SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

Yeah I agree. There just might be too much to overcome. Still only there points off from Villa, so anything can happen. So they have Palace, Everton, West Brom, Chelsea, Villa, West Ham, Liverpool, City, New Castle, and Leicester. It is not impossible to get 4 wins from those 7 games against subpar teams. Ramsey has to start picking a better squad and go for it. I am not giving up hope yet.

dont give up hope JR .........i still think there are probably 3 teams worse than QPR ( just not sure which 3 they are yet ! ). Shame that you couldn't have grabbed a point against Spurs yesterday ....and i didn't think you played badly against Arsenal in midweek either. I have tickets for the Liverpool v QPR game on May 2nd......should be fun !

Liverpool have good shape and look well organised now. The return of Sturridge has been the catalyst and we are now playing with confidence. It would be nice to win the FA Cup and grab 4th ......who knows ?

Man U continue to grind out results whilst looking pretty awful. I watched that Newcastle game on Wed evening and it was of a very poor standard. I didnt think the " spitting " incident amounted to much either. It should be a good Cup atmosphere on Monday night at Old Trafford v Arsenal

At least they are in better position last time. What they were about 8 points out two years ago at this stage? If they play the same as they did against Spurs against these bottom teams, I think they can put up some good results. We shall see.

Yeah Liverpool can definitely sneak into 4th. Really have been playing a hell of a lot better since the New Year.

Have you seen the table for the Championship? 4 teams tied with 66 and then Norwich at 65. I am going with Derby and Bournemouth with automatic places and Norwich to win the playoff. A real shame about Wigan and even more with Blackpool. Seriously, I know you want Liverpool to win, but I am hoping for Villa to take it and it ends up cursing them.

How about League 1, Fleetwood 2 points off from a playoff spot. I like to follow them, seems like a great story. Well not great, but an interesting one. What they have been promoted the 3 out of 4 years I think? Ok, I looked that up, 6 promotions in 10 years.

We have no aura at all, we used to, but none now. No-one fears us, why should they. We don't shoot, we don't create chances to shoot. Our defending was fucking amateur like.

We play teams in a fashion that after 10 minutes any lack of confidence they might have had is completely gone. Fergie didn't let that happen.

Again, what did David Moyes do so wrong spending less than half the money of Van Gaal. Fact is Feilani might be the only impact player we have now because of his aerial threat and Moyes bought him. That's it, we cannot create chances on the ground worth a fuck.

Well it looks like Villa will be safe. Sunderland is crap and so is Rangers. 4 points from safety. Really depressing how bad they are. Fans got what they asked for when they called for Harry to go. I don't know if he could have saved them. Realistically it's far from over, but they are pretty much done. 4 teams in the race now. Burnley could get lucky.

Watching United now, 3-0. Need this result after what happened City yesterday.

Hey UK, going back to Ireland on the 27th for 10 days. I'm still trying to see if I can get across to see the Villa game but it's looking unlikely at this point, I'll be on the west coast. Looks like I'm going to have to bring the lad to watch Sligo Rovers on good Friday if I want t get my soccer fix in while I'm back there. League of Ireland is like Division 2 weak, but at least it's something.

Next year, I have a pipe dream going here that for next years spring break, I might go back to England for a 4 day stretch with the lad and see if we can get in 1-2 games at OT and then with at leaast 8-9 teams in the greater manchester area get in another game somewhere. When I went back a few years ago, I got in a Friday night game at Macclesfield before the Sat game at OT and I was supposed to get in a reserve game but they cancelled it. I figure if I go back I want as big an experience as possible,

I agree JR ....... Football management over here is pathetic. Most of them are overpaid idiots who can't string an intelligent sentence together without using dreadful cliches . The owners are even worse ! Most of the fans are illiterate morons too. It's a shame because it is a beautiful game.

( sorry to rant ...... Having a bad day )

Uk, thought we were the better team today. Surprised at Gerrard but he had to go and Sktel will be lucky if he doesn't get something also. As soon as Di Maria came on it started going south. mata has to play the rest of the season, him Herrera and Carrick are holding the middle together. Feiliani has been an impact player the last month, more like his Everton form. Smalling has been playing great.

As for Liverpool, when Gerrard went off why didn't they bring Lucas on?. Didn't Rodgers want to seal down that midfield by bringing Gerrard on?. Bringing Balotelli on to me made no fucking since and he should have gotten a yellow for the rake on Jones. Rooney should have a yellow for the foul on Mignolet, that was stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool have fallen to pieces .............( it looks like the top 4 are now secure ).

How did QPR manage to score 4 away goals JR ?......crazy stuff ( Hull and Villa could get dragged into this bloodbath ).

Man U are getting some good results .......im still not convinced about their style of football. ( the next 2 games v Chelsea and City will be a big test ! )

At least if they go down, they try fighting. They look like a different team and I am happy with the way they are playing. They deserved a point from today. It's still not over yet. 5 games to go. I think I'd they can manage two wins and a few draws , it can happen. Sadly I think it just might be too late. They need a lot of luck though. I think Sunderland will go down and Hull has a a really hard next few games. Kind of wish Harry was let go earlier when there was plenty of time.