SportsWrath

This is why I love Saquon and this is why I hate the media

Iceman_NYG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azHR3f0Ikfc

Just take a look at how the media is trying to put words in his mouth - Are you sad? Are you hurt? Did it break your spirit? Did it break your confidence? Are you upset??? blah blah. And his responses are always spot on! This is why we need this leader on this team in the backfield with an equal gentleman - DJ.

On 8/17/2023 at 4:58 AM, Iceman_NYG said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azHR3f0Ikfc

Just take a look at how the media is trying to put words in his mouth - Are you sad? Are you hurt? Did it break your spirit? Did it break your confidence? Are you upset??? blah blah. And his responses are always spot on! This is why we need this leader on this team in the backfield with an equal gentleman - DJ.

How does this guy not LOL at these questions?  Media sum clowns... 

4 hours ago, Nas said:

I don’t have any issues with the questions.    I think his candor and professionalism were outstanding.

Exactly. This is why we need that guy in the locker room. But I do have an issue with the questions? - How did you feel during the negotiations is a question Im ok with? Did you feel heart broken, dejected, did your spirit break etc are leading questions and putting words in your mouth. To any of those, if he had even used the word "Yeah" the next headline would be Saquon says his spirit was broken by the Giants during contract talks....

5 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Exactly. This is why we need that guy in the locker room. But I do have an issue with the questions? - How did you feel during the negotiations is a question Im ok with? Did you feel heart broken, dejected, did your spirit break etc are leading questions and putting words in your mouth. To any of those, if he had even used the word "Yeah" the next headline would be Saquon says his spirit was broken by the Giants during contract talks....

I think it was Mike Greenberg that said they (sports media as a whole) were professional overreactors.

6 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

I get your point but the questions, I feel, were not out of line.

7 minutes ago, Nas said:

I get your point but the questions, I feel, were not out of line.

Why would you say that? I felt almost all of it were - but Im glad they were because it truly brought out what Saquon is made of. Imagine asking such stuff to say a Zach Wilson

1 minute ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Why would you say that? I felt almost all of it were - but Im glad they were because it truly brought out what Saquon is made of. Imagine asking such stuff to say a Zach Wilson

Correct and that’s what those questions were for.   They reveal a person’s character and it’s not a bad thing if the person was forthcoming about his disappointment.    You can tell from his body language that there was disappointment and rightfully so.

True - that I agree - which is the case with almost all RBs - atleast he didnt behave like Jonathan Taylor or Josh Jacobs. The kid loves football and this is the best thing for him. Carl Banks saying what he did helped.

BTW - SSup with the SW fantasy league???

59 minutes ago, Iceman_NYG said:

True - that I agree - which is the case with almost all RBs - atleast he didnt behave like Jonathan Taylor or Josh Jacobs. The kid loves football and this is the best thing for him. Carl Banks saying what he did helped.

BTW - SSup with the SW fantasy league???

there’s a pinned thread about it in the main section. 

18 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

When did you stop beating your wife... :laugh: