SportsWrath

Eli Progress

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/peyton-eli-manning-started-throwing-football-blog-entry-1.1779162

Peyton: Eli Manning has started throwing the football
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Sunday, May 4, 2014, 3:05 PM
According to Manning’s older brother Peyton, the Giants’ franchise cornerstone has already started throwing the football. Both Manning brothers were guests in Derek Jeter’s suite at Yankee Stadium for the Bombers game against the Red Sox on Sunday.
“He feels good,” Peyton Manning said of Eli. “He was doing some light throwing the other day, obviously just kind of upper-body stuff.”
Peyton seemed to indicate that Eli wasn’t stepping into his throws, but it’s all progress, and it’s part of swift progress from the QB. When the injury first happened, Manning said doctors told him it might be six weeks until he was running, and Giants sources indicated the club would take things slowly. Just last week, Giants GM Jerry Reese announced that Manning would sit out the entire spring.
But his rehab seems to be going well. Last week, in a promotional video released by Steiner Sports, the quarterback declared that he was off crutches and out of his walking boot, and that he’d started running. And he’s apparently keeping his arm prepared for action, too.
Despite Manning’s progress, the Giants are committed to taking things slowly with their now-33-year-old QB. Peyton Manning said his brother was “disappointed” by that, but he understands.
“He’s disappointed he’s got to miss some of the OTAs, but it’s better than missing games during the season,” Peyton said. “So it was the right thing to do.”
Peyton added that Eli Manning “threw the ball well down at Duke” during the brother’s yearly passing camp, and that he “looked good.” He added that the April surgery was preemptive, because Dr. Robert Anderson, who performed the surgery, thought a debridement might be necessary during the season.
“Just the doctor thought this might pop up in the fall,” Peyton said. “Might as well knock it out now. It’s hard to do, but it was the right thing to do, and I know he (Eli) will be excited once he can get back out there.”

Eli running? It would be the first time in 10 years...

And risk his dumb ass slides and fumble the ball? I'd rather he take a sack than try to run.

I've just seen times he really had a safe run and could have kept the drive going. But yeah, protecting the ball isn't one of his better skills.

And risk his dumb ass slides and fumble the ball? I'd rather he take a sack than try to run.

Oh god Eli sliding face first n sideways and fumbles untouched ... Pass the ball but not to the opposing team.