SportsWrath

Wildcard weekend.

BlueInCanada

11 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

That was my thought.    This guy is making the most out of being retarded. 

saints offense is struggling to move the ball consistently 

Used to be stop Brees from passing and make the Saints run.

Now it's stop the Saints from running and make Brees pass.

10 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

The inconsistency of the officiating is mind numbing 

On Mike Perariahs (sp)? podcast he does every week, he went into detail about how the NFL is fucked because no refs are coming up from the college ranks to the NFL so they keep having to use these 65+ year old refs who really don't give a fuck anymore and want to retire.

So most of the time every NFL game has a couple refs who are just there for a paycheck essentially and if they miss/blow a call then what do they care? They still get a check and if they are fired they get to retire on the refs pension.

Also said that the NFL rules are usually bent every weekend to the head refs bias.

He went into example about holding, in the NFL rules it's basically holding on the Oline if the player grabs any part of the defenders frame outside of his front, ie grabbing the outside of his shoulder will be holding.

Some head refs though will give a Oline player 1 or 2 seconds to let go and not call it, others will call it even if it''s a split second grab.

Some won't call holding unless they literally choke hold the Dline.

Said that the NFL really needs to get their shit together with their head refs and call games more as you said consistently.

Also went into detail about how the NFL Refs association is basically a modern day mafia.

Most of the old fogies want to just ride the NFL for all it's worth wit the threat of "You seen what happened when you got replacement Refs?"

And so far the NFL owners and the NFL are to afraid to call their bluff and hold them to higher standards of calling penalties.

1 minute ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Brees looks about as old as Eli and Brady all of a sudden

He never really looked good all year, especially after the unjury to his hand.

I mean I know QBs are starting to retire older in the NFL, but maybe they should realize after 34/35 they really do decline in play.

So far only Brady has been able to keep the age bug away.

Just now, UK-Giantsfan said:

i'm secretly hoping that Brady realises that its over tomorrow and retires ..........and then BB picks up the phone to John Mara and comes home to NY

I think Brady said retiring is highly unlikely after the game, but that doesn't mean he stays a Pat.

Also Billycheek will never come here with Mara in charge or Getty here.

All reports are he wants to retire anyways, grand kids and family starting to become a priority for him.

Not to mention I doubt he ever strikes lightning like he did with the Pats again.

1 minute ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

i'm secretly hoping that Brady realises that its over tomorrow and retires ..........and then BB picks up the phone to John Mara and comes home to NY

If BB goes anywhere from the Patriots he’s just setting himself up for failure 

6 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Hot cake;

Before he retires this Taysom Hill cat is going to set some sort of records for the most yards throwing, receiving and rushing in a single year by a player.

I like hot cake!

but Taysom Hill will only be the type of player he is so long as Brees or some other real QB is there 

maybe Brees retires this year and Eli shows up there 

4 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

I like hot cake!

but Taysom Hill will only be the type of player he is so long as Brees or some other real QB is there 

maybe Brees retires this year and Eli shows up there 

That's what I mean though, he'll never be a 16 game QB or something but he could very easily become an every down type of player.

Imagine not knowing if the RB/WR lined up is going to run the ball, or throw it, or catch it.

I'm not saying he'll end up with 6000 all purpose yards, just something like 1000 throwing, a few TDs, and a bunch more rush and receiving yards.