SportsWrath

In The Shadows: Overlooked NFL Players (NFL.com)

Mr. P

That was Matt Bryant who did that, right? Giants were coming back, too, if I recall correctly.

you sure it wasn't owen pochman? i can def recall him having some kickoffs go out of bounds in crunch time.

That's right. I always used to confuse Matt Allen and Matt Bryant, probably because I was mad at both.

Matt Allen was they guy, who threw the incomplete pass against San Fran in that playoff game. That was the only year we had him. Feagles came abroad in 2003.

you sure it wasn't owen pochman? i can def recall him having some kickoffs go out of bounds in crunch time.

It could have been him but I was pretty sure it was Matt Bryant...though I could be wrong. I remember that it was back when I was still in Middle School and still had a bed time, and it was a prime time game and my dad made me go to bed because the Giants were losing and weren't showing any signs of life. I got up in the morning and he was laughing about the game(he's a Skins fan) and told me to turn on ESPN. So I turn on ESPN to find out the Giants had come back to tie the game, then the kickoff went out of bounds and the Cowboys moved into position to win the game with a field goal. It was an awful day at school.

Matt Allen was they guy, who threw the incomplete pass against San Fran in that playoff game. That was the only year we had him. Feagles came abroad in 2003.

Though he threw a pretty solid pass, to an eligible receiver who was getting tackled while the ball was in the air. :(

That should have led to a re kick as there was an ineligible lineman downfield...but of course the dumb ass referees said no.

Well, the lineman he threw the ball to was eligible, and I'm not sure if there was anyone actually ineligible down the field....I do know it should have been a pass interference call and if there were no ineligible receivers down field, then a re kick at the 1 yard line. If there was an ineligible receiver, then offsetting penalties and a re-kick from the previous spot.

Well, the lineman he threw the ball to was eligible, and I'm not sure if there was anyone actually ineligible down the field....I do know it should have been a pass interference call and if there were no ineligible receivers down field, then a re kick at the 1 yard line. If there was an ineligible receiver, then offsetting penalties and a re-kick from the previous spot.

No, there were a bunch of ineligible receivers down field, but if the refs would have called the pass interference correctly..it would have been offsetting and a re-kick.

I agree with you...but what the refs say happened is that there was an ineligible lineman down field....where they screwed up was that the pass interference and lineman down field were offsetting; which should have resulted in a re kick that did not happen. The refs ended the game on the ineligible down field and did not consider the pass interference which was an incorrect interpretation of the rules. I forget which group of refs did it...but hopefully they are no longer in football.

No, there were a bunch of ineligible receivers down field, but if the refs would have called the pass interference correctly..it would have been offsetting and a re-kick.

Well, that's why I said I wasn't sure if there were, lol.

This is correct. The game can't end on offsetting penalties so there'd have been one more untimed play.

Crazy how much we take/took guys like Feagles and Tynes for granted after seeing guys like Matt Dodge, the dudes before Feagles Matt Bryant, Bill Gramatica, Jay Feely just ruin games for us for years.

I don't think Bill Gramatica ever attempted a field goal for us, though....I think we went with Feely instead.

I don't think Bill Gramatica ever attempted a field goal for us, though....I think we went with Feely instead.

good thing then I cant really remember that well.

Feely wasnt all that bad other than the horrible Seatlle game. He made some tackles too

good thing then I cant really remember that well.

Feely wasnt all that bad other than the horrible Seatlle game. He made some tackles too

Feely was actually a pretty good kicker....Matt Bryant also went on to have a pretty solid career. He hit what, a 63 yarder or something?

But btw, I knew you weren't making it up Bill Gramatica was on our squad during an offseason.

Crazy how much we take/took guys like Feagles and Tynes for granted after seeing guys like Matt Dodge, the dudes before Feagles Matt Bryant, Bill Gramatica, Jay Feely just ruin games for us for years.

Rodney Williams booted a 90 yard for us

Amen to that, brother. Been a weakness on that team since the Sehorn incident.

But, Tynes hit the game winner in Lambeau..........Oh...thats right, that game should of never went to OT and only did cause of Tynes.

Rodney Williams booted a 90 yard for us

That guy was like the Anti-Feagles. Could boom them but no consistency or control.

But, Tynes hit the game winner in Lambeau..........Oh...thats right, that game should of never went to OT and only did cause of Tynes.

Well to be fair to Tynes no kicker ever made his attempted field goals or the game winner. I am sure it was like kicking a rock.