SportsWrath

sorry folks

Herc

I'll take either the Pads or the Dodgers in the Series. That way I can finally see my Yanks in the WS. :TU:

Last Yanks WS game I went to was in '82...I need not tell you how young I was, and in '99 I was a partying fool who had no money. This year though, the table is set. I have 2 good chances of seeing them out in Cali for the WS.

Let me tell you one thing. The Mets aren't going anywhere with Steve Trachsel pitching. Yes he has 14 wins but gives up to many runs. He has been pretty lucky with the run support but the playoffs is not a place where he should be used. Yes, he has been with the Mets for some time and never has pitched in a playoff game but so what. From what we have seen from Pelfrey, Maine and others, they deserve the spot, especially Maine. Trachsel looks good in some innings and looks totally lost in others. He has already given up 4 runs through 4.1 innings tonight. Left the bases loaded with one out.

Pedro

Glavine

Maine

Hernandez

That is my rotation going into the playoffs.

All Mets fans had no hope at the tail end of that series. They sold their ticks.

yeah i hear that, im sure that's what my fellow fans in SD did at the tail end of the '98 series as well--though i'd never do it. i hate to see my team lose the world series but it's worth the risk to see your team win a world series game in person

Let me tell you one thing. The Mets aren't going anywhere with Steve Trachsel pitching. Yes he has 14 wins but gives up to many runs. He has been pretty lucky with the run support but the playoffs is not a place where he should be used. Yes, he has been with the Mets for some time and never has pitched in a playoff game but so what. From what we have seen from Pelfrey, Maine and others, they deserve the spot, especially Maine. Trachsel looks good in some innings and looks totally lost in others. He has already given up 4 runs through 4.1 innings tonight. Left the bases loaded with one out.

Pedro

Glavine

Maine

Hernandez

That is my rotation going into the playoffs.

Trachsel sparks the offense. Apparently not tonight... check under my username.

wow are you kidding me? i would expect that at a LOT of other ballparks but not shea

No, I swear, I went to games 3, 4 and 5 game three had a lot of met fans, so did game 4.

Game 5 it was easily a 2 to 1 ratio of Yanks fans to Mets fans.

The Mets fans just wanted to get the quick money from the tickets.

I was at game 4 in 2000. Bobby Jones was warming up to "For Whom The Bell Tolls" and I was pumped. Then Jeter hit the first pitch over the wall.............

It was still a good game though, and something I'll always remember. How many people get to go to a REAL Subwat Series game??? :TU:

I was at game 4 in 2000. Bobby Jones was warming up to "For Whom The Bell Tolls" and I was pumped. Then Jeter hit the first pitch over the wall.............

It was still a good game though, and something I'll always remember. How many people get to go to a REAL Subwat Series game??? :TU:

yeah, i'd never sell those tickets. that's an experience and a half

Or Subway. :yikes:

peavy's back, his shoulder is fine and he's had a great 2nd half, he threw a 2 hit, 1 run 2 walk comlete game with 14 k's last night. with david wells they're now four deep at starter and they hstill have the best bullpen in baseball. so let's kill this noise about the reds, marlins, etc. the wildcard is coming out of the NL west and the pads are gonna shock someone in the first round

that's great news!!! that's the perfect team for the Mets first victim!!! aslong as it's not Houston, Philly's, or the Marlins were gonna put a broom to that ass :flex:

that's great news!!! that's the perfect team for the Mets first victim!!! aslong as it's not Houston, Philly's, or the Marlins were gonna put a broom to that ass :flex:

not if pedro is out or not pitching effectively due to injury.

not if pedro is out or not pitching effectively due to injury.

Well, Pedro will be back... the thing is the injury. The rest might actually help him. I think the "calf injury" was just a way to let Pedro sit some more so he's ready for the playoffs. Him doing well because of the rest is up in the air.

Well, Pedro will be back... the thing is the injury. The rest might actually help him. I think the "calf injury" was just a way to let Pedro sit some more so he's ready for the playoffs. Him doing well because of the rest is up in the air.

if we split the first two at shea you're in trouble. who you gonna start in game 3 on the road against wells or chris young? maine? perez? trachsel? your team is kind of vulnerable to lefties too (relatively speaking--it's still a good lineup), but you'r 6-7-8 hitters are consecutive lefties, plus delgado. don't worry though, we're taking the division and you'll be playing the dodgers and we'll be playing the cards :P

if we split the first two at shea you're in trouble. who you gonna start in game 3 on the road against wells or chris young? maine? perez? trachsel? your team is kind of vulnerable to lefties too (relatively speaking--it's still a good lineup), but you'r 6-7-8 hitters are consecutive lefties, plus delgado. don't worry though, we're taking the division and you'll be playing the dodgers and we'll be playing the cards :P

Green and Chavez are solid at hitting off lefties in their defense. And Valentin is a switch hitter.

Green and Chavez are solid at hitting off lefties in their defense. And Valentin is a switch hitter.

none of those 3 scare me against wells or young. young's whip against lefties is 1.04 and his LHBAA is .193 and none of the mets run producers kill lefties except wright, and he's in a huge slump. beltran's numbers are way better against righties. delgado and floyd are garbage against lefties. and when you DO face a righty it'll be peavy, and with the way he's pitchign lately you better pray to god that pedro is 100%. just hope the pads win the division, you'll have a much easier time against the dodgers in a short series

none of those 3 scare me against wells or young. young's whip against lefties is 1.04 and his LHBAA is .193 and none of the mets run producers kill lefties except wright, and he's in a huge slump. beltran's numbers are way better against righties. delgado and floyd are garbage against lefties. and when you DO face a righty it'll be peavy, and with the way he's pitchign lately you better pray to god that pedro is 100%. just hope the pads win the division, you'll have a much easier time against the dodgers in a short series

especially washed up Green.

The Mets are doomed for the all to typical hot team that gets crossed out quick status.

:rolleyes:

El Duque. One of the best postseason pitchers of our time.

David Wright has been on a tear for the last 2 weeks, raising his average 10 points, and knocking in 16 RBI during his recent streak.

especially washed up Green.

The Mets are doomed for the all to typical hot team that gets crossed out quick status.

Just because a guy doesn't hit 40 home runs doesn't mean he's washed up. He's still a .285 hitter, and has always been right around that number his entire career. That's consistency. And he's batting .302 since joining the Mets. :TU: