SportsWrath

My boy Kenny Phillips out for weeks

osi724dasack

Ya know Osi, I'll give you this one...he was playing well today....and we sure could have used him in safety help, watching Blackmon get owned by Nelson play after play while Amukamara was on Jennings (IDK why) and Corey Webster was what, ?, busy shutting down James Jones? These are the kinds of things I put on Fewell....not so much his schemes....

Ya know Osi, I'll give you this one...he was playing well today....and we sure could have used him in safety help, watching Blackmon get owned by Nelson play after play while Amukamara was on Jennings (IDK why) and Corey Webster was what, ?, busy shutting down James Jones? These are the kinds of things I put on Fewell....not so much his schemes....

Yeah, I was like WTF... why is Will Blackmon one on one against anyone, much less Jordy Nelson?

Oh are you his dad?

hehe, thats what I say to him....but it's the other way around....KP is Osi's dad.....

But anyway, had we kept Rolle out of that blitz and kept him back, I think Rolle could be in position to help Blackmon on that final, straw that broke the camel's back, completion to Nelson.

hehe, thats what I say to him....but it's the other way around....KP is Osi's dad.....

But anyway, had we kept Rolle out of that blitz and kept him back, I think Rolle could be in position to help Blackmon on that final, straw that broke the camel's back, completion to Nelson.

You can rush 5 and still have 6 in coverage... no excuse not to give Blackmon some help. But just match up wise, that was a huge mismatch. I think they have to play Webster and Prince on Jennings and Nelson, man to man with the game on the line. I just don't get it. Where was Ross, was he hurt?

You can rush 5 and still have 6 in coverage... no excuse not to give Blackmon some help. But just match up wise, that was a huge mismatch. I think they have to play Webster and Prince on Jennings and Nelson, man to man with the game on the line. I just don't get it. Where was Ross, was he hurt?

Exactly! I saw the Rook on Jennings, and the Rook, for the most part, doing a pretty "meh" job....not terrible, probably better than Aaron Ross, but still not doing that great, either. I don't get why Webster wasn't on Jennings....don't you typically match up best cover corner against best WR?

I dunno, but I thought we rushed too many on that play....1 too many, maybe, but still too many....there should have been one guy back there to help the obviously struggling Blackmon....or else someone different entirely guarding Jordy Nelson, but I also thought we had rushed 6....I could be wrong though

Exactly! I saw the Rook on Jennings, and the Rook, for the most part, doing a pretty "meh" job....not terrible, probably better than Aaron Ross, but still not doing that great, either. I don't get why Webster wasn't on Jennings....don't you typically match up best cover corner against best WR?

I dunno, but I thought we rushed too many on that play....1 too many, maybe, but still too many....there should have been one guy back there to help the obviously struggling Blackmon....or else someone different entirely guarding Jordy Nelson, but I also thought we had rushed 6....I could be wrong though

That had been the plan with Corey all year long so I have no idea why they would stray from it in this game. I had to work after the first quarter so I only listened to the last 3 quarters via 660 but either way, it didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Was it zone?