SportsWrath

Dallas and Philly Will Compete For The NFC East Crown

donovan4prez

Don't think so.... Dallas has no O-Line, Philly's RB blows balls, whoever wrote that article is on crack, cause the top 2 teams will be the top two from last year... quote me on that..you know me D4P, just speaking the truth...what makes ppl think the Cowgirls are so much better from last year??? TO is a cancer like Me-Shawn, and atleast TO had a good QB and O-line to get him the ball in philly, Bledsoe will be injured during season time once he plays our defense... that's not shit-talking, but last year with our "weak" defense we killed him... and Philly will only be as good as McNabb will take them... which he's still pretty battered and his WR corps haven't gotten much better so to me it's up to 'Skins and Giants... no article will prove me other-wise

LOL, read one of this guys comments...

Ok. We'll see how little the Giants have improved once we see Lavar Arrington, Will Demps, and Sam Madison in action this year. That's where the Giants struggled last year due to injury. We fixed those areas and our offense proved last season that they have the potential to be explosive at times. of course, with a harder schedule, it's too early to tell how good the Giants will really be against the NFL's elite being that us and the Bengals have the toughest schedules...in the same respect, it's also too early to declare the NFC East, football's toughest division last season, to be a strictly two-team race. Everyone wrote off the Giants and praised Philly last year and look what happened. That is all.

That's accurate

here's another quote:

Its good that you predict Dallas and the Eagles as 1 & 2 in the division this year. Everyone had predicted that to be the order of finish last year as well. Look what happened!!!! This (the NFC East) is the most competitive division in football and barring significant injuries, top to bottom won't be separated by more than 4 games. You must be quite a prognosticator to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff in this division! But everyone is entitled to their opinion: 1. Giants 2. Redskins 3. Eagles 4. Cowboys

LOLOLOLOL check out this quote it's my favorite:

"The Giants showed their true colors when the Carolina Panthers wiped them all over the field in last year's playoffs." Do you even know what you are talking about!? Take a look at the freakin injury report for the Giants in that game! No Antonio Pierce, Carlos Emmons, Reggie Torbor, and Fred Robbins. Robbins was very important because he backed up William Joseph, who just returned after missing 7 weeks with an ankle injury. Oh and did you actually watch the game film? As for our offense, everything starts with the big guys upfront. When Tiki Barber claimed we were out-coached, well he was right. We stayed in a man blocking scheme the entire game, rather than adjusting to a zone scheme to counter Carolina's stunts and slants. A deteoriated defense and poor coaching is how we lost that game. If we had the same defensive personel that held Shaun Alexander to 3.5 YPC, it would have been a much different out come.

Yeah theyll compete in your XBOX on Madden. How in the hell are you even going to post bull shit like this. You mean to tell me that the season hasnt started yet and your givin the Ship to either Philly or Dallas cmon know did those teams really improve that much more that the Giants or are you just talkin out of your ass.

Philly's WR core is amusing and the prospect of them utilizing their running game more effectively is dubious (at best).

Dallas is a threat to the Giants reign as divisional champs. T.O. was a great acquisition and now they have a good 1, 2, and a good (but, not great) TE.

They are a strong compliment to us in terms of offensive talent, though our D is better than there's. I look forward to being champs again.

The Eagles haven't had a good WR corps in recent memory...except when they had TO...they still managed to do pretty well. I fear people are greatly underestimating them.

shhh.....these idiots let the talking heads at espn dictate their football knowledge

Even the idiots at ESPN know that Philly will blow this season.

There is no compelling reason to think that the Beagles will do better this season...none!

I look forward to a clean sweep.

A good draft. A healthy McNabb. An underachieving defense that seemed to have an off year. No more TO drama. Good lines on both sides of the ball. There are plenty of reasons.

I'd like nothing more than a clean sweep of the Eagles (and the rest of the NFC East) but the realist in me says otherwise. There is no clear cut "best" in the division right now - though as of right now I'm inclined to believe that the top 2 teams are Big Blue and the Eagles.

A good draft. A healthy McNabb. An underachieving defense that seemed to have an off year. No more TO drama. Good lines on both sides of the ball. There are plenty of reasons.

I'd like nothing more than a clean sweep of the Eagles (and the rest of the NFC East) but the realist in me says otherwise. There is no clear cut "best" in the division right now - though as of right now I'm inclined to believe that the top 2 teams are Big Blue and the Eagles.

From what I've read about Bunkley understanding their defense, he's probably not going to be a big factor this coming season. They better hope a rookie tackle (Justice) isn't, so the draft won't be important factor this year. We'll see about how McNabb recovers from last season.

The NFC seems to be more competitive than it has been for the better part of a decade. Seattle, Carolina, and Tampa Bay all seem to be at an upswing, and there might even be a team in the Central division that shows some signs of life in Chicago. The same with the NFC East. The Eagles are not going to get away with the flaws that they have like they did in the past 4-5 seasons, or like we did when we reached the Superbowl.

Nobody will.

A healthy McNabb...so, he's like a battered wife (after last season)

An underachieving D...keep on aging

Good lines on both sides...you'll need them

I'm not arbitrarily dogging you out, I'm just saying that the Eagles are not contenders and whether they're better than the Skins is questionable at best.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about Philly than I am Dallas. Their defense should be good, but their offense, even with TO, doesn't scare me in the least. That QB and line just don't cut it for me.

And truthfully, I don't think Parcell's heart is in it anymore.

I'm not arbitrarily dogging you out, I'm just saying that the Eagles are not contenders and whether they're better than the Skins is questionable at best.

Touche' my friend...that's as accurate as you can get...and their offense will only go as far as thier run game will get them

Not dogging me out at all I hope (I'm a Giants fan). I'm also realistic though and not about to give the division to the Giants when there are 3 other very talented teams in the way. The Eagles had an off year - especially the defense which isn't all that old from what I know with the exception of Dawkins - and I see no reason to believe that they're gonna be the pushovers they were last year.

Touche' my friend...that's as accurate as you can get...and their offense will only go as far as thier run game will get them

It's funny, the Eagles keep on talking about running more...but who are they gonna run? They have those two fast but tiny RBs, they don't have anyone who can pound it down the middle.

They may not have the same performance as last season, but they will have about the same record.

They were only dominant while the rest of the East was weak. Now the competition is huge in the East and Dallas and the G have gone up by leaps and bounds.

I don't see how the Eagles, will re-emerge as competitive just because McNabb's healty and they don't have the T.O. distraction. That may have worked when the Giants were Fasselized, Dallas was being Campoed, and the Skins were trying being Danny-boy'd to death. In the end though, things have changed and the Eagles will not be competitive...that's all.

I can appreciate cautious optimism, however I fail to see any evidence the would substantiate the Eagles having a better season than the other teams in the NFC East.

If you place all of your expectations on the healthy McNabb and the absence of T.O., then I think that's incredibly naive.

Considering there inexperience at running the ball, i estimate that Andy will start throwing it again and that puts Mcnabb in our cross hairs as well as limited to throwing to the no-name WR's.

Perhaps you know something that I don't, however I expect that the Eagles will be tough, just not as tough as the rest of the NFC East.

Somebody's got to lose and it'll be them, that does float my boat.

LOLOLOLOL check out this quote it's my favorite:

You beat me to it. Its funny how they can mention we beat Philly cause they had injuries, but no mention of it when talking about us against the Panthers. LOL...whoever wrote this is biased and retarded.