SportsWrath

Giants cards

Mr. P

6 hours ago, Dragon said:

I was gonna say "remember when we came back against Arizona and everyone told us we shouldn't celebrate cause it was JUST THE CARDINALS..." 

I kept on harping on this - Cards D is good! That comeback was actually brilliant stuff. We also stayed competitive against the 9ers till midway through the 3rd qtr. Then we ran out of gas - no barkley, no thomas - short week - miracles cant happen every week.

2 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

I kept on harping on this - Cards D is good! That comeback was actually brilliant stuff. We also stayed competitive against the 9ers till midway through the 3rd qtr. Then we ran out of gas - no barkley, no thomas - short week - miracles cant happen every week.

We stayed competitive against the 9ers and the refs.

w

7 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

4 hours ago, Nas said:

We stayed competitive against the 9ers and the refs.

You are both right

7 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Stupid penalties and poor tackling drove us out of that 49er game. When the game was 17-12, we had a real shot to win.

2 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

These stupid arm tackles are killing us.

Which is something I'll never understand. How many times do you have to see yourself fail at something before you change your approach? 

7 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Which is something I'll never understand. How many times do you have to see yourself fail at something before you change your approach? 

Bro.... I know you have heard this... Madden would always lose his shit at the arm tackles in the NFL.  He would say shoe string tackles at a racing WR are fine... but defensive coordinators teach the big hit to bring someone down rather than the wrap up shoulder into someone technique.  I learned the shoulder tackle technique and have been watching killer hit tackles going up since the late 80s.  Most of these defensive coordinators are younger than most Boomers and this sadly is all that they know.  The college boys learn almost exclusively the monster hit technique and lose out on easy tackles.  The way that Cardinal RB was ripping off yardage against us was all arm tackles.  A nice body block shoulder thrown into him by a LB or two would definitely take him down with minimal gain.  It is a lost art, it seems. :ermm:

9 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Bro.... I know you have heard this... Madden would always lose his shit at the arm tackles in the NFL.  He would say shoe string tackles at a racing WR are fine... but defensive coordinators teach the big hit to bring someone down rather than the wrap up shoulder into someone technique.  I learned the shoulder tackle technique and have been watching killer hit tackles going up since the late 80s.  Most of these defensive coordinators are younger than most Boomers and this sadly is all that they know.  The college boys learn almost exclusively the monster hit technique and lose out on easy tackles.  The way that Cardinal RB was ripping off yardage against us was all arm tackles.  A nice body block shoulder thrown into him by a LB or two would definitely take him down with minimal gain.  It is a lost art, it seems. :ermm:

It's pathetic and I'm not even giving anyone a coaching excuse. You're a professional football player. You KNOW how to tackle. You know throwing an elbow at a 230lb RB isn't gonna do shit so why do it? Play under control, get yourself into position, break down, put your shoulder into your opponent, wrap up and drive them into the fn turf. 

On 9/26/2023 at 12:22 AM, Dragon said:

It's pathetic and I'm not even giving anyone a coaching excuse. You're a professional football player. You KNOW how to tackle. You know throwing an elbow at a 230lb RB isn't gonna do shit so why do it? Play under control, get yourself into position, break down, put your shoulder into your opponent, wrap up and drive them into the fn turf. 

True by the numbers.  The killer hits that whiff mostly are ruining the game.

On 9/26/2023 at 3:48 AM, Iceman_NYG said:

It took like 5 Giants players to bring down Deebo on that one play after he gained some 347 yards after the catch - Jesus they made him look like Percy Harvin and Devin Hester got into Mark Bavarro's body or something - the tackling was that piss poor the entire game.

WORD... the bad tackling in the NFL makes guys look like an old Earl Campbell highlight reel in his unstoppable form.