SportsWrath

Torii Hunter Rumor

Guest Ghost of Troubled Joe

Guest So.Cal Dub
Big-game Hunter?

Apr 17 - If the Yankees decide after this season they want Torii Hunter, he may be available and seems willing to listen, the Newark Star-Ledger reports. "I'm still with the Twins," Hunter told the newspaper, "but as a kid, that's all you knew -- Yankees. So when you think the Yankees are after you, you're like, 'Wow. That's cool.' But I'm still committed to the Twins."

Hunter, who has been with Minnesota since the Twins drafted him in the first round in 1993, is in the final season of a four-year, $32 million contract and has told the team he wants to see a long-term commitment to winning before deciding whether to stay. "It could be ... my last season with the Twins," he admitted. "We'll see what happens."

The Twins have a $12 million option on Hunter's contract for 2007, and whether they exercise the option depends mostly on how the team fares in 2006. If the Twins are out of playoff contention by midseason, they could purge some salaries by the July 31 trade deadline. Hunter, who is set to make a single-season franchise record $10.75 million this season, could be one of the first players out the door.

And the old men keep coming,.......possibly.

Last I checked, we have a center fielder. Yeah, lets move John Damon the right and turn singles into stand up doubles and have runners go from first to 3rd at will. Great idea. Plus Torii is not that good of a hitter and the "spectacular" defensive plays he make are mainly due to the horrible routes he takes and bad jumps he gets.

He's interested in the Yankees, the Yankees arent interested in him...belee dat

Guest So.Cal Dub
I didn't know Torii Hunter could pitch, give the Jankees quality starts on a consistant basis. Thanks!

yeah me either....

I guess I'm an idiot also..

you see i have not heard of this rumor at all, and by the way why do we need him we have a good outfiels :TU:

well lets see.

im not saying to get hunter but, sheffield is nearing his end. i think he will b 38 at the end of this season and it will be hard for him to continue to play the outfield. matsui will be 34. we have 3-4 good years left of him and then a few okay ones. damon is signed 4 years and hes not going anywhere

Yeah why do we need another outfielder so what if sheffields reaching the end i think he has at least another year left in him right noow we need to worry about pitching

Well, this is probably Sheff's last year. He may have more years in him left but with what he did this spring training, the Yanks probably don't want much more of him. They can replace him though.

Torn, I believe Sheffield has 2 years left. However if they want Torii Hunter they should move Damon to DH which would make Bernie not play a lot of games.

Im all for the trade for Melky Cabera for D-Train if it happends! :drool:

:also fuck jaret wright, he sucks cock that fat ass:

Torn, I believe Sheffield has 2 years left. However if they want Torii Hunter they should move Damon to DH which would make Bernie not play a lot of games.

Im all for the trade for Melky Cabera for D-Train if it happends! :drool:

:also fuck jaret wright, he sucks cock that fat ass:

what was ur first clue? :confused::doh:

Im saying him and Oh, my back hurts Pavano should get released by yankees right now. We should wait until Clemens is ready to pitch in May or do the trade I said with Willis :drool:

its not my back hurts pavano its a mentally insane pavano :baby: :explode: