SportsWrath

FAB 4 2006 Giant Draft Recap

Guest Lockhart

Guest Lockhart

Let's recap this disaster called the Giants 2006 draft

1. Idi Amin - some guy from BC who the ESPN cast gasped at when drafted.

2. Sinorice Moss - EA keeping with his "little brother" collection - also good as Santa's helper at Xmas parties.

3. Ferris Bueller - conned his way into the draft as a linebacker

4. Barry Cofield -Who? ..........he played DE too.

5. Guy Whimper - his name says it all.

6. Jeepers Peepers - the nerd on the Alabama football team

This is beyond pitiful!

Edited by Lockhart

2. Sinorice Moss - EA keeping with his "little brother" collection - also good as Santa's helper at Xmas parties.

6. Chuck Peepers - the nerd on the Alabama football team

This is beyond pitiful!

You are beyond pitiful Lockjaw !

Guest Carbo

This is beyond pitiful!

:P I mean, c'mon! An offensive lineman named Whimper?? That's downright embarrassing! Can you hear the announcers having all sorts of fun with that as he and Luke alternate jumping offsides this season. :P

So, who is in line for EA's job after his much anticipated retirement? Will the Jints bring in new blood, or recycle some good ol' boy clone?

Guest Carbo
The fact that you are baseing most of your judgment on the players names shows how little football knowledge you posses...
Humor gets me through these trying times.

This is beyond pitiful!

I don't get it... he's supposedly a solid o-line prospect.

My god can you back up your statements any less?

i was pissed when my fins drafted Safety Jason Allen in the first round because of the hip injury.

When i heard about Mathias, I didn't feel too bad.

....you reached and grabbed a CB/FS 'tweener who has be reported by more than one source to have a degenerative hip condition....

....We grabbed a very smart and very athletic pass rushing DE to one day take over for our aging left end.....

and you think your pick was better?

Edited by shockjock

....you reached and grabbed a CB/FS 'tweener who has be reported by more than one source to have a degenerative hip condition....

....We grabbed a very smart and very athletic pass rushing DE to one day take over for our aging left end.....

and you think your pick was better?

why do u draft a DE in the first round when u have the best ends in football already with strahan and umenyiora. I'm not saying a DE isnt good to draft, but not in the first round. You were gonna take aWR anyway, should have taken chad jackson.

and about our picks, I am never going to question nick saban for a while. Last year's draft was amazing. Ronnie Brown, Channing Crowder, Matt Roth, and Travis Daniels all cracked the starting lineup. Saban knows how to draft. I dont think Allen was the best available pick, but if Saban thinks it, i back him all the way

why do u draft a DE in the first round when u have the best ends in football already with strahan and umenyiora. I'm not saying a DE isnt good to draft, but not in the first round. You were gonna take aWR anyway, should have taken chad jackson.

and about our picks, I am never going to question nick saban for a while. Last year's draft was amazing. Ronnie Brown, Channing Crowder, Matt Roth, and Travis Daniels all cracked the starting lineup. Saban knows how to draft. I dont think Allen was the best available pick, but if Saban thinks it, i back him all the way

That's the main controversy swirling around the picks but it turns out that Moss was the #1 player on the board. So instead of making him a reach pick at 25, we traded down, got our future at DE, and managed to still get Moss in another round.

Lockhart, I knew you were a pessimistic whiner but this is the worst post that i've seen from you and I think that it's truly despicable. To refer to our first round draft pick by the name of the man that murdered his grandfather is inconsiderate and revolting. You might have a problem with who we picked but this is uncalled for. I am glad to know that if there is a hell, you will be burning and rotting in it for eternity.

Guest Lockhart
Lockhart, I knew you were a pessimistic whiner but this is the worst post that i've seen from you and I think that it's truly despicable. To refer to our first round draft pick by the name of the man that murdered his grandfather is inconsiderate and revolting. You might have a problem with who we picked but this is uncalled for. I am glad to know that if there is a hell, you will be burning and rotting in it for eternity.

Whatever - he is still a terrible first round pick.

Guest Carbo
That's a bit dramatic, don't you think?

That's a bit dramatic, don't you think?

No, I don't. The Giants are known as a classy organization and I think that should extend to the fans. If I were recently drafted by a team, Id like to visit the message boards and see how the fans are. Curt Schilling, for example spends a lot of time on Red Sox boards. If our first pick were to come here and see that, what would he think? I think Lockhart is the antithesis of classy. It's one thing to debate the quality of picks but to mock a player about his murdered grandfather (his heritage is something he obviously takes pride in) is crossing the line.

I have no problem at all with people being upset over the draft and I think they have the right to voice their displeasure but this is not the way to do it. I'm sad to say that we have fans in this organization like Lockhart.

No, I don't. The Giants are known as a classy organization and I think that should extend to the fans. If I were recently drafted by a team, Id like to visit the message boards and see how the fans are. Curt Schilling, for example spends a lot of time on Red Sox boards. If our first pick were to come here and see that, what would he think? I think Lockhart is the antithesis of classy. It's one thing to debate the quality of picks but to mock a player about his murdered grandfather (his heritage is something he obviously takes pride in) is crossing the line.

I have no problem at all with people being upset over the draft and I think they have the right to voice their displeasure but this is not the way to do it. I'm sad to say that we have fans in this organization like Lockhart.

Luckily, Mathias has never heard of sportswrath.com and there probably is no way he'll find out that this is the REAL giants message board.

But going to the other one certainly doesn't help...

Luckily, Mathias has never heard of sportswrath.com and there probably is no way he'll find out that this is the REAL giants message board.

But going to the other one certainly doesn't help...

Curt Schilling goes to The Son of Sam Horn board on a regular basis. It's the Red Sox website for hard core fans. I think that's pretty cool on his part.

Edited by Armstead98

Curt Schilling goes to The Son of Sam Horn board on a regular basis. It's the Red Sox website for hard core fans. I think that's pretty cool on his part.

It is. Originally, I was jealous when I found that Donovin Darius goes to Jaguards boards often but then I realized that if half of our players on our roster went on the GMB, they'd be on the verge of suicide or even retirement.

It is. Originally, I was jealous when I found that Donovin Darius goes to Jaguards boards often but then I realized that if half of our players on our roster went on the GMB, they'd be on the verge of suicide or even retirement.

:huh: you say that like suicide is the less drastic of the 2.

Brother, I agree with you 100%. You make a great argument here. The Giants Organization is the classiest in the league and this why I'm proudly a Giants fan. I just think players are smart enough to know these kind of fans actually do exist.

The fact that you are baseing most of your judgment on the players names shows how little football knowledge you posses...

They have no football knowledge, lets face it, if the Giants had the top 5 picks in the draft and picked those players as exactly how it turned out yesterday, they would still disagree with who they drafted. There is a reason these idiots are living at home with their parents, they are know nothing losers plain and simple.