SportsWrath

Spags Tribute Thread

JMFP

To put 100% of the blame for New Orleans would be ridiculous, but so would be absolving him of all blame.

That's fair. I'd assign him some blame, just not enough to significantly alter my view of what he's capable of doing with a defense in a stable, healthy situation.

-Z

Btw, as the bandwagon grows for Spags and this so called "no name" defense...only the true faithful will be allowed on. There are those who wavered mightily in their faith, and it did not go unnoticed by Big Brother.

You know who you are.

-Z

I know not to dither... I gave Spags his due respect for what he'd achieved with us and wished him well elsewhere... honestly after putting up with Fewel for so many years, it wasn't hard for me to cheer for Spags and wanting him back all those years. I loathed Fewel more than I loathed Gilbride... and that says something. Welcome back Spags... I don't care about winning and losing so much as I care about a team playing its heart out...

How great was it that goal line stand? That alone solidifies my love for Spags.

I know not to dither... I gave Spags his due respect for what he'd achieved with us and wished him well elsewhere... honestly after putting up with Fewel for so many years, it wasn't hard for me to cheer for Spags and wanting him back all those years. I loathed Fewel more than I loathed Gilbride... and that says something. Welcome back Spags... I don't care about winning and losing so much as I care about a team playing its heart out...

How great was it that goal line stand? That alone solidifies my love for Spags.

Unless it screws up our draft pick, right?

Unless it screws up our draft pick, right?

Correct... once your season is down the shitter, then your priorities shift from "winning" to giving young talent much needed hands own experience and preserving your veterans...

I need to see more improvement on our dead last pass defense before I tattooed his name on my ass

If someone wasn't telling you that they had the last ranked pass defense, you would never even guess they did. It really hasn't been a big deal that teams down by 13 are passing on us in the 4th quarter. The more important statistics are out there. Like points against.

How does Spags do so well when he is the Giants d-coord, but as a head coach and d-coord with the saints he was mediocre at best

Because with the Saints, he inherited a defense that was coached by a complete douchebag, and the NFL put the hammer on them.

So, Spags steps in as the parole officer for a unit that had far more (bad) attitude than talent. None of those scumbags bought into what he was trying to do, and so you had an untalented, unresponsive roster. Throw in the fact that their head coach was suspended too, and it was a recipe for disaster.