giants owners treated HCs like tenured professors, refusing to fire Fassel stuburnly until his gross incompentence became too much too deny.

You can bet if Wellington was around since we won the division last season Coughlin would have had another threee years, I pray the new Giants owners aren't so cheap and dumb, and they realize DESPITE a winning season it was in SPITE not BECAUSE of coaching.

You'll say I'm stalking you and complain to the mods about me, but fuck you, but you have some deep deep emotional problems that will never get cured unless you go get some help. Seriously, stop being a fucking idiot for 10 seconds and reread this shit and for once realize, how dumb this is?. Why are you even a Giants fan?, you clearly hate the organization. It's clear from this Bible you wrote here. Stay off this board please, you're like a fucking rash. I know this board needs as many members as possible, but then they'll read this garbage and think it's indicative of the board. Go get some help for once. Mods, can Jimmy be banned just for being beyond stupid. You should think about it.

That's right, I fogot.

Mara did a great job at hiring coaches.

He was even better with GMS which is why the league had to step in.

He has done a great job replacing Parcells and John Fox.

Give it up, don't call me stupid.

It is frustrating as a Giants fan to see a big market team constantly be outspent and owned when it comes to recruiting compotent coaches, sorry if I took shots at Wellington, but he was stubburn, he refused to fire Fassel the players quit despite years of inconsistancy, and then he hired Coughlin instead of Weis because he had "ties" with him.

Blame me or see the truth, I guess the first is easier.

Booyah, don't let your personal grudge against me get the better of your already limited judgement and intellegent skills.

Posts like your last make me wonder if you weren't in bed with Wellington at least in terms of football ability.

Oh and Booyah, grow up.

Stop defelecting and get yourself.

Stop being a baby because the mods rightfully calle dyou out for being a sick interent creep.

You were called out by the mods, and know because I called out Wellington you're trying to get revenge.

Very mature.

Very intellegent.

Just what I would expect from you.

Childish, irresponsible, vendictive behavior.

Telling me I need=pot calling the kettle black.

you're way off base on many things and are coming off like a spoiled brat cuz you're team is 1-2 against 3 of the best teams in football. the only thing you are right about is the poor performance of the coaching but you've totally overreacted. and please don't allude to being happy that wellington's dead, that's worse than being happy peter gammons had a brain aneurism

you're way off base on many things and are coming off like a spoiled brat cuz you're team is 1-2 against 3 of the best teams in football. the only thing you are right about is the poor performance of the coaching but you've totally overreacted. and please don't allude to being happy that wellington's dead, that's worse than being happy peter gammons had a brain aneurism

Wow, nice exaggerayion. If only you could read and write past the 2nd grade I'd say you are perfect FOXNEWS material.

Go to peer tutoring.

I never said or implied I was happy Gammons had an aneurism or Mara was deceased.

I said I was happy Gammons and his mindless, pro Red Sox, agenda were no longer on BBTN and that made the show much more enjoybale, and I said I am happpy Wellington is no longer here to stubbornly not fire coaches, see Reeves and Fassel, until they display gross incompotenece almost matching his own ability to find good football coaches.

In the last 30 years who has gotten that has been a good HC, Parcells and that wasn't even his own doing.

Listen, read, simple, for most intellegent mammels.

Mara liked to model himself after the Rooneyrs with coaching stability, but the Rooneys actually had good coaches.

That is what was frustrating with Mara.

That's right, I fogot.

Mara did a great job at hiring coaches.

He was even better with GMS which is why the league had to step in.

He has done a great job replacing Parcells and John Fox.

Give it up, don't call me stupid.

It is frustrating as a Giants fan to see a big market team constantly be outspent and owned when it comes to recruiting compotent coaches, sorry if I took shots at Wellington, but he was stubburn, he refused to fire Fassel the players quit despite years of inconsistancy, and then he hired Coughlin instead of Weis because he had "ties" with him.

Blame me or see the truth, I guess the first is easier.

Booyah, don't let your personal grudge against me get the better of your already limited judgement and intellegent skills.

Posts like your last make me wonder if you weren't in bed with Wellington at least in terms of football ability.

:doh:

Wellington Mara hadn't autonomously hired a coach since John McVay. Since then, it has been the responsibility of the general manager, with of course the owners giving approval/disapproval. Therefore, you are incorrect in holding him completely responsible for replacing Parcells (which, as I am now saying twice in this thread, had to be done quickly, thanks to when Parcells resigned).

To my knowledge, George Young was our first general manager.

Mara had absolutely nothing to do with picking Johnny Lynn to replace Fox: It is the coaches' responsibility to choose his staff.

Oh and Booyah, grow up.

Stop defelecting and get yourself.

Stop being a baby because the mods rightfully calle dyou out for being a sick interent creep.

You were called out by the mods, and know because I called out Wellington you're trying to get revenge.

Very mature.

Very intellegent.

Just what I would expect from you.

Childish, irresponsible, vendictive behavior.

Telling me I need=pot calling the kettle black.

You went to the mods about me like a fucking crybaby that you are. They never called me out. You calling me a sick internet creep is the equivalent of saying I'm a very sane and sound minded man.

I seriously want you to fuck off at this stage. Anybody that would come on this board and see this shit would turn and leave. It would be my pleasure to drive you out of here. Who else's death are you going to make a mockery of?

Wow, nice exaggerayion. If only you could read and write past the 2nd grade I'd say you are perfect FOXNEWS material.

Go to peer tutoring.

I never said or implied I was happy Gammons had an aneurism or Mara was deceased.

I said I was happy Gammons and his mindless, pro Red Sox, agenda were no longer on BBTN and that made the show much more enjoybale, and I said I am happpy Wellington is no longer here to stubbornly not fire coaches, see Reeves and Fassel, until they display gross incompotenece almost matching his own ability to find good football coaches.

In the last 30 years who has gotten that has been a good HC, Parcells and that wasn't even his own doing.

Listen, read, simple, for most intellegent mammels.

Mara liked to model himself after the Rooneyrs with coaching stability, but the Rooneys actually had good coaches.

That is what was frustrating with Mara.

haha well you've asked this 2nd grade educated person for help in accounting and other areas so what does that say about you. i mena you said you're glad mara's not in charge anymore, how did that occur? and you've now spelled 'intelligent' wrong twice in this thread while mocking the 'intelligence' of others

haha well you've asked this 2nd grade educated person for help in accounting and other areas so what does that say about you. i mena you said you're glad mara's not in charge anymore, how did that occur? and you've now spelled 'intelligent' wrong twice in this thread while mocking the 'intelligence' of others

I dun't lik it when Jimmie tryes to mak me sim lik Iem not telligent. whin I be verry smat.

You went to the mods about me like a fucking crybaby that you are. They never called me out. You calling me a sick internet creep is the equivalent of saying I'm a very sane and sound minded man.

I seriously want you to fuck off at this stage. Anybody that would come on this board and see this shit would turn and leave. It would be my pleasure to drive you out of here. Who else's death are you going to make a mockery of?

Don't you have a family, tanigble/imaginary you should be concerned with and not me?

Or can your obsessive mind, the least of your problems, not help yourself.

You seem to have a tendancy and problem controlling yourself exibited by your constant following of me and posting on my threads, to the point of freignteing me not in an intimidating way, because intimating and you are oxymorons, but in a sick creepy way the mods in effort to make this place nice should know.

After all we all want this to be the place for Giants football, and if some immature, sick so called adult can't control his obsession with one poster that he must follow, stalk all of his posts it brings down the forum far more than anything I do.

If you don't like what I bring, then why don't you do the mature thing and not read my posts?

I don't go on your posts for the SOLE purpose of instigating a fight with you, in the rare event one of your posts is intellegent and does interest me I go on for normal conversing as opposed to going on there to start shit.

What a fine role model you are not only for your helpless offspring, not only for Giants fans, but the board in general.

Telling me I need to leave just how much of a baby you are because the mods called you out and is the equivlant of the pot calling the kettle black.

You just proved with your quote "At this stage I want you to fuck off" and your past behavior, "constantly following and inflaming, instigating me" that you are nothing but a troll trying to start shit, and you are the last person who is qualified to speak to what is best and who should be gone from the board.

You have a jealous complex and have just proven you;ve had a hard on up your ass with me for a long time.

Get over it

Get lost.

At this stage, go play in traffic.

Wellington Mara was a pioneer of this league, he was a damn good owner, the players loved to play for him. If you listened to Barber or Shockey speak about Mr. Mara before he passed, you would know that the Giants were a family.

The players will not play hard for Coughlin and there does need to be a change, but will it happen, no not yet!

Wellington Mara was a pioneer of this league, he was a damn good owner, the players loved to play for him. If you listened to Barber or Shockey speak about Mr. Mara before he passed, you would know that the Giants were a family.

The players will not play hard for Coughlin and there does need to be a change, but will it happen, no not yet!

I never said Mara didn't at one point help the league.

However, he did more for the league than he did his own team.

He was generous and not self centered, and would have served us fans much better had he been in the league front office instead of running this team.

He is not Dan Rooney.

He makes good choices with hiring of GMs and coaches, Mara doesn't yet tenures them like they are.

Don't you have a family, tanigble/imaginary you should be concerned with and not me?

Or can your obsessive mind, the least of your problems, not help yourself.

You seem to have a tendancy and problem controlling yourself exibited by your constant following of me and posting on my threads, to the point of freignteing me not in an intimidating way, because intimating and you are oxymorons, but in a sick creepy way the mods in effort to make this place nice should know.

After all we all want this to be the place for Giants football, and if some immature, sick so called adult can't control his obsession with one poster that he must follow, stalk all of his posts it brings down the forum far more than anything I do.

If you don't like what I bring, then why don't you do the mature thing and not read my posts?

I don't go on your posts for the SOLE purpose of instigating a fight with you, in the rare event one of your posts is intellegent and does interest me I go on for normal conversing as opposed to going on there to start shit.

What a fine role model you are not only for your helpless offspring, not only for Giants fans, but the board in general.

Telling me I need to leave just how much of a baby you are because the mods called you out and is the equivlant of the pot calling the kettle black.

You just proved with your quote "At this stage I want you to fuck off" and your past behavior, "constantly following and inflaming, instigating me" that you are nothing but a troll trying to start shit, and you are the last person who is qualified to speak to what is best and who should be gone from the board.

You have a jealous complex and have just proven you;ve had a hard on up your ass with me for a long time.

Get over it

Get lost.

At this stage, go play in traffic.

In the past few days you've bashed Peter Gammons a few days after the poor guy had a brain aneurysm and could have died. Now, you have such a lack of class that you start bringing up Wellington Mara's name in you posts bashing the Giants. You have no idea that if Wellington Mara hadn't agreed decades ago into revenue sharing with other franchises, there would be no NFL and you wouldn't have a sport where you being the imbecile you are, can ask "how many Giants wore white jerseys to Fedex park on Sunday?". You say I have a lack of class yet you can't wait till some misfortune hits someone you hate for you to come on here and bash them when they are down.

In the past, i had offered you advise on certain issues. ( you can go back in MB history and see that). But what I've found with you Jimmy is that all you ever do is come on here to do 2 things. The Point I made above and to feign helplessness in order to get sympathy.

As for my "obsession", I wasn't the dick who went to the mods in a hissy fit and told them that if I didn't stop replying to your posts, that you would "unleash all hell upon me" (or words to that effect). It just goes to show what an insecure jerk you are. Hell Wizdum trolled all my topics, I never once ratted him out. If you can't take it, go away. The reason I wish you'd go away is that you add nothing to this board, just take it down about 50 notches with your crap.

You want to get some respect, try posting some normal shit for a change. If your roomate will let you of course. By the way, I post more and and I'm here all the time, I don't just show up when you come on chico.