SportsWrath

Nnamdi Asomugha

Bigblue25

No...it spells "over". :ermm:

They sure kept Nicks quiet though.

I was to go six letters like E-A-G-L-E-S. Four seemed to work better then spelling out the whole damn word. They doubled up Nicks most of the game. Asomugha, has not looked good in any of their three games, I think it was you, that said he was overrated in July.

I was to go six letters like E-A-G-L-E-S. Four seemed to work better then spelling out the whole damn word. They doubled up Nicks most of the game. Asomugha, has not looked good in any of their three games, I think it was you, that said he was overrated in July.

What I said, which seems to hold true in Philly too, is that he only plays one side of the field (left), which means teams can leave their #2 over there, making him look better stat-wise. I didn't think he was as versatile as Revis, who follows the #1 around the field. Apparently he sucks at tackling too.

What I said, which seems to hold true in Philly too, is that he only plays one side of the field (left), which means teams can leave their #2 over there, making him look better stat-wise. I didn't think he was as versatile as Revis, who follows the #1 around the field. Apparently he sucks at tackling too.

He only plays the outside, even if no one throws his way, it still doesn't explain, why is tackle numbers are so low. We have T2, who came in run support alot and did very well. I said, I did not think Asomugha, was even the best FA corner, I thought that was Joseph, who went to Houston. He is pretty good, but now he is getting tested more, and the three Eagles games I seen, he has not looked spectactular. Like you said, he wasn't shutting down primary receivers in Oakland, their other corner Routt, doesn't look too bad, they didn't seem to sad about losing Nnamdi.

He only plays the outside, even if no one throws his way, it still doesn't explain, why is tackle numbers are so low. We have T2, who came in run support alot and did very well. I said, I did not think Asomugha, was even the best FA corner, I thought that was Joseph, who went to Houston. He is pretty good, but now he is getting tested more, and the three Eagles games I seen, he has not looked spectactular. Like you said, he wasn't shutting down primary receivers in Oakland, their other corner Routt, doesn't look too bad, they didn't seem to sad about losing Nnamdi.

Routt looks good, you're right.

I've said Nnamdi was overrated from the get go.

He's a bump and run guy. Give him tome. (or time)

That is one problem with the Eagles, they had no idea what they were getting with Castillo, maybe he needs time. I am surprised, Nnamdi did go there with a green DC. He could of reunited with Ryan, in Dallas, he had is best years under Ryan. Still, he is not very physical for a press corner.

Philly's star-studded secondary has been a major disappointment.

Much of the hype surrounding the Eagles in the preseason revolved around going after the best defense that money could buy. Opponents not only were expected to be under constant pressure from a rebuilt defensive line spearheaded by newcomers Jason Babin and Cullen Jenkins, but also be blanketed by Nnamdi Asomugha, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Asante Samuel.

While the revamped front line has certainly lived up to the hype, the secondary has fallen woefully short of expectations. The unit has surrendered eight touchdowns, tied for the most in the league, and only produced two interceptions. They also have allowed two completions of 40-plus yards and been torched by unheralded receivers.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai

Asomugha, in particular, has struggled despite being regarded as the premier shutdown corner in the league. He has been caught out of position on deep throws and his inability to snuff out the likes of Victor Cruz and Brandon Gibson is a concern considering the elite receivers remaining on the Eagles' schedule.

Part of Asomugha's woes in coverage could be attributed to transitioning into a scheme vastly different from the one he thrived in as a Raider. He is being asked to play more zone coverage, and isn't completely comfortable playing away from the line of scrimmage. He is also occasionally aligning over the slot receiver, which requires different techniques than he is accustomed. Regardless of the circumstances, Asomugha was expected to raise the level of play in the back end and he has failed to do so thus far.

Rodgers-Cromartie also has been a slight disappointment as a nickel corner. He hasn't been solid as a tackler, and his misses have resulted in big gains. He has also failed to deliver the big plays expected of him when the Eagles traded for him in the offseason. He has no interceptions and just one break-up.

Of the Eagles' star-studded corners, Samuel has played the best to date. He has provided solid coverage on most downs despite rarely seeing a ball head in his direction. His gambling ways, however, will result in a receiver slipping behind him at times. He compensates for his risky play by delivering turnovers. He is responsible for one of the Eagles' two picks and his ability to jump routes dissuades quarterbacks from testing him. While he could certainly become a better tackler, it is hard to nitpick based on his performance compared to his counterparts.

Defensive coordinator Juan Castillo has come under fire for failing to get his unit to perform, and he will continue to feel the heat until his secondary proves its worth.

NFL.com

They have serious problems on both sides of the LOS and their LBers suck

but their overall talent is fine.......they should get the WC at 10-6

If Vick misses 4 games like they are saying... they might have 4 or 5 losses before week 9. They have New England, the Jets, and us again (at our place) the second half of the season. If they win all the games they SHOULD win, and Vick doesn't get creamed again, they could be in a position like we were last year, having to win the final three games to make the playoffs. That's the Jets, @Dallas, and the Redskins.

Now, how the frick do we have to play Green Bay and they get to play the Bears, when they won the division last year? :ranting2: I suppose it has something to do with the Bears winning their division last year, and Green Bay being the WC. Damn. We got the shaft. They also get Atlanta while we get the Saints... although they have already lost to ATL, so that makes me feel a bit better.

Giants better come up with something brilliant to beat the Packers and Saints, who are probably the two best teams in the NFL right now. We may have to win at least one of those games to make the playoffs this year.

If Vick misses 4 games like they are saying... they might have 4 or 5 losses before week 9. They have New England, the Jets, and us again (at our place) the second half of the season. If they win all the games they SHOULD win, and Vick doesn't get creamed again, they could be in a position like we were last year, having to win the final three games to make the playoffs. That's the Jets, @Dallas, and the Redskins.

Now, how the frick do we have to play Green Bay and they get to play the Bears, when they won the division last year? :ranting2: I suppose it has something to do with the Bears winning their division last year, and Green Bay being the WC. Damn. We got the shaft. They also get Atlanta while we get the Saints... although they have already lost to ATL, so that makes me feel a bit better.

Giants better come up with something brilliant to beat the Packers and Saints, who are probably the two best teams in the NFL right now. We may have to win at least one of those games to make the playoffs this year.

I'm glad we get GB.. to be the best.. you gotta beat the best.

I'm glad we get GB.. to be the best.. you gotta beat the best.

Talk to me after we play them. I'd rather beat the best in the playoffs. It's getting there that worries me now... and playing teams like Green Bay isn't going to help matters. Regular season is all about how many wins you can rack up. Got to be in it to win it.

Talk to me after we play them. I'd rather beat the best in the playoffs. It's getting there that worries me now... and playing teams like Green Bay isn't going to help matters. Regular season is all about how many wins you can rack up. Got to be in it to win it.

So.. we gonna beat them twice.. what's the problem? :)