SportsWrath

DRC to safety

Mr. P

Yeah, I thought Cockrell played his way into a longer than 1 year offer. I'd give him a 3 year, team friendly deal. Not sure what current CB deals look like...otherwise I'd throw some numbers out there.

As for DRC...I'm never a fan of creating a hole until you have something to fill it. Hopefully they have a player or two in mind.

I've read that the Eagles are looking to resign Robinson...would be tough to pry him away from the SB winner given we're not exactly promising him a starting position with Apple and Jenkins on the roster. Same time, teams are playing more nickel with 3 CBs on the field...so he would be a starter I suppose in many games depending on the opposing team's first formation.

Yeah, I thought Cockrell played his way into a longer than 1 year offer. I'd give him a 3 year, team friendly deal. Not sure what current CB deals look like...otherwise I'd throw some numbers out there.

As for DRC...I'm never a fan of creating a hole until you have something to fill it. Hopefully they have a player or two in mind.

I've read that the Eagles are looking to resign Robinson...would be tough to pry him away from the SB winner given we're not exactly promising him a starting position with Apple and Jenkins on the roster. Same time, teams are playing more nickel with 3 CBs on the field...so he would be a starter I suppose in many games depending on the opposing team's first formation.

I agree, but I think his play at CB deteriorated to the point where it's probably best that we replace him with someone potentially more consistent and a full time starter, in my view. Cockrell seems he can be a decent, capable starting #2 CB.

I agree, but I think his play at CB deteriorated to the point where it's probably best that we replace him with someone potentially more consistent and a full time starter, in my view. Cockrell seems he can be a decent, capable starting #2 CB.

I keep hearing he has declined but haven't seen it. Nobody had a great season in 2017 except maybe Darkwa if he get a deal longer than one year.

Oh, I mean, I know Cockrell played above expectations...but I think full time starter might be a bit premature. That's kinda why I thought short term, team friendly deal. More than a 1-year deal shows loyalty from the team, though shorter term allows him to strike it big with next deal assuming he outplays the short term deal he signs. I'd go so far as to put incentives in the short term deal that would bring his pay in line with #2s...but I wouldn't put him at a #2 right off the bat.