SportsWrath

Hey Giant fans

GBfan12

I am one of the few Packer fans that like the Giants. Every other Packer fan on Packerforum.com hates the Giants and they are talking about how cocky the Giants were getting. I dont see the Giants being cocky but I think once a team plays each other alot a rivalry starts brewing.

I am one of the few Packer fans that like the Giants. Every other Packer fan on Packerforum.com hates the Giants and they are talking about how cocky the Giants were getting. I dont see the Giants being cocky but I think once a team plays each other alot a rivalry starts brewing.

Yah, I agree. Plus, most of the games that are played between the two are fairly close and exciting games.

I would admit that this year's Giants was a cocky team.

Its natural to think an opposing team is cocky especially coming from the fan base. Those feelings amplify especially when their is an uneven pattern of success...twice we knock out the Pack from the playoffs in our two recent Super Bowls...in their home stadium with them having the fullest expectation that they would be leaving the Giants dead and buried on the tundra in Green Bay. Rogers with his smirky demeanor makes it all the more reason why the Giants have grown to love beating up on the Pack. Favre's Pack was more of a respected foe...hail fellow well met ...kind of competition. Rogers and Matthews presentation makes it more of a grudge match where the defense especially makes every effort to pound Rogers' ass and not be too caring what the Pack or the Pack's fanbase thinks. I'm quite sure many a Giants fan feels the same way about the Pack....and the Egals who have enjoyed enormous success against the Giants over the years. Its also a regional thing...the Giants play in the City region...everyone hates NY...but did the haters ever realize that those of us who live the City could give less than a shit that they do. It doesn't even cross our minds to think about it...and that is only natural due to the size, diversity, history and level of economic/political importance that is the City. So it comes across as cockiness by those not part of it. You think we don't see the Egals as being cocky when they continuously beat us...of course we do...and maybe they are to a certain extent...its only natural due to the continued success. So until the Pack is able to win against the Giants when it counts unaided by biased calls such as a valid TD by the Giants being called incomplete and a bobbling microsecond of possession by the Pack being called a completed TD...that cockiness will probably remain in place. Professional sports at a certain point becomes more of a mental rather than physical game when you get to the penultimate level. Right now the Giants are in the Packs' and 69'ers heads...to a lesser extent the Broke Backs as well. Why do you think it was Jerrah's Mission Number 1 to beat the Giants in the opener ...and not say our mission is to win the Super Bowl...because he wanted to break that cycle more than anything. :D

We beat you guys to get in the playoffs in 2010. No Giant fan will mention that. That spiraled us to the super bowl, this year were in the playoffs and they are not. My Dad who is a diehard GB fan and as diehard as you can get named off his most hated teams the other day. He says he hates the Giants almost as much as the Vikings and Bears. He was so happy when they were eliminated due to their recent success against us. I wouldnt say your in our heads. We can beat you, there were many times last year Jennings was wide open for a touchdown in the playoff game and Rodgers was sacked and turned the ball over. Many times we were driving and turned the ball over. Finley was wide open for a touchdown and Rodgers overthrew him. Giants didnt outplay the Pack by that much, they got a hail mary before halftime that almost never happens.

We beat you guys to get in the playoffs in 2010. No Giant fan will mention that. That spiraled us to the super bowl, this year were in the playoffs and they are not. My Dad who is a diehard GB fan and as diehard as you can get named off his most hated teams the other day. He says he hates the Giants almost as much as the Vikings and Bears. He was so happy when they were eliminated due to their recent success against us. I wouldnt say your in our heads. We can beat you, there were many times last year Jennings was wide open for a touchdown in the playoff game and Rodgers was sacked and turned the ball over. Many times we were driving and turned the ball over. Finley was wide open for a touchdown and Rodgers overthrew him. Giants didnt outplay the Pack by that much, they got a hail mary before halftime that almost never happens.

That's how the ball bounces... where I, and many fans, took exception to was Mathews comments how the Packers beat themselves... as though that's supposed to make him feel better. You don't win the SB because you're lucky... because it's really hard to be lucky enough to get in the playoffs then lucky enough to beat the best teams in the league for 4 straight games.

As stated b4 I have no ill-feelings towards the Packers (Mathews' bs comments aside)

We came out flat in that game though. Had we played like we did in the regular season the entire year we could have had a chance to win. The 3 weeks off resting really killed us.

I'm not contesting that... and that's very true. But it's not classy to say the other team didn't deserve the win...

Besides we went on to beat the 9ers in their house too... then on to beat the Patriots. Kindda a tough argument for Clay to make. And to think he was one of my favorite players.. dude has no character.

I'm not contesting that... and that's very true. But it's not classy to say the other team didn't deserve the win...

Besides we went on to beat the 9ers in their house too... then on to beat the Patriots. Kindda a tough argument for Clay to make. And to think he was one of my favorite players.. dude has no character.

Im not saying you didnt deserve it. Im just saying how bad we played. You guys deserved it. Im just saying there were many opportunities we missed that could have made it close.

The last team the Pack or the 69'ers wanted to see in the playoffs was the Giants...if the 69'ers didn't fear the Giants why even worry about Jacobs being released back to us...anyway this is an academic conversation...we are in your heads...why...because you are still writing/talking about us...yeah you beat us in 2010...was writing about the last two years...and I was referring mostly to the playoffs...and my statement stands...I hope neither the Pack nor the 69'ers make it out past the NFC Championship Game...you seem like an upright guy but I hope your team meets with no success... :)

We fear the 49ers for years to come. I think we will beat the Giants next year. The Niners are in our heads right now, not so much the Giants. It was a good season to bad it came to an end last night.

I was really hoping it would be GB & Denver.

We fear the 49ers for years to come. I think we will beat the Giants next year. The Niners are in our heads right now, not so much the Giants. It was a good season to bad it came to an end last night.

I was rooting for GB to smash the 69ers but oh well. 9ers don't scare me either.