SportsWrath

Osi

Mr. P

38 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

As much as I love watching prime Osi. 

Isn't this the game were Pettigout had 189 false starts and cost us the game? 

Phantom false starts. Replay showed nobody moving. Another example of the complete ineptitude of NFL refs. 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Phantom false starts. Replay showed nobody moving. Another example of the complete ineptitude of NFL refs. 

I remeber that now.

It was Diehl, he got flagged three or four times which were utter bullshit since he was like the least penalized OT in the NFL up to that point.

Luke had six? But if I recall they were all real calls which is why he was never seen again after that year.

It was also the famous Jay Feely game, missing that kick in OT?

SNL ended up doing a sketch about it.

Anyways back to what Pdoub posted.

Prime Osi was just fucking nuts, he was that rare combination of speed and size, OTs couldn't just get a hand on him and hold him off like they could with smaller fast DEs because Osi would just push right through it.

He had that one year where he tied the most forced fumbles in a season too.

The fact that he was able to show up and abuse a HoF tackle like Jones was just another reason why the Giants won those SBs, he would just constantly abuse tackles if they didnt have any help.

Really hoping we see Thibs, Ojulari, Roche become the new Strahan, Osi, Tuck, wombo combo.

22 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Prime Osi was just fucking nuts, he was that rare combination of speed and size, OTs couldn't just get a hand on him and hold him off like they could with smaller fast DEs because Osi would just push right through it.

The fact that he was able to show up and abuse a HoF tackle like Jones was just another reason why the Giants won those SBs, he would just constantly abuse tackles if they didnt have any help.

Really hoping we see Thibs, Ojulari, Roche become the new Strahan, Osi, Tuck, wombo combo.

That would be sweet indeed... :)

23 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Roche looks like he just keeps getting better. He always seemed instinctive, but from the clips I've seen Roche is getting off the ball with some serious speed now. 

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Roche looks like he just keeps getting better. He always seemed instinctive, but from the clips I've seen Roche is getting off the ball with some serious speed now. 

It's funny too I wanted Roche in the draft mocked him to us in the fourth round. 

I was pissed the Steelers grabbed him, but they are so stacked at pass rusher he was a casualty of camp cuts.