SportsWrath

I would rather have Chris Simms be our starting QB...

Plax 4 Prez

Yes, 2002. My mistake.

Umm, give me actual examples of times when Salisbury or Hodge have said Pennington has had a cannon of an arm. For all I've heard, Pennington's arm strength has always been knocked, and his accuracy has been praised. And WHY should I listen to you, when the stats say otherwise? And as for putting him in the class of Manning, the only other Qb I've heard put in Manning's class is Tom Brady (and Culpepper during his career year in 04-05).

How can I give you examples from something that took place in 2003? All I can tell you was that it was in 2003 pre-season in fact or fiction. This time I fully trust my memory and I certainly recall them saying it. I remember shaking my head after it was said. All you guys could do is trust me on this which I doubt you'll do at this point.

2002 was an exception for Chad. He showed decent arm strenghth that year at least downfield. However the following years were a little bit different.

I think god carried that one too.

If you didn't notice, I was being sarcastic.

Oh yeah, we're going to use one game as an example to prove he has a very good downfield arm?

How about how he statistically compares favorably to Bledsoe and Brady in this area. We're using a full season...

gateb, I think it's best that you ignore these self-proclaimed football experts. When they try to prove something to you, the best reply that you should give them is 'If you know so much, why aren't you running a team?' That ought to keep these people away.

By the way, gateb, you're a better poster then these self-proclaimed football expert can ever dream to become. These people are just trying to get a rise out of you. They think they know it all, but in reality, they are just making stuff up in fine grammatical structure, tricking you into believing it.

Don't fall into their trap, because last I checked, they aren't employed with any professional football organization.

They are simply an evolved version of trolls. They trick you into thinking, by their superior grammatical structure and fine debating skills, that they know football. In fact, they don't know anything.

Gateb, I wholeheartedly agree with you that Chad Pennington was a good QB, a fine talent, that injury destroyed -- Definitely not overrated. Don't let these poopies tell you any different.

gateb, I think it's best that you ignore these self-proclaimed football experts. When they try to prove something to you, the best reply that you should give them is 'If you know so much, why aren't you running a team?' That ought to keep these people away.

By the way, gateb, you're a better poster then these self-proclaimed football expert can ever dream to become. These people are just trying to get a rise out of you. They think they know it all, but in reality, they are just making stuff up in fine grammatical structure, tricking you into believing it.

Don't fall into their trap, because last I checked, they aren't employed with any professional football organization.

They are simply an evolved version of trolls. They trick you into thinking, by their superior grammatical structure and fine debating skills, that they know football. In fact, they don't know anything.

Gateb, I wholeheartedly agree with you that Chad Pennington was a good QB, a fine talent, that injury destroyed -- Definitely not overrated. Don't let these poopies tell you any different.

rock on :rock:

:unsure:

How about how he statistically compares favorably to Bledsoe and Brady in this area. We're using a full season...

Was speed kills using total career numbers or just the 2003 season? Because 2003 was Brady's worst year of his career, which obviously says a lot but still his worst season. And Bledsoe also had a sub-par year for his standards in 2003. So not the ideal example.

If you're looking for specifics on Bledsoe:

16 16 471 274 58.2 2860 6.07 54 11 12 49/371 28 2 73.0

His second worst passer rating of his career compared to his rookie season. Third lowest yards total in his career also.

Edited by gateb

2002 was an exception for Chad. He showed decent arm strenghth that year at least downfield. However the following years were a little bit different.

Umm, yea, he was injured in the following years. 2002 was good since he was completely healthy.

Next, I was being consistent. Using 2002-3, the year Pennington was most healthy. As for downfield passing, if you want to use 2004-2005 season, the other year he led them to the playoffs, he was even better passing downfield. 10/29 from 21-30 yards, 3/8 from 31-40 yards, and here's the kicker, 3-7 from 41+ yards. In total, he went 16/44 from 21+ yards coming out to a completion percentage of 36%.

And if you want to use Brady's career year, which was this past season, he was 11/43 from 21-30 yards, 3/13 from 31-40 yards, and 2/10 from 41+ yards. For those of you counting from home, that comes out to 16/66 from 21+ yards, or 24% completion percentage.

As for Bledsoe, during one of the best years in his career (his first year with the Bills, 2002-3), he went 12/42 from 21-30 yards, 3/16 from 31-40 yards, and 3/10 from 41+ yards. Cumulatively, he went 18/68 from 21+ yards, for a 26% completion percentage.

Was speed kills using total career numbers or just the 2003 season? Because 2003 was Brady's worst year of his career, which obviously says a lot but still his worst season. And Bledsoe also had a sub-par year for his standards in 2003. So not the ideal example.

If you're looking for specifics on Bledsoe:

16 16 471 274 58.2 2860 6.07 54 11 12 49/371 28 2 73.0

His second worst passer rating of his career compared to his rookie season. Third lowest yards total in his career also.

I believe he used 2002 stats. Brady set a career high in TDs, completions, and yards that year. He had a terrific individual season.

Bledsoe had an excellent year in 2002 as well.

I believe he used 2002 stats. Brady set a career high in TDs, completions, and yards that year. He had a terrific individual season.

Bledsoe had an excellent year in 2002 as well.

I got mixed up, I used 2003 Bledsoe, not 2002. The original mix up with 2003 must've messed with my mind.

Chris Simms is quick on his feet, accurate, will take a sack before throwing of his back foot, and if you really think about it, he is a vocal leader and a guy that will continue to elevate... Simms doesn't have our targets!! I know there's no chance of a trade or anything to that extent, but just in my opinion I prefer Simms....

Comments?

:LMAO: That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard :LMAO:

Yes I know Stupidest isnt a word :TU:

classic.

Yes, you are correct, but Simms showed much more promise against Washington than Goober.

Is this what happens on Saturday night, posts get sliced and diced.

Meanwhile, it was another typical Saturday night for the Fab 4, Manhattan, fine wine and fine women.

You and lockhart dressed up as women and gott wasted on Mad Dog 20/20? You losers sure know how to live. Another typical FAG 4 Sat. night. Pretty sad, UPOS. :confused:

Guest Floyd The Barber
You and lockhart dressed up as women and gott wasted on Mad Dog 20/20? You losers sure know how to live. Another typical FAG 4 Sat. night. Pretty sad, UPOS. :confused:

how is this football/NYG relevant ??

lets take our focus now towards this weekends draft, and how we as the fan can better our NYG's...the Giants have plenty of mop-up work to do considering the countless blunders they have made this offseason

lets take our focus now towards this weekends draft, and how we as the fan can better our NYG's...the Giants have plenty of mop-up work to do considering the countless blunders they have made this offseason

Why don't you and the rest of your group of idiots work on your next wrong prediction. BTW, your boyfriend carbo initiated that, I was just following up on it. You bitter, pathetic asshole.

Game one has not been played this year and you say countless blunders!?!?!?

:LMAO:

Floyd you and your clan have reached an all new level of pathetic. They need to come up with a more descriptive word to better represent how much of a pathetic dope you are.....

This is great!

Guest Nutty Sack

Lets get back to the subject matter here. I'd be flying high as a kite with unbridled optomism if we were heading into 2006 with Chris Simms behind center. Why must people comtinue to open old scars?? We pushed hard as we could that fateful draft day to pick Chris with our second choice.

I put this one behind me......but the obvious is to much to ignore.

Lets get back to the subject matter here. I'd be flying high as a kite with unbridled optomism if we were heading into 2006 with Chris Simms behind center. Why must people comtinue to open old scars?? We pushed hard as we could that fateful draft day to pick Chris with our second choice.

It must be sad to live your life living in a state of "what could have been" all of the time. I feel very sorry for you and the girls, dye.

yeah lets get Chris Simms next year His one year contract must mean he's a ringer!

Maybe we can trade arrington, shcokey, and plaxico to get him...

I can't understand why the NY org doesn't hire you guys your so full of good ideas!

Guest Floyd The Barber

we can sign every FA superstar out there, but wouldnt make a world of difference if Eli does not come into this years camps vastly improved and with a labatomy...

he needs to shed his "child" like image pronto, and grow a set...i suggest a goat-tee or some random facial hair...

we can sign every FA superstar out there, but wouldnt make a world of difference if Eli does not come into this years camps vastly improved and with a labatomy...

he needs to shed his "child" like image pronto, and grow a set...i suggest a goat-tee or some random facial hair...

Maybe you, he and the rest of the FAG 4 can all grow a set together. :LMAO:

Yes you would like that wouldn't you....

Manning with facial hair.....more whacking material for the fantastic four...