SportsWrath

New Cruz - Beckham Jr ad for Footlocker

Treehugger

lol, I am amped for what will arguably be the best wide receiver corps in the league this year. There are some "ifs", obviously. But I think Cruz will come back strong...maybe not as meteoric as his breakout year but it won't have to be with Beckham and Randle. I was encouraged by Randle's play last year. He has the skills but he isn't always mentally strong.

The big issue this coming season will not be the WRs. It's all about the offensive line and defense.

Offensive line - yes, there is a benefit to the offense that we're running where the ball comes out quickly. That's reassuring. But, that takes Randle out of the equation a little bit given he looks like a long stride kind of runner, not a short stride guy like Cruz or Beckham. That said, Randle is a pretty talented 3rd WR. But back to the line, if they can't run block and we're one dimensional...it could easily turn out to be a .500 season.

Defensively, if we can't stop someone, then we'll be forced to outscore them...which there's a possibility we can do if we're running the ball. But between health and talent on the defensive side...that's as significant a concern as the offensive line until they prove otherwise.

This season is going to be fun to watch. It seems there are literally arguments to be made for a great season, a terrible season, AND an inconsistent season.