SportsWrath

Draft Grade

Virginia Giant

I grade you a big F for berating me :LMAO:

Kidding aside, there's a lot to like in this draft, but also some not to like.

Pugh will be a decent player, but was a reach at 19.

The Hankins pick at 49 was fantastic, I really like him.

Moore at 81 is a great value pick. Somewhat of a boom or bust player, but at 81, the risk is absolutely worth it.

The move for Nassib has me scratching my head, but I'm ok with it as it's only a fourth rounder.

Taylor, Herman, and Cox are intriguing prospects, and I think they will all find a way to make the roster and contribute in some way.

Overall, I give the giants a B. They had a good, solid draft.

I read somewhere the dude allowed 1/2 a sack his entire collegiate career... to say he's a reach at 19 maybe in the eyes of the beholder. Who knows who we were going for... remember the 9ers jumped in front of us to pick a safety.... I'm very happy with Pugh... very.

I read somewhere the dude allowed 1/2 a sack his entire collegiate career... to say he's a reach at 19 maybe in the eyes of the beholder. Who knows who we were going for... remember the 9ers jumped in front of us to pick a safety.... I'm very happy with Pugh... very.

Yeah...Pugh made it his life's mission to make sure Nassib never got sacked. He is willing to get killed to stop the QB from getting hit. And considering he was the only one on the line worthy of All-Pro status, that's pretty impressive that he only allowed a 1/2 sack all year. Wasn't like he had a lot of help.

Here's a shot of him protecting Nassib:

130427192230_nassibandpughstory_single_image_cut.jpg

You don't have to be right even half the time to be considered an expert, just have to make everyone think you are. Yes that means most of us are also experts.

Fuck Mel Kiper Jr. I've never seen a guy be wrong more times at his job and still be considered an "expert"

Me too, no one would of said Fluker was a reach there and I think, Pugh is better, and some would say Fluker is the better roadgrader, but Pugh had 288 knockdowns, avg of something like 8.5 a game, all 3 years he started, Syracuse, Had a 1000 yard rusher, plus Fluker was pigeonholed on the right side only.

First year in many I really didn't pay attention to the draft because I felt it wasn't going to be a flashy for us as far as some stud defensive player or speedy receiver. We needed solid players who could contribute in september in the trenches and we drafted three great players in Pugh, Hankins and Moore.

Skip over comparing them to other NFL players and I still see 4 guys who could potentially play a big role on our team over the next 5 years. Giants moving up for Ryan Nassib was best player available on the board and its a great pick even if he never starts a game the next 4 years.

Cooper Taylor, Eric Herman and Michael Cox... :confused:

Thats is how I see everyone after round 4. Could easily have been street free agents.