SportsWrath

Cuts to 53

UK-Giantsfan

Peyton Hillis is fucking terrible and would not make any other team in the league. He has Tom Coughlin to thank for being allowed on the team to collect a paycheck. Tom likes keeping players way past their usefulness to the detriment of developmental players with upside like Cox, Gaskins, or any other young running back on the waiver wire right now.

Yet he can block and plays tough which Coughlin does appreciate and for a very good reason. Wish the same could be said about those young RBs on the waiver wire.

We just don't need a big back that struggles to get two yards because he can block. We need a change of pace back, that can also log receptions out of the backfield. Dion Lewis would if been great

Idk man.. it seems every time Peyton Hillis got the ball on short yardage situations, he got us just enough to get the first down... which is all anyone can ask for.. beats the fuck out of tip-toeing Jacobs.

Idk man.. it seems every time Peyton Hillis got the ball on short yardage situations, he got us just enough to get the first down... which is all anyone can ask for.. beats the fuck out of tip-toeing Jacobs.

Totally different offense now though...well supposedly. A blocking back does nothing in the WCO, hence getting the ball out quicker

Totally different offense now though...well supposedly. A blocking back does nothing in the WCO, hence getting the ball out quicker

That maybe true but it doesn't mean we'll get the ball out quicker 100% of the time either... And there will always be a need for that bulldozing RB on down and short.

We just don't need a big back that struggles to get two yards because he can block. We need a change of pace back, that can also log receptions out of the backfield. Dion Lewis would if been great

Exactly, we've got two big backs that are ahead of Hillis. Both can block. Both are more akin to power runners. I would have loved to see us get a guy like Bryce Brown. The 4th round pick the Bills gave up may have been a little steep, though.

Yes, but he's not a 3rd down change of pace back. There will lots of RB screens in McAdoo's offense

Once again isnt this why Jennings is on the squad?

He was running the screen really well in the pre-season.

Let's not forget the Giant's and most of the NFL dont have an "starting" RB anymore, I wouldnt be surprised to see Jennings and Williams split most the carries almost 50/50 by years end.

Even if Cox/Gaskins were on the gameday rosters, I wouldnt want either of them taking carries away from Williams.

Once again isnt this why Jennings is on the squad?

He was running the screen really well in the pre-season.

Let's not forget the Giant's and most of the NFL dont have an "starting" RB anymore, I wouldnt be surprised to see Jennings and Williams split most the carries almost 50/50 by years end.

Even if Cox/Gaskins were on the gameday rosters, I wouldnt want either of them taking carries away from Williams.

Jennings runs a 4.6, he's not a change of pace back. I honestly think Jennings is a 3 down back, personally. But like you say, the way things will go is we will see Jennings and Williams split the carries, I see Jennings getting the lion share, still, but there would be absolutely no reason to give Peyton Hillis goalline or even 3rd down carries over either Jennings or Williams, so why is Hillis on the roster?

The thing is though, is MacAttack is bringing the Green Bay offence or elements of it over, then guys like Williams and Hillis are going to excell.

Heck most of the time on third down John Kuhn (a big blocking back) was lined up next to Rodgers.

Jennings runs a 4.6, he's not a change of pace back. I honestly think Jennings is a 3 down back, personally. But like you say, the way things will go is we will see Jennings and Williams split the carries, I see Jennings getting the lion share, still, but there would be absolutely no reason to give Peyton Hillis goalline or even 3rd down carries over either Jennings or Williams, so why is Hillis on the roster?

The problem I see it is, people think that a "change of pace" back you need to have a one, two combo of speed and strength. The Giants did perfectly well with Bradshaw and Jacobs as the backs, infact when we had two 1000 yard backs in Jacobs and Ward (both power backs)

Bradshaw and Jennings are almost the exact same back in every way, and Williams the more powerful uphill runner is just going to get better in time.

Hillis is on the roster because he has proven that he can play in the NFL, Cox hasnt shown a single thing and is on the practice squad since he's been with the Giants for a year, plus he's there if/when Jennings/Williams/Hillis get hurt.

Gaskins won't make any teams roster or practice squad this year.

The thing is though, is MacAttack is bringing the Green Bay offence or elements of it over, then guys like Williams and Hillis are going to excell.

Heck most of the time on third down John Kuhn (a big blocking back) was lined up next to Rodgers.

Kuhn is the fb though, I'm thinking a James Starks type, A jitterburg type back that can break a long run

Kuhn is the fb though, I'm thinking a James Starks type, A jitterburg type back that can break a long run