SportsWrath

Rodgers to the Jets.

Sephiroth

Aaron Rodgers wrecked his Achilles at the same place the 49ers called ‘trash’

“I really think FieldTurf is a problem in the NFL,” Bosa told Sports Illustrated in a story published last year. “And the turf I played on in New York was brand new. It was super soft, and apparently, they rolled a cement roller over it twice after the game because we had two ACLs and a bunch of other injuries on it,” he said, referring to injuries suffered by then-49ers Solomon Thomas (ACL) and Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle). “So I think if the NFL cared about our safety at all, then we’d all play on grass like top soccer teams do. So that’s kinda BS to me.” 

“We need real grass for all of our stadiums,” Rodgers' teammate DJ Reed wrote after Monday night’s game. (About half of the league’s stadiums have grass.) 

Even if the cost of grass is five or 10 times what York says it is, that’s a sliver of what owners spend on players annually. This year’s salary cap is $224 million. It would only seem logical for owners to protect their investments so they don’t end up in a situation like the Jets are in now. But the players want them to do it, and so it seems like the owners would rather draw out a negotiation than keep their most valuable assets safe.

Totally agree here. 

• 3 months later...

As a frequent McAfee viewer, Aarron typically leaves this show at the end of the year with the odd appearance in the offseason or before the SB.

I imagine it's just good timing after Rodgers has gone full victim looney mode. 

I fully expect him back or Pat to want him back on but I doubt he will and play the whole "ESPN is silencing me!!!!" Card.

21 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

You can tell he knows he made a bad decision going to the Jets.

Their Oline is the worst in the NFL.and the defense is showing cracks.

Sometimes chasing the cash has major consequences.  I don't think too many traditional teams want his extra baggage and bullshit at this point.  Most have won multiple super bowls all without Mr. Natural Immunity.