SportsWrath

I watched our 2011 Team play the Super Bowl, shocking

JackStroud

Shocking how motivated that team was, how physical and competent in comparison to the team in 2012 which just seemed to want to go through the motions but for the SFO game and handfull of others.

The plays that stand out for me were the play of JPP, and Arron Ross.......both were at the top of their games in 2011

Ross left and JPP was a shadow of his rookie self

I know, right? They were sleepwalking through the season opener against Dallas and only woke up a few times during the season.

That's what's going to stick with me about the Coughlin era when it's over -- wasted potential and inexplicable sleepwalking when they weren't flipping the switch in December.

I know, right? They were sleepwalking through the season opener against Dallas and only woke up a few times during the season.

That's what's going to stick with me about the Coughlin era when it's over -- wasted potential and inexplicable sleepwalking when they weren't flipping the switch in December.

really?

That's whats going to stick with you about the Coughlin era when it's over?

What's going to stick with me is the Super Bowl wins.

Jeeezus.

Coughlin is a good coach but hard for modern players to line up behind

He had the perfect combo with Spags to motivate people..........Febble-Well is a meal best served cold

Teh Giants must keep a co-ordinator of color though for Rooney reasons.......they should grab Romeo Crennell if that is the case........Gilbride is secretly married to Coughlin in a J Edgar Hoover kind of way.

really?

Jeeezus.

Thus "when they weren't flipping the switch in December."

Outside of those two SB wins (and they were miraculous, don't get me wrong) this team's history under Coughlin is one of epic collapse in the worst possible spots. Or did you forget how the 2012 season ended already?

6-2 start every season, annual collapses, sub .500 2nd half record, one home playoff win... Don't get me wrong, the SB wins are great, but this has got to be the most jekyl-and-hyde team ever, and nobody has any idea how to fix it.

I remember Parcells' teams for their character and mental toughness more than for the SB wins -- the SB wins are a result of the former. I will remember Coughlin's teams for their annual collapses and choke jobs.

I was describing the team to a foreigner who doesn't follow (American) football and had to say, when they are "on" they can beat anybody, the problem is they aren't always "on" and can also lose to anybody, and badly.

Outside of those two SB wins (and they were miraculous, don't get me wrong) this team's history under Coughlin is one of epic collapse in the worst possible spots. Or did you forget how the 2012 season ended already?

6-2 start every season, annual collapses, sub .500 2nd half record, one home playoff win... Don't get me wrong, the SB wins are great, but this has got to be the most jekyl-and-hyde team ever, and nobody has any idea how to fix it.

I remember Parcells' teams for their character and mental toughness more than for the SB wins -- the SB wins are a result of the former. I will remember Coughlin's teams for their annual collapses and choke jobs.

I was describing the team to a foreigner who doesn't follow (American) football and had to say, when they are "on" they can beat anybody, the problem is they aren't always "on" and can also lose to anybody, and badly.

:clap:

And this is what pains me... this team could have been a dynasty... it had all the ingredients... but one choke after another and we have what we have. Of course the SB were magical... but I'm not going to sit there and say I'm satisfied because in my eyes, they underachieved.

really?

Jeeezus.

God forbid people are happy with a SB win, let alone two.

Let's ask the Bills how they feel about being a "dynasty" and making it to four SBs in a row without a single one to take home.

Injuries play a large part in the "annual collapse" Decimation in the defensive backfield or the thin Linebacker corps usually coincided with the losing streaks. I think you should say when this team is healthy, they can beat anybody.

Injuries play a large part in the "annual collapse" Decimation in the defensive backfield or the thin Linebacker corps usually coincided with the losing streaks. I think you should say when this team is healthy, they can beat anybody.

Pfft, being a Giants fan is such bullshit, we are easily the worst team in the league.

We should all become Falcons fans, atleast they are competitive and dont collapse like the Giants, they are obviously much more successful of an NFL franchise the the Giants ever will be.

Shocking how motivated that team was, how physical and competent in comparison to the team in 2012 which just seemed to want to go through the motions but for the SFO game and handfull of others.

The plays that stand out for me were the play of JPP, and Arron Ross.......both were at the top of their games in 2011

Ross left and JPP was a shadow of his rookie self

2012, for some reason Fewell frequently moved JPP to the left and to the middle of the line, which isn't his bread and butter. JPP needs to be lined up strictly at the RDE position. He can do inside stunts of course, but don't line him up over or near the center, and don't line him up at LDE... he's clearly much more effective at RDE. Watch tape of him left vs. right side of the line; it's night vs. day.

This is one factor that attracts me to DE Alex Okafor in this years draft. Okafor is a LDE and can compliment JPP nicely, plus Tuck is getting old and is injury prone.