SportsWrath

Available FA's

Lughead

I figured for sure that the Giants were going to draft S Durell Eskridge - even as early as in the 3rd (which is where I had him in my mock draft - well, 3rd or 4th). Of course, O-diggy was still there in the 3rd somehow and that was a no brainer to grab him. But I certainly thought they'd go after Eskridge rather than Mikkalee Thompson. Then when Eskridge didn't get drafted, he was my number one target for the Giants to go after as an UDFA. But they didn't. And we needed safety help out the ass.

He is the quintessential free safety - tall, physical, and very fast. He came out of school early to join the draft and could've used a little more time to bulk up.

Regardless....we need safety help and he's got real potential.

Cedric Thompson was released in Miami. The Giants worked him out and were said to be very interested. I seriously thought they meant to take Cedric instead of Mykkele. I mentioned him during the draft. He's a great kid too...all Bg Ten academic all-american and team captain

Here is a tweet from Charles James: now Usually when an athlete tweets a tweet such as this it usually means they have a done deal..... but they are not allowed to say it yet. I am also saying that if he has a done deal it doesn't necessarily mean it is with the Giants

Blessed to be alive to see another day #GodIsGood

Cedric Thompson was released in Miami. The Giants worked him out and were said to be very interested. I seriously thought they meant to take Cedric instead of Mykkele. I mentioned him during the draft. He's a great kid too...all Bg Ten academic all-american and team captain

We had the best draft of anytime I can remember this year.

Except when we took Mykkele Thompson. Made no sense then, makes no sense now. That is a real head scratcher and will forever be the blemish on an otherwise, perfect draft. What the hell were they thinking???

I have to believe that the front office is considering a whole lot of players that were cut. We definitely need another OG as our only backups are Jerry and rookie Hart. We also could use upgrades at safety and CB and I would also look at the TE's.

Maybe the Giants accidentally said Mykkele instead of Cedric when they drafted Thompson - like, that reverse psychological thing where you are told, "anyone but (such and such)" and it's the only thing you remember so you end up doing it.....lol

I don't think the Giants are going to commit to another safety until they figure out if they will be able to pull off getting Kam Chancellor first.

Honestly I hope all this Kam talk is just a smoke screen, he's not as good as the media makes him out to be.

He's allowed to play sloppy with having Earl Thomas and the best CB in the game on the same field.

Not to mention his contract will hinder the Giant's more than help them.

There are a few the GIants may look at as per Art STapleton .

Art Stapleton@art_stapleton 39m39 minutes ago

Names that intrigue me 4 possible #Giants claims today: OL David Yankey S Ed Reynolds S Durell Eskridge S Jonathan Meeks CB Charles James

I remember many had Yankey as the best guard coming out of college last year, and he's got the right last name for NY. Ed Reynolds I believe is the son of Ed Reynolds the linebacker who Ray Handley and Rod Rust made room for by cutting Gary Reasons,so fuck him and his shitty old man, but most of all fuck those two horrible coaches.

I remember many had Yankey as the best guard coming out of college last year, and he's got the right last name for NY. Ed Reynolds I believe is the son of Ed Reynolds the linebacker who Ray Handley and Rod Rust made room for by cutting Gary Reasons,so fuck him and his shitty old man, but most of all fuck those two horrible coaches.

Yanky Signed with the Vikings PS I Believe

I remember wanting Eskridge at S on draft day. I'd gladly take a flier on him now.

Louis Nix is, indeed, interesting.

I think what's troubling is that the Giants are actively pursuing the waiver wire. While most teams are going to fine tune their rosters with a move or two here just before the season starts, it just seems to be more necessary for the Giants to fill positions...not so much depth, but they're looking to add players that will likely see time on the field...and that's worrisome to me...again, less than a week away from the first regular season game.