SportsWrath

I would rather have Chris Simms be our starting QB...

Plax 4 Prez

Simms led his team to a playoff victory, Manning, a playoff embarrassment, which happens to run in the family.

THE BUCS LOST TO THE SKINS (THANKS IN PART TO ARRINGTON) YOU STUPID FUCK, HAHAHAHAHA EXPOSED ONCE AGAIN

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

Simms and Pennington are nothing alike, aside from playing the same position.

It's a shame Chad got hurt. He was a special talent at QB.

Special talent? Yes, he was a good guy and a solid, consistent QB but hardly a special talent. Even before his injuries he never had a deep ball. He's a tremendous decision maker and accurate passer but past 15 yards he's nothing out of the ordinary.

Simms led his team to a playoff victory, Manning, a playoff embarrassment, which happens to run in the family.

Before the inevitable edit happens.

Call me crazy, I thought Simms lost to the Redskins? :confused:

In Simms defense: Yeah, but 2 of his picks were tipped by thier own team, plus he threw either a game-tieing or game-winning perfect pass to the endzone and whoever that was dropped the perfect pass... seriously, re-watch that game... he did all he could do...

Guest Nutty Sack
In Simms defense: Yeah, but 2 of his picks were tipped by thier own team, plus he threw either a game-tieing or game-winning perfect pass to the endzone and whoever that was dropped the perfect pass... seriously, re-watch that game... he did all he could do...

Unfotunately we must all be exposed to the obvious in 2006 as our guy pisses the bed and Chris continues to develop into a top notch NFL QB. He won't be spectacular but he'll get the job done with toughness just like his Dad.

Our guy will continue to develop like his Dad. Futile efforts year after year, never amounting to anything but potential unfullfilled.

Quite sad.

simms has michael clayton (The best rookie wr the year before) joey galloway (Pro Bowl) cadilliac williams (huge threat) and alex smith (second best TE coming out of college big target) as targets not to mention the team was like 6-0 when he took over

This is a pretty poor argument seeing as our skill position players are far better than that of the Bucs.

Chris Simms is quick on his feet, accurate, will take a sack before throwing of his back foot, and if you really think about it, he is a vocal leader and a guy that will continue to elevate... Simms doesn't have our targets!! I know there's no chance of a trade or anything to that extent, but just in my opinion I prefer Simms....

Comments?

Lay off the wall candy.

Here is what you need to know about Chris Simms:

He was very overrated at Texas and beaten out by a non pro named Major Applewhite for 2 years. He had some of the top talent in the country year in and year out at a perennial D1 powerhouse at Texas, yet lost big game after big game. He fell to the third round in the draft.

in comparison Eli Manning played at perennial SEC dormat OLE MISS with little or no talent around him, yet as a senior had his team finish the year ranked #10 in the nation, in a tough conference, with little or no NFL first day of the draft talent around him.

Consider this: Bucs HC and renowned QB guru(having been a Walsh/Holmgren WC offense disciple having coached with such Qb's as Montana, Young, Favre) was so unenamored with Simms that he had him sit behind career journeymen Brian Griese all the while using a rookie RB and young WR, where the exuse to build around a good young Qb would have been warranted. Also consider the number of Qb's that Gruden brought in during the 05 off season(Akili Smith was one) and that tells you all you need to know how Gruden felt about Simms.

I believe Simms did some to change Grudens mind, but lets be honest he was not the reason in any game that his team won the game. The strong 4-0 start led by Griese had as much to do with that teams success as any.

:doh:

Yep and Eli didn't have any game tying or winning drives at all last year. But Simms did all he could and Eli didn't... :TD:

Here is what you need to know about Chris Simms:

He was very overrated at Texas and beaten out by a non pro named Major Applewhite for 2 years. He had some of the top talent in the country year in and year out at a perennial D1 powerhouse at Texas, yet lost big game after big game. He fell to the third round in the draft.

in comparison Eli Manning played at perennial SEC dormat OLE MISS with little or no talent around him, yet as a senior had his team finish the year ranked #10 in the nation, in a tough conference, with little or no NFL first day of the draft talent around him.

Consider this: Bucs HC and renowned QB guru(having been a Walsh/Holmgren WC offense disciple having coached with such Qb's as Montana, Young, Favre) was so unenamored with Simms that he had him sit behind career journeymen Brian Griese all the while using a rookie RB and young WR, where the exuse to build around a good young Qb would have been warranted. Also consider the number of Qb's that Gruden brought in during the 05 off season(Akili Smith was one) and that tells you all you need to know how Gruden felt about Simms.

I believe Simms did some to change Grudens mind, but lets be honest he was not the reason in any game that his team won the game. The strong 4-0 start led by Griese had as much to do with that teams success as any.

I remember his senior year at Ol Miss, I remember watching the Ol Miss - LSU game that year and saying to myself, wouldn't it be great if the Giants drafted him.

He makes smart decisions , Chris Simms has showed me he can move around and release the ball with a little more confidence, and will take a sack instead of throwing a hail mary (what I call a low punt) into double/triple coverage... I'm not saying that Manning is bad, but I just think Simms will end up a better decision maker and leader unless Manning matures. Eli has to become a smarter QB.

Simms Jr. was the same guy that was confused with the Bucs Offensive schemes when they threw him in. Gruden and co. had to 'dummy down' the plays. Eli was asked to do WAY more than the 'smart QB' Simms Jr.

So don't give me that 'Simms is smarter' crap. Hell...didja actually SEE Chris Simms in his last few games as a Senior in college? I beleive he faired poorly in his last game...

Shepperd made that drop and that was a great throw. But I remember to start the game he sucked big time.

I remember his senior year at Ol Miss, I remember watching the Ol Miss - LSU game that year and saying to myself, wouldn't it be great if the Giants drafted him.

Ole Miss is the SEC version of what the Arizona Cardinals were in the old NFC east, not the case when ELI was there though.

Special talent? Yes, he was a good guy and a solid, consistent QB but hardly a special talent. Even before his injuries he never had a deep ball. He's a tremendous decision maker and accurate passer but past 15 yards he's nothing out of the ordinary.

His combination of anticipation skills, accuracy, and decision-making ability are a rarity. He had underrated arm strength, too ... he threw an accurate deep ball. I never understood where the "weak arm" stigma came from. His arm strength was more than accurate, and his deep ball was certainly more accurate than Eli's and many others...

:doh:

Yep and Eli didn't have any game tying or winning drives at all last year. But Simms did all he could and Eli didn't... :TD:

Nem I'm not argueing with you :P I don't think Eli is bad, I like Eli, but I just think Chris would be a better fit here... we'll never know for sure, but I just feel like I like Chris better than Eli... We can't predict how he would do in NY, but I like the guys work ethic...

I'm not sure how you can realistically expect to effectively compare Simms and Eli, considering they play in vastly different offensive system with inherently variant responsibilities placed on the QB. This is a foolish argument, because there is no logical, accessible criteria to determine if Eli or Simms is a better fit for this offense...

I'm not sure how you can effectively compare Simms and Eli, considering they play in vastly different offensive system with inherently variant responsibilities placed on the QB...

your right Money, but my thing is do you Not, or do you believe Chris Simms could or could not come in here and run this team better or not then Eli?? I know it's a hard question, but be real on your opinion

your right Money, but my thing is do you Not, or do you believe Chris Simms could or could not come in here and run this team better or not then Eli?? I know it's a hard question, but be real on your opinion

This is a foolish argument, because there is no logical, accessible criteria to determine if Eli or Simms is a better fit for this offense.

As for the "hey, it's my opinion" rhetoric, understand that an opinion is useless if it isn't based on clear, data-based analysis ... something that is certainly unavailable in this case.