SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

Yeah no thanks, they have dropped to League 1 before and had a hard time coming back up. I'm very afraid for this club. Last year was maddening, but I truly still think that Harry was the right person for the job. After their playoff final win, he should have stepped aside and stayed on as something else. I think they were doomed when they brought in Les Ferdinand as DOF, but in the long run, it should work out. Its just going to take a while to re-tool. They will probably spend and buy youth, because they don't have the resources to develop them as teenagers at the moment. If they manage to avoid a massive FFP fine and transfer embargo, I can see them making a run in two years. They just have to buy the right talent and get rid of the dead wood. A lot of the dead wood comes off soon.

They need the right manager. Too many old farts making a last paycheck. It hasn't worked.

You know who might do the job and he was just fired at Villa, Paul Lambert. Did a hell of a job getting Southampton up, he just had his ego knocked back a peg after doing the stupid thing and leaving the Saints.

I like Lambert, but his style is kind of boring. Total different Villa team with Sherwood, but really Bentieke saved them. I don't even know if Sherwood could have saved QPR. I think he would have been a better option than Ramsey, but I think they were sick of paying coaches. I expect that they either keep Ramsey (hope not) or it will be Warburton from Brentford.

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:04 PM

jranieli, on 05 May 2015 - 3:22 PM, said:snapback.png

there is no way Rangers beat Newcastle, no fucking way.

JR ....i think that QPR will beat Newcastle .......but it will be too late ( i bet you 1 beer )

..............you owe me a beer JR ......... classic

It's too bad that Newcastle are probably going to be safe. Probably besides QPR, they are deserving to go down. I guess add Hull to that list also. Good team on paper, but don't know why they couldn't put it together. Burnley are the only team I would have to say that don't deserve to go down. Hard working team, but just not good enough for this level.

Don't really know what to think of this. He inherited a shit team and had some pretty good games and had some really bad ones. He did a lot of good things like getting the most out of Matty Phillips and Fer, but those performances against City and Crystal Palace were embarrassing.

I think the off season is going to be one of the most interesting for Rangers in a long time. I have no idea what kind of targets they are going to go after. Lots of players coming off the books and they probably will sell Austin, Fer, Caulker, and/or Phillips for a nice chunk of change. Plus they have that 20-25% sell on fee for Sterling and I am sure they will net over 10M for that. They have to be careful and not deplete the squad though.

I wonder what Liverpool will get for Sterling. I am hoping as much as possible, really need to offset the FFP fine.

Well to his credit, half his team was injured and didn't have any decent strikers. They should have walked the Championship this year, still no excuses. He'll go to Newcastle and hopefully get them relegated next year.

i've just got a ticket for Hull v Man Utd tomorrow.

Can the Tigers win 1-0 and perform the great escape ?

i doubt it ....but you never know. ( i cant see Newcastle getting more than a point at home to West Ham )

JR .......you must be in shock !

QPR are promoted to the PREMIERSHIP

That's all folks. Very sad and a year ago it was so great.

Hull is the other team. They deserved to win that game today, UK. Seemed like a great game to be at before the second Newcastle goal.

Hull deserved to win the game today 3-0 .............they gave everything ......they just couldnt score ........Valdes made a couple of outstanding saves in the first half and Hull had 2 goals disallowed for offside ( which was correct )

Fellaini deserved that red card for that horrible challenge. To be honest Utd were a very poor side today. They hardly had a shot on goal all game long.

But in the end ......if you cant score goals in the last 10 games of the season you deserve to go down ( same as QPR )

( as for Liverpool ....i heard they were 0-5 down at half time v Stoke ......Jesus we are in freefall ....good job the season is over ).

Better luck to our teams next season ....this one has been dismal !

Regards

UK

I hope it wasn't a mistake in extending Ramsey for 3 years. I am pretty worried after today. So many players out of contract and some going to be sold. There are going to be so many new faces but how can they not be contenders for dropping again? I think they are ripe for it. Harry was the right man to right the ship, but I don't know about Ramsey. Fans are really freaking out and are all over Fernandes and Ramsey. The next few weeks are going to be the most important in the clubs history.

Yeah Liverpool was poor, what a horrible way to send off Gerrard. I don't know if Hull will be able to keep that squad together, but they should be favorites to go back up. Kind of like Norwich of this year.

• 3 weeks later...

UK, are you a big Tea drinker? Anything good that you recommend? I have been drinking Typhoo and really enjoy that one. I also have a box of Rose Red, but it doesn't even compare to Typhoo. BTW, I don't like it with milk. I am/was a big coffee drinker, but it was killing my stomach and my doctor told me to cut down on it a little, because of all the acid my stomach produces i miss it a lot though, but my stomach is very thankful during the work day.

• 3 weeks later...