SportsWrath

Nick Saban wanted, and was offered, the Giants HC job...

Treehugger

Really? We all know Dallas is playing better football than everyone in the division and will most like win the NFC East - unless our offense shows up big time. Lets see which Giants team shows up against the Eagles - Ill form my judgement then. But considering the atrocious playcalling - I really dont understand where this team is going.

I dont understand peoples expectations for this season though.

Heck during the pre-season I think everyone here was screaming about how the Gints would be lucky to win more than 3 games.

Are people expecting that it's playoffs or bust for MacAttack and the team this year?

I have been kinda surprised that McAdoo hasn't been able to do more with the pieces he has since he retained so many members of the staff and has been on staff for the past two seasons. At this point I cannot determine that the failures are a direct result of coaching. Ball security and discipline are examples of bad coaching, play execution is an example of failure by players.

There are a lot of significant factors working in McAdoo's favor for him to be able to win most of the games remaining on the schedule.

They have a strong chance of sitting at 7-3 in two weeks; 6-4 at worst. I've been impressed with the fight his team has, but I'm not sure whether to credit him or the players on that. And there hasn't really been one game where they were significantly outplayed. There was, however, a few games where they should have won by a larger margin, but this is the NFL and winning by more than 7 just doesn't happen too often, anymore.

And at least this team can close out the games they should win...