SportsWrath

KillaKyle's Mock Draft (3/18)

KiLLaKyLe

Some have Cooper rated higher then Warmack, based on ceiling, no way is he the 30th best prospect. We currently don't have a LG, Cooper starts day one.

Cooper really is a stud. I really really like him. I agree he's a day 1 starter as well. Would make the loss of Boothe easier.

I'd even go Cooper round 1, Barrett Jones round 2.

We need OL bad.

Beatty is here for future I think. Minimum 3 years.

Boothe maybe gone.

Bass and Snee are aging and overpaid.

Diehl is just pathetic.

Brewer is an unknown.

We should attack OL head on. Especially since we have an aging Eli.

Most experts don't have Carradine as a first rounder yet, even if the handful you cherry picked do. And even with a great workout, he's likely going in the bottom of the first, and if he doesn't work out stellar, anywhere from the middle of the second the early 3rd, depending on the medical, assuming it will be at least projected to be stable by regular season.

Don't get me wrong, I fully expect Carradine to be an impact player in the NFL. A very good player. But he tore his ACL. Regardless of how great the medical looks, he still tore it, and has a surgery in that knee. That's increased risk, because if he tears the same one again, it's a much harder road to come back, and that's an IF he can come back. You can't change that fact, no matter how good of a player he is. And it's the increased risk that will have him towards the back end of the first at best, even if he has a great work out on April 20th, and even if he clears medical. I think you're going to eat your words about Montgomery being picked before him.

BTW, I wasn't comparing Gholston to Carradine. I'm not impressed by Gholston. I was using him as an example that Mayock had him ranked as a 3-4 DE only, which he's not. A player like Gholston could play a 4-3 end in the NFL no problem, just like he did in college. So I was using that example to say that if Mayock ranked a guy like Gholston as a 4-3 end, that might also affect where he has Carradine. That's not to say Mayock's word is gospel, and not to say that I give a crap about Gholston.

But here's what I do know... outside of Carradine, there are accomplished, productive pass rushers that haven't had an ACL surgery on a knee, that didn't miss their 2012 season, that are first round picks. And that is going to push Carradine down the draft board. I think the Giants are going to draft Warmack if he's there, btw, and if he's not, maybe DJ Fluker, unless Bjoern Werner or Sheldon Richardson unexpectedly slips down draft boards. Desmond Trufant or Xavier Rhodes are other possibilities. I do think that DE is a good possibility, though, and who knows, maybe it will be Carradine, just saying I'd be very surprised only because knee has already been under the knife for major surgery.

The list I pulled was just from what I saw when scrolling through twitter. I've seen plenty of experts with him as a first round grade. The major complication is how well he performs at his workout. I'd love to be able to grab him in the 2nd like you mentioned, I just don't see that happening. The ACL is a major factor when it comes to his draft status, but it's not like the Giants have never drafted anyone high who had a previous knee injury.

As for the Gholston-Carradine, I wasn't comparing the actual players, just the roles I see them fitting in the NFL. I don't see a 4-3 team drafting Gholston to play DE when he fits better in a 3-4, IMO.

I have a feeling that all of the DTs I would draft at 19 (Floyd, Star, Richardson) will be gone. There will also be a run on pass rushers (Ziggy, Jordan, Werner, Jones, Mingo) gone by 19. At least, this is just the way I see it. I'd love to be able to trade down and still get Tank later in the first. I think this would also be a great idea in order to grab Arthur Brown and gain some picks. As for at the 19th pick, I'd love to get either of the guards. Warmack would be a great anchor in the running game and Cooper would just be a stud all around the line. I love the fact that Cooper can play center, because I don't know how much longer I can put up with Baas. I wouldn't mind Trufant either, but with Miami and Tampa Bay severely needing CBs, I'm worried they might not be there. We also already have solid depth at CB. There isn't much room on the depth chart for playing time.

I'm almost certain the first round pick is going to be a DE. Maybe someone great slips, but I honestly don't think Tank would be a reach at 19. I'd love some OL help, but it's much easier to find help there than it is DE later in the draft.

I already took off work for day 2 of the draft.

Just gonna sit at home and watch the draft in my jizz stained gym shorts and an post SB 46 white tee. While eating crap and masturbating ruthlessly to pictures of our rookies.

Will be working day 3 though.

Of the five safeties you mentioned, I really don't feel completely comfortable starting any of them. Rolle and Stevie are below-average in coverage, and Hill is very unproven. Mundy and Sash are essentially just special teams players who can play as an in-the-box safety. Any other role and they will be exposed. Honestly, out of the five, I'd say that Will Hill is the only one who I can see being a starter on this team in three years. I think the Giants have more depth at CB than S with Webby-Prince-Hosley-Ross-T2. That's a formidable group with solid depth and players with starting experience across the board. Not a huge fan of Alford. I like him, but he is being hyped off of his forty time and I don't like the fact that he played against worse competition in college.

Not a fan of Nico Johnson for the Giants. Nico seems like he would fit best as a 3-4 thumper, not in the middle of a 4-3 defense where you need to run sideline-to-sideline and be asked to cover TEs and RBs constantly. Nico may be pro-ready, just not for this scheme.

I was actually debating between Thornton and Winters with my pick. I ultimately went Winters because I feel like he has higher potential and the Giants have set up a pre-draft meeting with him. I'd be ecstatic with either in the 5th round though.

I think people should really lighten up to the idea of safety in the draft. Maybe not the first round, but there is tons of great safety talent in this draft. Rolle is entering his 4th year of a 5 year deal, and Stevie is going to be a FA after this year. Giants need to make moves at this position because there isn't two future starters on this roster right now. One late-round S prospect who has gotten a ton of attention today is Cooper Taylor. He's 6'4", 230 lbs, ran somewhere between 4.45-4.55 in today's pro-day, and had a faster 3-cone drill than Milliner. Could be a steal late. I haven't put any research into him, but intriguing prospect.

Your argument against Will Hill as unproven can be applied to any draft pick, even those that are the highest rated. Brown proved himself last season with the interceptions and as such, deserves the chance to do so for a second season. I will agree that Sash is primarily a special teamer, as is Mundy for the most part. Mundy is intriguing simply because he played for Pittsburgh, a defense recognized almost every year. I think he has something to offer, but how much of it we'll see, I can't really say. I'm not anti-safety in the draft, but I don't see it in the 3rd round.

For CB, Webster had a poor year last year and is entering the last year of his deal, except a player option year in 2014 (per spotrac.com). If he doesn't rebound on a poor season, I don't see the Giants bring him back. With Prince already being the better CB and another year under Hosely's belt, I think moving on after Webster is a distinct possibility after this season. However, you have to replenish the ranks under Hosely and Prince to maintain that depth. Ross, while a good depth move, is certainly not a long term answer.

As for Nico Johnson, I like him for his run stuffing ability. I like Jon Bostic out of Florida too. I don't necessarily anticipate either being a 3rd down guy, which I think the Giants would be fine with given their 3 safety look. My concern with Bostic is that he may have already reached his potential. I don't get the impression there's much upside on him. I'd entertain Kiko Alonso too, but his off the field issues are a source of concern...especially given a place like New York giving him every opportunity to make poor choices.

Cooper really is a stud. I really really like him. I agree he's a day 1 starter as well. Would make the loss of Boothe easier.

I'd even go Cooper round 1, Barrett Jones round 2.

We need OL bad.

Beatty is here for future I think. Minimum 3 years.

Boothe maybe gone.

Bass and Snee are aging and overpaid.

Diehl is just pathetic.

Brewer is an unknown.

We should attack OL head on. Especially since we have an aging Eli.

Dude, if we lose Boothe I'd be one upset fuck... I'm telling you.. the guy is a solid solid solid back up. Can't stress that enough.

On an unrelated Note.. how much is interesting is Osi generating?

Dude, if we lose Boothe I'd be one upset fuck... I'm telling you.. the guy is a solid solid solid back up. Can't stress that enough.

On an unrelated Note.. how much is interesting is Osi generating?

Little to none, the DE market is flooded this year and no teams are on the look for an DE.

Most will build through the draft, and guys like Dumervil and Harrison and much much better then Osi.

I expect Osi to get a call closer to the start of training camp, when guys start to get hurt and teams start to snag up whoever from the left over FA pool.

I read that there were two teams sniffing around Osi, but that the general consensus was that his demands were out of reach for those teams and they were waiting for his price to come down. Dumervil's screwup certainly kills Osi's value.

I want to say it Miami was one and the other was St. Louis, Seattle, or maybe New England...I was interested myself and simply googled "Osi Umenyiora interest" and got the bits of info I was able to get.

Clearly, Osi is too high on himself and needs the reality check that teams leaguewide are seemingly willing to give him.

I read that there were two teams sniffing around Osi, but that the general consensus was that his demands were out of reach for those teams and they were waiting for his price to come down. Dumervil's screwup certainly kills Osi's value.

I want to say it Miami was one and the other was St. Louis, Seattle, or maybe New England...I was interested myself and simply googled "Osi Umenyiora interest" and got the bits of info I was able to get.

Clearly, Osi is too high on himself and needs the reality check that teams leaguewide are seemingly willing to give him.

Exactly what I was getting at.