SportsWrath

Brewer - like him at guard.

JMFP

I think he'll develop into a decent drive blocking guard, but his future at OT is finished.

He probably had the bulk to handle simple bull rushers on the college level, but lacks the instincts and footwork to handle professional edge rushers.....in space, at OT, it's downright scary to watch.

But line him inside at guard, and let him fire out, and he has some upside.....6-6 and 323 coming out of college, the kid is a big boy.

Joe, spot on. I was really impressed with Brewer inside. Not so much at tackle. He could be the heir apparent to Snee, we'll see.

If you guys are saying Brewer is good at Guard then our starting OL is set... Beaty, Brewer, Boothe, Snee, Pugh... I do think Boothe is a better center than Baas.

Nas, I know we've talked about it before, and disagreed about this, but I think some people think because Boothe has been so good at Guard, that he is a better player than Baas at Center. And while I think Baas would not be as good as a LG than Boothe, Baas is definitely the better C. Baas is a consistent snapper, he's got the timing, and the tenacity for it. Boothe, when pressed into center duty, has struggled getting good snaps to Eli, particularly in the Shotgun. And I think he's a more effective blocker at OG, where he doesn't have to worry about the snap before engaging the defender.

Nas, I know we've talked about it before, and disagreed about this, but I think some people think because Boothe has been so good at Guard, that he is a better player than Baas at Center. And while I think Baas would not be as good as a LG than Boothe, Baas is definitely the better C. Baas is a consistent snapper, he's got the timing, and the tenacity for it. Boothe, when pressed into center duty, has struggled getting good snaps to Eli, particularly in the Shotgun. And I think he's a more effective blocker at OG, where he doesn't have to worry about the snap before engaging the defender.

Yea I understand we have our disagreement here... much like anything you'd have to get used to snapping the ball again if that's not what you do on a regular basis....

Brewer for Snee, not Boothe? Wow... thats high praise for Boothe.

I would still have Boothe there at LG. And not this year... just a reflection that Chris Snee is 31 years old, coming off a poor season where he struggled with injuries. I think he'll bounce back, but if he doesn't, I think Brewer is a guy that could be the long term answer once Snee is no longer able to play at the level we're accustomed to.