SportsWrath

UK, question for you on how you watch the games

boohyah

I was just curious, you and I and even Rik had remembered the old Channel 4 highlights show back in the 80's. I was listening to the Football Today podcast from yesterday and it seems they are having some sort of fanfest tomorrow in London for the game on Sunday ( you going?). Anyway, the guy from Sky Sports was saying that Sky is showing the Thursday game and also a 1pm and 4pm game every week. He also said that the Sunday night game and Monday game are also on Tv but on other channels. I was actually surprised there was that much coverage. How true is that?

Secondly, there's going to be 2 games in London next year and the Jags have a home game there now for the next 4. You think you might go to those games perhaps to get your fix?. And what's the buzz like about the possibility that all this is leading to a franchise in London, something which some of the owners are pushing for including Bob Kraft.

Just getting your perspective.

I know the question was for UK. but here in Denmark we get 3 games sunday every monday nigth game and every thursday game the late games get replayed the day after and all playoff games pro bowl and superbowl.

Same in Australia; all the primetime games plus one early and one late Sunday game (Fox).

i became a fan in 89 90 when the started broadcasting nfl here in Denmark, the Giants had a sick sick LB wearing number 56 ( had no idea about he´s off field problems at the time only found out years later when i got internet) i remember sneaking up to watch the Giants bills superbowl, one of the most thrilling games ive ever seen, i was hooked after that. we where 6 guys that started playing in a club not far from where we grew up Roskilde kings was the clubs name, some of us helped them win the Danish championship a few times also made it to play on the junior national team

Hi Boo

We have great coverage of the NFL over here in the UK

Personally i use NFL Game Pass a lot which gives me the option of watching every game live ( apart from the blocked games that SKY show )

Sky Sports show 2 games every Sunday and the Thur night game also

Channel 4 is back with the Sunday late game too

BBC are even doing a weekly highlights package and show the Superbowl live

It really is the best it has ever been

( and it all started back in 1984 on Ch4 )

Plenty of nights with NO SLEEP AT ALL over the last 28 years

Regards

UK

Hi Boo

We have great coverage of the NFL over here in the UK

Personally i use NFL Game Pass a lot which gives me the option of watching every game live ( apart from the blocked games that SKY show )

Sky Sports show 2 games every Sunday and the Thur night game also

Channel 4 is back with the Sunday late game too

BBC are even doing a weekly highlights package and show the Superbowl live

It really is the best it has ever been

( and it all started back in 1984 on Ch4 )

Plenty of nights with NO SLEEP AT ALL over the last 28 years

Regards

UK

Come a long way since Channel 4's 1 1/2 hours and watching the highlights of each game with Frankie Goes to Hollywood's Two tribes in the background. Shit used to get me pumped up every week.

But yeah, used to be a big treat every superbowl to get to stay up till 4 in the morning on a school night.

Ever go to wembely for the games not involving the giants?

i became a fan in 89 90 when the started broadcasting nfl here in Denmark, the Giants had a sick sick LB wearing number 56 ( had no idea about he´s off field problems at the time only found out years later when i got internet) i remember sneaking up to watch the Giants bills superbowl, one of the most thrilling games ive ever seen, i was hooked after that. we where 6 guys that started playing in a club not far from where we grew up Roskilde kings was the clubs name, some of us helped them win the Danish championship a few times also made it to play on the junior national team

Very nice, seems you have a nice thing going over there with the football.

Come a long way since Channel 4's 1 1/2 hours and watching the highlights of each game with Frankie Goes to Hollywood's Two tribes in the background. Shit used to get me pumped up every week.

But yeah, used to be a big treat every superbowl to get to stay up till 4 in the morning on a school night.

Ever go to wembely for the games not involving the giants?

Boo ....guess what .....Ch 4 brought back the retro 2 Tribes intro this year ......takes me back to when i was 15

Ive been to Wembley on 4 of the 6 occasions ......including that awful Giants Miami mudfest !

To be honest i try to get over to the US at least once every 2 years for a game ......but it gets bloody expensive and my wife isnt best pleased.

( better than following Liverpool FC anyway !!! )

Boo ....guess what .....Ch 4 brought back the retro 2 Tribes intro this year ......takes me back to when i was 15

Ive been to Wembley on 4 of the 6 occasions ......including that awful Giants Miami mudfest !

To be honest i try to get over to the US at least once every 2 years for a game ......but it gets bloody expensive and my wife isnt best pleased.

( better than following Liverpool FC anyway !!! )

They have a show on fox soccer channel these days called "being Liverpool", which follows the club throught the Brendan Rodgers transition, and not being bias, but it's not doing them any favors IMO.

I'm just curious about it, just listening to the guy yesterday I was surprised the coverage was that good, and you figure with the Giants, they'd be pretty much covered every weekend on one of those shows.