SportsWrath

Dan Wilkinson

gmenroc

I meant to add my two cents when starting the thread, but I think as for a one or two year deal, it wouldn't be a bad thing. I know virtually nothing of his game, such as whether or not he's more a run-stuffer than pass-rusher or the other way around. But I don't really care what position you play, if you've lasted 12 years in the league, and have seen solid playing time, he wouldn't necessarily be a bad guy to have in the rotation.

I meant to add my two cents when starting the thread, but I think as for a one or two year deal, it wouldn't be a bad thing. I know virtually nothing of his game, such as whether or not he's more a run-stuffer than pass-rusher or the other way around. But I don't really care what position you play, if you've lasted 12 years in the league, and have seen solid playing time, he wouldn't necessarily be a bad guy to have in the rotation.

His nickname was "Big Daddy" Wilkinson... majority of players with nicknames are usually atleast decent

His nickname was "Big Daddy" Wilkinson... majority of players with nicknames are usually atleast decent

Not to mention 'Big Daddy' can be safely assumed to mean big, run stuffer as opposed to nimble, speed rusher.

Not to mention 'Big Daddy' can be safely assumed to mean big, run stuffer as opposed to nimble, speed rusher.

just like Balloonknot said,

"He is a big Bodied linemen that can occupy blockers, Exactley what the G-Men need."

the guy has motivation problems...so it is unlikely that TC would bring him in...

It would be hard to have a motivation problem with Osi, Strahan, LA, Pierce, Sam Madison, and gang to put some fire in your ass

Nobody knows for sure yet what the issue is with Wilkinson, some will assume it's lack of motivation others say he didnt fit Marinelli's scheme. Marinelli likes fast, quick DTs, Wilkinson is a run stuffer who occupys olineman. Yea the type of DT we need. In the '94 draft Wilkinson was actually the first overall pick by the Bengals. Wilkinson also has started 48 straight games for the Lions, that does leave reason to believe there is NO motivation problems. One of the few things to hint around to Wilkinson lacking motivation is he hasnt reported for any of Marinelli's off-season voluntary workouts. Shaun Cody is the player who is now replacing Wilkinson in Detriot, who is a much better fit for Marinelli's D.

It was rumored Wilkinson was contemplating retirement, many think he waited too long to inform the Lions and they decided to move on. To my knowledge Wilkinson hasnt ever publicly stated he is contemplating retirement, it's my understanding that was all speculation because Millen hadn't heard from him.

Guest Dye Job

And it would now allows us to rid ourselves of a fat, slovenly under acheiver first round pick mistake.