SportsWrath

Our tough schedule is a hidden benefit

UK-Giantsfan

Most sane fans and observers who study our tough schedule come to the conclusion that we will finish 10-6.

( some would even say that 9-7 could get us to the playoffs )

Clearly last year we were not 'battle hardened' for the Carolina game , ( and although we were carrying some bad injuries ) our weak schedule had not prepared us to go deep into the playoffs.

Conversely, this year , i think our very tough schedule is a blessing in disguise !

We will get a true test throughout , we will be hardened , and we will go into the playoffs with momentum having played the best opposition available.

The Giants should relish the tough season ahead without any fear.

Guest Floyd The Barber

id say 10-6 / 9-7 is very very optimistic...the NFC has leveled out, and there is such thing called parity...last season was our time to cease the moment (a grotesquetly weak divsion & conference + favorably light schedule). but we didnt...injuries, paired along with a green/weak/scared QB made us a quick exit from the post season...

this season will be much different, we have a championship schedule, and the first half could easily leave us 3-5...

Guest Dye Job
yes Barney ... i think we will lose 6 games

but i think we will win 10

.... then we 'seize the moment' and win playoff games

.... meanwhile your prediction will 'cease' to have any credibility

all the best

UK

Our season' s success hinges on Eli's ability to improve his game. If he continues to play like he did the last half of 2005 and the playoff loss, we'll be lucky to go 7 and 9.

Our season' s success hinges on Eli's ability to improve his game. If he continues to play like he did the last half of 2005 and the playoff loss, we'll be lucky to go 7 and 9.

yes Nutty , of course Eli has to improve , and if he doesn't we will start 0-3 and we will be in trouble !

But it is also totally reasonable to believe that he will be a better QB next season given all the evidence thus far ... and the team as a whole will improve for certain.

10-6 is a fair prediction all things considered.

Guest Carbo

You guys are all cockeyed optimists. 10-6. 9-7. With the Jints schedule, and the huge question mark at the QB position, 6-10 is a more likely scenario. Factor in the possibility of going into their early bye winless, and the potential for a complete collapse as a result, the dismissal of the coaching staff becomes a reality.

I hate the Giants and all their players....GOOOOOO COWBOYS

PS

I let Nutty stick it in my poo hole while Dye stuck it in my mouth as Floyd did him in the can and it all happened for the second time last night...If anyone want in just PM me :TU:

Oh and I have also JO'd to Lemmie's sig

You're argument for strenght of schedule is totally on target. We'll get better with better competition.

The only thing that can be a problem is highly competitive games that result in injury. We also have to find a long-term mental toughness that's hard to find.

We're "episodically" good, but we tend to fall off after a couple of wins, seems like it's always been that way. Perhaps it's the bright lights and the media of the big apple and all the hype that can come with it?

Guest Lockhart
Most sane fans and observers who study our tough schedule come to the conclusion that we will finish 10-6.

Clearly last year we were not 'battle hardened' for the Carolina game , ( and although we were carrying some bad injuries ) our weak schedule had not prepared us to go deep into the playoffs.

Conversely, this year , i think our very tough schedule is a blessing in disguise !

We will get a true test throughout , we will be hardened , and we will go into the playoffs with momentum having played the best opposition available.

Teams with 7-9 records (or worse) don't make the playoffs Einstein.

Guest nosebleed
yes Nutty , of course Eli has to improve , and if he doesn't we will start 0-3 and we will be in trouble !

But it is also totally reasonable to believe that he will be a better QB next season given all the evidence thus far ... and the team as a whole will improve for certain.

10-6 is a fair prediction all things considered.

What??? Did you happen to watch the second half of the season last year??? His passes were off target and disgusting to view, yet he will be better due to the evidence??? Did you witness the Carolina debacle??? Stick you head in some bangers and mash you clown.

I think it'll be really tough for us to make the playoffs this year given Eli plays like he did at the end of last year. He won't just have to improve slightly...more like greatly. Also the defense was nothing to brag about last year (except for creating turnovers) so we need to hope that this whole "excess pass rush" mentallity we are going to have pays off or a lot of teams are going to expose the defense.

Its time you listen to a man of reason.

ME !! :P

The giants schedule can be either a blessing or nightmare!

Lets go to the middle ground. ELi probably has improved some

but other NFC East teams have bolstered there pass rush.

We have a secondary that is basically new playing togther

and none on this board know how that will gel.

LB unit should be better with arrington and better backups but

we have a DT unit that could be a weak link in clogging the run.

can the giants average another 26 pts per game ? maybe maybe not but

with increased parity means more difficult games and injuy for

both sides of course. Much hinges on the sucess of the Giants defense.

As we have seen great offenses (ala the Colts) mean nothing during the

playoff run. If the giants D becomes better than average this year than

expect a strong showing otherwise it could be a medicore season.

Its so early to tell what will happen and not worth arguing over yet!

Save your energy for Sept !!!

;)

What??? Did you happen to watch the second half of the season last year??? His passes were off target and disgusting to view, yet he will be better due to the evidence??? Did you witness the Carolina debacle??? Stick you head in some bangers and mash you clown.

You are the most negative and pathetic of the fag4

( and that is saying something )

i would rather spend a vacation with Carbo ... than read your posts !

Eli will be a great QB

Its a shame you want our team to fail.... fool

Personally i will be supporting the G men all the way to the playoffs and beyond

Cheerio

UK

Guest nosebleed
You are the most negative and pathetic of the fag4

( and that is saying something )

i would rather spend a vacation with Carbo ... than read your posts !

Eli will be a great QB

Its a shame you want our team to fail.... fool

Personally i will be supporting the G men all the way to the playoffs and beyond

Cheerio

UK

You must carry magic dust with you. "Eli will be a great QB". Why is this, because the little wanker from the UK stated this. Please remain in the Piccadilly Circus and drink you warm lager.

If we can be atleast 4-3 or 5-2 by mid-season, we'll kick ass...because the hardest part of the schedule to me is the first 7 games...

Sunday, 9/10 8:15 PM NBC COLTS N/A

Sunday, 9/17 1:00 PM FOX at Eagles N/A

Sunday, 9/24 4:15 PM FOX at Seahawks N/A

Sunday, 10/1 N/A N/A BYE N/A

Sunday, 10/8 1:00 PM FOX REDSKINS N/A

Sunday, 10/15 1:00 PM FOX at Falcons N/A

Monday, 10/23 8:30 PM ESPN at Cowboys N/A

Sunday, 10/29 1:00 PM FOX BUCCANEERS N/A